Updating the Australian GS/A Register

Another minor update, with a 1015, a Pallas, and a GXGC wagon added, a couple of photos updated, a couple of owners updated.
I know there are still a couple more owners' details that need updating.

As before, I've still got only partial details on several vehicles so they haven't been added - in most cases I'm missing the chassis number. If you know of any to be added please send or add details.
Cheers

A new link for the latest developments to the electric GS, a couple of updates to names or places, and the Shannons Pallas added.

Another minor update.
An orange GS Club seen in the car park at the last Tri-club day in Queensland.
A red GSA - photo found, and details taken from VicRoads.
A couple of engine numbers added, and a couple of names updated.

As always, we all know there are more out there. Some states' online registration checkers will give me the chassis number if a photo shows the number plate, others won't, so the more details anyone can send me the better. Thanks.

Yet another update, adding or updating some owners' names. No extra vehicles added, though we all know they are out there :wink2: I still have photos of vehicles advertised in various states in recent years but can't add them to the register due to missing details, particularly chassis numbers. Similarly, I know there are several owners working to get their GS's back on the road - when you do so could you please send me new number plate details.

If you've bought any of the GS/A's for sale in Victoria recently, I'd like to add them to the database. I have numerous photos for the red GS Pallas recently sold (found over the years it's been for sale in different places), but have never been able to see the chassis number. Has the silver Shannon's GS Pallas been re-registered? I don't have a current number plate for the beige GSA, but have seen photos suggesting it has successfully been returned to the road (on club plates?). From what I can work out, the Victorian registration website doesn't show club registered vehicles.

If you bought the wagon in Ipswich from eBay, or the early Pallas from Bundaberg (David?), I'd similarly like to add them to the website.

If you buy the modified 1974 GS Club for sale in NSW, please send me an update.

Some of the cars for which I have incomplete details (I assume the two photos of a blue GS wearing GSA bumpers and hubcaps could be the same vehicle many years apart?):
2012-09-30 10.18.09.jpg2012-09-30 20.15.21.jpg2012-05-09 17.14.27.jpg2012-11-01 14.48.57.jpg2012-11-11 19.58.04.jpg2013-03-09 10.26.07.jpg2013-04-23 21.29.11.jpg2012-09-30 20.13.00.jpg20160113_073855000_iOS.jpgGXGB Pallas On gumtree Helidon $500.jpgREF835 72 GS  0612053222.JPGZAM99 rear from eBay Nov 14.jpg

Don't know, Andrew. The front shot looks like a glass pop-up sunroof, but I can't determine exactly what sort of sunroof is in the rear shot (some that looked like this are the normal sliding vinyl type, others are a cassette-type unit that may have had a glass tilt/ slide).

Well done Bruce and amazing that there are quite a dew still out there. I have had no leads on my 74 wagon so assume it is dead in delta blue. They are such an understated gem of a car. Chris mortimer

Update with Dave Rogers' GSA in Melbourne added (though more details would be appreciated).

In helping to create the CCCQ Cit-in page it seems I wiped the background and layout for the Register pages, so it now has an all-new theme/ background, though I'd still like to tweak it further.

So far only one car added - thanks Casey for sending details of the red Pallas.

Just discovered mine was originally Bleu Camargue Bruce, bit showing through paintjob on roof!

One Pallas year and current owner updated, thanks Ian.

Last edited:
Just discovered mine was originally Bleu Camargue Bruce, bit showing through paintjob on roof!
What's your paint code disc say?
According to Gazoline #39, your chassis number is a 1975, and the only non-metallic blue available that year was AC643 blue petrel.

Bruce - this South African GS belonged to the late George Hamada (melbourne) and was crushed in 2017.

I initially thought the Sth African version had a different steering wheel (mainly the spoke) but discovered it was actually encased in vinyl.

Attachments

• IMG_2843[1].jpg
    IMG_2843[1].jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_2832[1].jpg
    IMG_2832[1].jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2856[1].jpg
    IMG_2856[1].jpg
    100 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Bruce - this South African GS belonged to the late George Hamada (melbourne) and was crushed in 2017.

I initially thought the Sth African version had a different steering wheel but discovered it was actually encased in vinyl.

Thanks Sparkey, I notice this one being earlier than mine is made by Citroen South Africa (mine's a Peugeot and Citroen South Africa plate). It would have been interesting to know if it had the South African glass and vinyl, and chrome bumpers that later South African ones I've seen have had.

I'm away from the computer where my coding files are saved for a month now, so it will be a while before I add this one.

The latest updated info actually came through the website, rather than via aussiefrogs. This is a first, but I'm hoping that eventually a few more cars either get updated or come to light this way.

oh well its still blue petrol then Bruce! no disc anymore.

Hi Guys,

I can provide a copy of the Citco sales register for NSW. It's not 100% complete, but it will give you information from the chassis number the date it was sold, and the price paid, and who it was sold to.

It doesn't include much after 1974, but its better than nothing?

Maxim Motors sales register was thrown out when the showroom changed hands several years ago. Not sure what happened to Duttons register?

Best regards,

Greg

Bruce - another GS (from Phillip Island) that I managed to grab a couple of bits off before going to the crusher Dec. '17. The car was owned by Bernie Rachelle and sat in the yard after completing a Cape York raid. Bernie reckons the GS is the best raid car.

There wasn't much to go off in terms of VIN etc but here it is (another beautifully designed package bites the dust):

Attachments

• IMG_3002[1].jpg
    IMG_3002[1].jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_3003[1].jpg
    IMG_3003[1].jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_3004[1].jpg
    IMG_3004[1].jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_E3201[1].jpg
    IMG_E3201[1].jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 234
Thanks Michael
I can read a 14GB number on the compliance plate so I'll use that for the register when I get home in January.
Certainly not a lot of that one that hasn't gone to rust.
Regards
Bruce

Hi Greg
Thanks, the info would be welcome, though I'm beginning to think that hardly any of them will still be around:) Would you be able to scan it, or are we talking a hard copy?
Regards
Bruce.