The Red 205 Si

matara

Tadpole
Are you trying to get the radio out? If so you just need some sliders to go in the slits either side, so they disengage the clips. I think I have a set from an aftermarket Kenwood I can send you if you want to try them.

Jared

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Are you trying to get the radio out? If so you just need some sliders to go in the slits either side, so they disengage the clips. I think I have a set from an aftermarket Kenwood I can send you if you want to try them.
Yep just trying to get it out. A mate has apparently got a set of various key type slide things so will give that a shot hopefully one works. Cheers for the offer

Jared

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
So guess what? I called Reagan’s and they were able to give me the 4-digit code over the phone by matching the VIN

It worked in as much as it was the right code to unlock the radio. Although the radio doesn’t work so looks like I need to pull it out anyway!

Matthew

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I will have a working original stereo with code fully working if your interested, fitting a retro bluetooth capable unit.

Jared

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
I will have a working original stereo with code fully working if your interested, fitting a retro bluetooth capable unit.
Thanks Matt, I’ll still need to get this one out but once I do and assuming it can’t be saved I’ll let you know

Jared

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Quick question regarding fuel filters - I bought a “wz400” cooper filter as the spec said it was compatible with the one on the si. I didn’t really pay too much attention to what was already there but once I had a look it’s obvious this one has a different fitting and is also slight larger. Do I bother getting some fittings to make it work and will the fact it’s larger be an issue or should I stop mucking about and get a proper replacement (ryco z400?)

Attachments

• A0583676-67A4-4B5B-A317-7BF77AD1A651.jpeg
    A0583676-67A4-4B5B-A317-7BF77AD1A651.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 8

1pugnut

Fellow Frogger
Quick question regarding fuel filters - I bought a “wz400” cooper filter as the spec said it was compatible with the one on the si. I didn’t really pay too much attention to what was already there but once I had a look it’s obvious this one has a different fitting and is also slight larger. Do I bother getting some fittings to make it work and will the fact it’s larger be an issue or should I stop mucking about and get a proper replacement (ryco z400?)

Just get the right one keep it original, the one you have looks like it’s for a GTI.

Jared

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
So can anyone tell me what the part number/brand for a replacement one is - whenever I search it still comes up with that wz400?

schlitzaugen

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger

Jared

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Here's a Purflux version:

I don't think it is vital to have one or the other as long as it is of good quality and has similar or better flow.

Here's an original one just off the engine:

Ah right. The reason I ask is that the one that’s in there now doesn’t look like that, it just has 8mm barbs on each end

Attachments

• 540C59E9-4E37-4B87-BBB1-8D52F08B7E1A.jpeg
    540C59E9-4E37-4B87-BBB1-8D52F08B7E1A.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 10