Updating the Australian GS/A Register

Bruce H

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Help is needed to correct and add details to the Register, housed at www.citroenclubqld.org. The Register is now at http://australiancitroengsgsaandbirotor.weebly.com/
If you know a car has changed owners, been deregistered or scrapped, or know of another car that has come to light or been registered, could you please post a reply here or pm me.
I am happy to publish entries without the owner's name if that is preferred, but a registration number and the chassis number/VIN are the obvious required identifiers.
As previously, there may be a delay between information being received and the website being reworked.
Thanks for your assistance.
Bruce

ps I've found pics on the web of several GSs that seem to still be in use in NSW, including a couple of blue ones with recent NSW plates (the Canberra cars?) for which I never had details other than what can be gleaned from the photos. I appreciate that some people like their privacy, or see no need for the Register, but I realise they may also not know of its existence.

pps The Register is sadly lacking in GSA entries - I know I've seen at least 3 other GSA's in Australia decades ago (Red in Victoria; Regatta blue in Qld; Red in SA). Any more info would be gladly added.

Last edited:
My beautiful ex

Bruce, I just spotted my lovely old car on the list HFT189. I am overwhelmed, and hope that it is still in one piece. On the QLD register. WOW!!!

I tried scanning a pic of the car as per Donats request, but my scanner is hopeless and you need a degree to make it work. I honestly thought that the car had left the earth and was back with more Citroen.

It has great memories and I would love to let the previous owner know that it is still alive.

I will try to get the pics scanned and put up from the 97 or so. I was a dimwit for selling that car.

Chris M

VB4444 GS estate

Bruce,

I notice this car is not on the ls, and one of the nicests GS estates I have seen.

Currently on Car Sales for $8900, and a good but considering condition. In fact I saw it recently parked in the street at Avalon, and it still looks great.

Definitely worth monitoring the progess and whereabouts of.

Chris M

Hi Chris
Please don't get too excited about HFT - I've fielded a couple of enquiries from past owners only to discover later that the vehicles no longer exist. As far as I know, AJ sold cars when he went o/s - he posted recently to aussiefrogs so you might ask him if he knows its fate.
This is one of the reasons I'm trying to do the update - so people know if their old car is still around.

As for the beige 74 wagon, it's never made it onto the list because I've never seen the chassis number advertised, and have never been lucky enough to see the car myself. It might just be my day job in information management getting to me, but the Register gets messy to deal with when you start to get too many cars with too many missing details. Number plates change too easily for them to be a lot of use in truly identifying a car, something I learnt when I first started the CX Register and had people asking me about numbers of Prestiges and wagons - I still don't know if some of the cars I saw advertised in the 90s are ones that have since been identified with a different number plate (how many Gris Espadon Prestiges are there really out there in Aus, and how many of those greeny blue wagons?) You may have noticed that, from memory we have cases on both Registers, the year model a car is known by doesn't always tally with the VINs around it, so even an ad stating a year isn't always much help.

If anyone can give me a chassis number and colour code for VB I'd be more than happy to list it.
Cheers
Bruce

I was a dimwit for selling that car.

Grab another GS while they're still around. Seldom few drivable ones change hands these days. Forget about the D - get the car that's twice a 2cv under the bonnet and looks like a baby CX. :D

Grab another GS while they're still around. Seldom few drivable ones change hands these days. Forget about the D - get the car that's twice a 2cv under the bonnet and looks like a baby CX. :D

I look at them a little differently- nearly the economy of a 2CV with the ability of a D. My brother (who isn't a Citroeniste) has commented that my CX looks like a GS with a glandular problem. :roflmao:

I would love another GS. I would swoon for a wagon, but there are only a small child's handfull here in the US, and they do not trade often. A GS was the one car I had hoped would be at Area 52. :cry:

Gs

Jeez that sounds grim Bruce, and has metal recycler written all over it ......."we remove old cars for free..."

If that car is still in tact, I would happily buy it, bring it back to Sydney, and give it what it needs.

If anyone knows it if it still exists or AJs current details, please let me know. I sent an email last night to the address on the register.

It would be a great loss because that is one of the nicest GS colour schemes around, and it would come up looking sensational if it exists.

Chris

The GS/A register is still missing the photos - and it is my fault !
I will get around to add the photos when available in the same way as in case of the CX Database. That's my new year's resolution.

A few more details of one car have been gained, but mainly a deafening silence...............

Anyone know of any more GSs current whereabouts?

Thanks in anticipation.

Does anyone know if Stephane Laguna still has a whole heap of GSs?

I don't see my '74 Club manual that GB now owns in the list. My Convertisseur that I sold to Graham has been scrapped, same goes the blue Pallas I also sold to him. :blackeye:

gs pallas

hi bruce do you have the details of the one i am restoring

purchased 6th may 2010
i am believed to be the 3 rd owner - stored 8 years in barn ( barn find)
last registered in QLD 2004 15 01 2004 registered QLD 491 EVH 1
citroen GS pallas
MY 1978
vin GXGB59GB7120 - australian delivery
engine G126120647072949
metallic dark grey have to check the exact colour in the chart

loving the journey

thanks
regards

Last edited:
Donat, I asked Stef if he could email me some details when I saw him at the last club event. His 1015 is a later one, from memory, and possibly destined not to stay together.
I've seen the other car you refer to when Graham had it, but I no longer have its details.
I've lost the details of Hemi Metal's GS, and haven't got the details of the orange wagon ( that Graham now has ?)
Lamoor, thanks for the info, it's another that wasn't 't there.

Kimmo, would it be easier to shuffle / add vehicles before or after you've loaded photos?

Thanks all

Yes, Graham has Murray Paas/Hemi's old wagon and has a Convertisseur sedan (not on this list). He's often jet-setting around, so Graham if you're reading this, cough up the digits! :wink2:

Does anyone know if the pink 77/78 Pallas is still around...?

Code:
She upgraded ? to Xantia
which then fairly promptly caught fire so she might be back to using the GS.

On behalf of the GS community, thanks for all the time and effort, Kimmo.:crazy::crazy:

Right, I've got the following:

12/74 Convertisseur Sedan GB1293 - believed previously owned by a Maths lecturer at USQ?
12/74 Manual Break GC2311 - previously owned by Hemi, Oliver Paas prior to that.

Photos later