Whats all this Adblue stuff

The formation of isocyanic acid and carbon dioxide in the exhaust is offset by the prior manufacture of urea from ammonia and carbon dioxide.

1- A point of edumacation. These Urea fed exhaust after treatment systems are actually a new producer of CO2 - the chemical reactions produce additional CO2. Google it if you remembered your high school chemistry.

2- So Greta et all will be quite pleased with the adblue stopping ;)
1- I believe Seasink already covered this quite thoroughly in post #4?

2- Given that NOx are recognised as being some 300 times worse than CO2 as greenhouse gases; are you (and Greta) saying that for every particle of NOx that the Adblue process removes it generates more than 300 times as much CO2 in said process?

I've added a link in case anyone is interested in a real chemistry lesson. It is heavy reading in places.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10098-014-0793-9

One bright side i can see to it is the company Berlingo that i drive for work is a 1.5 litre turbo diesel. If i can't get add blue to put in the tank i won't have to go to work.

One bright side i can see to it is the company Berlingo that i drive for work is a 1.5 litre turbo diesel. If i can't get add blue to put in the tank i won't have to go to work.
Unfortunately the government says there is five weeks supply so you need to spread the rumour it's going to run out tomorrow and get a toilet paper type buy up going. You need every diesel car owner to buy a years supply. A few empty shelves, a good panic and the job or rather your job is right.

Ah perfect!

Get your company fuel cards everyone and empty the local petrol stations! :D Probably just needs a little push and a few facebook posts about wierd how my local servo was empty... to get everyone another 4 weeks off in Jan!

Ah perfect!

Get your company fuel cards everyone and empty the local petrol stations! :D Probably just needs a little push and a few facebook posts about wierd how my local servo was empty... to get everyone another 4 weeks off in Jan!
Hmmm, that whole Adblue injection thing was rushed onto the market a bit too quick for my liking.😉

1- I believe Seasink already covered this quite thoroughly in post #4?

2- Given that NOx are recognised as being some 300 times worse than CO2 as greenhouse gases; are you (and Greta) saying that for every particle of NOx that the Adblue process removes it generates more than 300 times as much CO2 in said process?

I've added a link in case anyone is interested in a real chemistry lesson. It is heavy reading in places.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10098-014-0793-9
NOx and N20 are not interchangeable terms. N2O is a small component of NOx, but not the compound targeted by SCR systems.

SCR systems are a source of greenhouse emissions and are an IPCC identified source category.

NOx and N20 are not interchangeable terms. N2O is a small component of NOx, but not the compound targeted by SCR systems.

SCR systems are a source of greenhouse emissions and are an IPCC identified source category.
Not sure where the N2O has come from?
NO2 has been mentioned a couple of times?

NO2 is a major percentage of the NOx in a diesel exhaust, some 60%. An SCR targets NO2.

However based on your earlier statement in regards to the possibility of Adblue running out ("Greta would be quite pleased"), you are saying a diesel engine with Adblue injection is a greater gross polluter than the same engine is without Adblue injection?

Kim, so does every Citroen/Peugeot diesel. and they have done it for many years. EGR isn't active all the time, but SCR is, Conformity with newer EU and other country design rules is being done with the addition of an Adblue system.

Other older anti-pollution systems like EGR, catalytic converters and exhaust filters remain in use as as well.

Spoke to a mate of mine who works at a large transport company. He said they are in the process of making sure all their older prime movers, (which do their local deliveries) are in 100% tip top shape. (Wouldn't be hard for this company as they really take pride in their fleet).

He said if the sh#t hits the fan with Adblue supplies, the older pre Adblue trucks will be doing the interstate runs and the newer Adblue trucks, (Adblue stock permitting), will be short hauling.

Makes sense I guess.🤷‍♂️

Not sure where the N2O has come from?
NO2 has been mentioned a couple of times?

NO2 is a major percentage of the NOx in a diesel exhaust, some 60%. An SCR targets NO2.

However based on your earlier statement in regards to the possibility of Adblue running out ("Greta would be quite pleased"), you are saying a diesel engine with Adblue injection is a greater gross polluter than the same engine is without Adblue injection?
NO2 is not a greenhouse gas - N20 is, that’s the 300 GWP you quoted.

Yes, a diese sans adblue emits less GHGs, but a shit tonne pollution harmful to human health.

The Mazda/ Ford 5 cylinder fortunately doesn't need it, some John Deere agricultural diesels do, and most Victorian rural fire trucks are unaffected because adblue hadn't been heard of last century.

[/URL]
Note: Like my Renault Koleos, the second uses a recirculation system to replace some of the exhaust gas with intake air to reduce the amount of nitrogen that can be turned into NOx. Owners of cars fitted with this type of system don’t need to use AdBlue.
Kim you did mean "replace some of the intake air with exhaust gas to reduce the amount of nitrogen that can be turned into NOx", didn't you :).

Kim you did mean "replace some of the intake air with exhaust gas to reduce the amount of nitrogen that can be turned into NOx", didn't you :).

The fact remains that there is a feasible alternative to the scourge of AdBlue! ;) I didn't write the article.......

The fact remains that there is a feasible alternative to the scourge of AdBlue! ;)
Just finishing the fine tuning on my Adblueless system.👍

Attachments

• 16391350514858498733485656146016_1449677711784102(1).jpg
    16391350514858498733485656146016_1449677711784102(1).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 76
NO2 isn't exactly an "innocent" bystander in the greenhouse effect.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FBAWegQIGxAB&usg=AOvVaw2bvJHC32J5elaDx9tZsAuN
Sigh. Anyway.
NO2 isn't exactly an "innocent" bystander in the greenhouse effect.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FBAWegQIGxAB&usg=AOvVaw2bvJHC32J5elaDx9tZsAuN
Sure, there are minor cross effects. It’s not the GWP 298 has N20 though and it’s not the new CO2 produces in SCR systems.

They’re a net contributor, which is why they’re an IPCC source category.