Those weird old citroens

Or, are they the ones at the front of the cam extension, behind the pulley.
That's a bit easier to get to.

Do they measure:
20.5 x 27 x 0.5 and 20.5 x 27 x 0.8

If so, they are :
D 231-93 and D 231-93a for adjusting pulley tracking.

17070226343913626941494790932482.jpg

The funny bit is ... They have never been on an ID19 I've pulled apart before. I'm guessing this one has never had the motor/box split in its lifetime

Usually when we pull a box off, we take the pulley off, but don't remove the cam extension, so we would never see these shims. They just sit there against the bearing, out of sight.
It's only if we pull the cam extension off that we find them.

Usually when we pull a box off, we take the pulley off, but don't remove the cam extension, so we would never see these shims. They just sit there against the bearing, out of sight.
It's only if we pull the cam extension off that we find them.
I never removed the cam extension ..... weird :)

You might have tipped the box on its nose, and not noticed them falling out.

No, look at the parts drawing I posted.
The washers go in from the front, before you put the pulley on.
They should slide in through the bearing retainer, which is screwed into the housing.

No, look at the parts drawing I posted.
The washers go in from the front, before you put the pulley on.
They should slide in through the bearing retainer, which is screwed into the housing.
Oh, they fit through the bearing retainer. Ok, now it makes sense. I had no idea how/where they had come from given that diagram showed them buried inside the extension.

Does anyone know where to buy 5litres bottles of brake fluid these days? .... or know of cheap brake fluid on clearance anywhere .... :) Its not the cheapest of stuff to buy in bulk!

Does anyone know where to buy 5litres bottles of brake fluid these days? .... or know of cheap brake fluid on clearance anywhere .... :) Its not the cheapest of stuff to buy in bulk!
Sparesbox is pretty good. This is their EBay listing for Bendix Dot 4, 4L for $38 with free post.
If you jump on their website most of their items are free post on there as well.
I've bought a fair bit of stuff off them, cheap as, and quick delivery.

PS, I see you found the EBay listing I was going to attach.

Sparesbox is pretty good. This is their EBay listing for Bendix Dot 4, 4L for $38 with free post.
If you jump on their website most of their items are free post on there as well.
I've bought a fair bit of stuff off them, cheap as, and quick delivery.

PS, I see you found the EBay listing I was going to attach.
cheapest brake fluid I have ever seen. I've grabbed a couple of bottles. I probably should get another and flush it..... I'll flush the tank with metho before I fill it. Given the snail paced progress ...... we are talking weeks and weeks away :clown:

cheapest brake fluid I have ever seen. I've grabbed a couple of bottles. I probably should get another and flush it..... I'll flush the tank with metho before I fill it. Given the snail paced progress ...... we are talking weeks and weeks away :clown:
They are based in Vic so you'll get it pretty quick.
Last thing I bought off them was the spark plugs for the F100 a couple of of weeks ago (they aren't a common plug), 1/2 the price of anyone else with free delivery.🤷‍♂️

Supercheap also do a 5L Gulf Western Dot 4 for $59, but it looks like you have to to order it in.

20240224_202104.jpg

20240224_202109.jpg

20240224_202114.jpg

I gotta say, I approve of that simple green heavy duty I ordered in.... magical stuff in the ultrasonic cleaner.

20240225_110059.jpg

This time I tried to verify everything as I re-assembled. Would you believe the accelerator pumps leak ... pour petrol everywhere (I bet they do on all the cars, and I've never noticed). I tried sealing it with aviation gasket stuff as its fuel proof. it stopped maybe 80% of the leaks... but the diaphragms were just to far gone.

20240225_110122.jpg

four accelerator pump attempt later, this one leaks a tiny amount after being sealed up with gasket maker. There is actually two different types of accelerator pump. the earlier one seems better.

20240225_110137.jpg

Then I noticed the petrol also pours out around the base of the squirter around the plate and screw. More investigation found a missing seal under it. It still leaked a LOT with a seal fitted, so I fitted it with aviation sealant .... and its now dry.

20240225_111718.jpg

this stuff takes forever when you end up doing everything five times over :clown:

I will order in a rebuild kit (or 3) for the cars, but for now in theory this one should work fine.

Oh FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER !!!

I also managed ot pull the center jet out of the carby throat without smashing it off. I pulled the tower out and clamped it in a vice, then gently tried unscrewing the jet ... and it moved :dance: :dance:

This is a first :dance:

Attachments

• 20240225_110131.jpg
    20240225_110131.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240225_110127.jpg
    20240225_110127.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 28
Does anyone know if you can buy just the accelerator pump diaphragm for the Solex 34 PCIB carby? That is one expensive carby kit .... and I probably need three of them :clown:

edit: this looks the same. I bet it will be once postage charge if I buy 3 of them :unsure:

Last edited: