Updating the Australian GS/A Register

- is this gem on the list yet?
always said i would rather have an as-new GS than any new car made …. but this would do. Nicely.
Don't know - no chassis number mentioned in the ad from what I can see. Pity they advertise it as a Special when the trim is all Club.

just that all those new bits i expect took some doing, so imagined it surely would have been known of in the network …

There was a shipment of 1015cc GSpecials that came in to Brisbane in 1975. I know I bought one - OOY625. This one is totally debadged and has the series 1 centre console whereas the GSpecials had the wider console with the more vertical gear change lever. It looks more like a 1974 GS Club to me. Pity the rust in the doors hasn't been fixed yet as the paint looks new.

Cheers, Ken

There is a red 1974 Club on the Register that was advertised in SE Qld many years ago, which never resurfaced. This could be the same car. As I now live out of Brisbane I no longer hear much about who owns what.

There was a red GS sitting in a paddock at Conondale years ago, with a CX nearby. These could be both still there!
I can find out if anyone is interested.

Added another GS Club sedan from NSW today, and updated a few registration plates (now on historic/ special interest). I know there are a couple of cars that have changed ownership, but I have to check new owners so haven’t updated these. I don’t seem to be able to fully edit photos on the iPad so the newer photo I have for one car will be updated later.

I've never been able to find out what happened to mine.
It was a 1974 GS 1220 Club.
I bought it from a Holden dealer down around Cheltenham or Mentone in 1978. It was red and needed a new diff. It had belonged to a doctor. I bought a diff from a dealer in Kuala Lumpur and New Deal Motors in Dandenong put it in for me.
I did it up and modified it a bit and sold it in the mid '80s to a guy from down Bairnsdale way.
Apart from the addition of the later model tail-lights and boot lid trim, it had narrower rally bucket seats, a CX centre console with handbrake lever, power windows and cruise control, and a reupholstered back seat from a station wagon which allowed it to be folded down for a bigger load area.
I thought I'd try asking about my old GS again, just in case someone remembers it, 11 years after I first posted this. And 40 years since I sold the car.

GS.jpg