The Red 205 Si

Are you trying to get the radio out? If so you just need some sliders to go in the slits either side, so they disengage the clips. I think I have a set from an aftermarket Kenwood I can send you if you want to try them.

Are you trying to get the radio out? If so you just need some sliders to go in the slits either side, so they disengage the clips. I think I have a set from an aftermarket Kenwood I can send you if you want to try them.
Yep just trying to get it out. A mate has apparently got a set of various key type slide things so will give that a shot hopefully one works. Cheers for the offer

So guess what? I called Reagan’s and they were able to give me the 4-digit code over the phone by matching the VIN

It worked in as much as it was the right code to unlock the radio. Although the radio doesn’t work so looks like I need to pull it out anyway!

I will have a working original stereo with code fully working if your interested, fitting a retro bluetooth capable unit.

I will have a working original stereo with code fully working if your interested, fitting a retro bluetooth capable unit.
Thanks Matt, I’ll still need to get this one out but once I do and assuming it can’t be saved I’ll let you know

Quick question regarding fuel filters - I bought a “wz400” cooper filter as the spec said it was compatible with the one on the si. I didn’t really pay too much attention to what was already there but once I had a look it’s obvious this one has a different fitting and is also slight larger. Do I bother getting some fittings to make it work and will the fact it’s larger be an issue or should I stop mucking about and get a proper replacement (ryco z400?)

Attachments

• A0583676-67A4-4B5B-A317-7BF77AD1A651.jpeg
    A0583676-67A4-4B5B-A317-7BF77AD1A651.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 116
Quick question regarding fuel filters - I bought a “wz400” cooper filter as the spec said it was compatible with the one on the si. I didn’t really pay too much attention to what was already there but once I had a look it’s obvious this one has a different fitting and is also slight larger. Do I bother getting some fittings to make it work and will the fact it’s larger be an issue or should I stop mucking about and get a proper replacement (ryco z400?)

Just get the right one keep it original, the one you have looks like it’s for a GTI.

So can anyone tell me what the part number/brand for a replacement one is - whenever I search it still comes up with that wz400?

Here's a Purflux version:

I don't think it is vital to have one or the other as long as it is of good quality and has similar or better flow.

Here's an original one just off the engine:

Ah right. The reason I ask is that the one that’s in there now doesn’t look like that, it just has 8mm barbs on each end

Attachments

• 540C59E9-4E37-4B87-BBB1-8D52F08B7E1A.jpeg
    540C59E9-4E37-4B87-BBB1-8D52F08B7E1A.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 130
Does anyone have experience with this model radio? It lights up and when I turn the volume up there’s a tiny bit of static coming through the speakers but not much else.

I know you need some little tabs to push in either side to pull it out but are they reasonably generic or do you need a specific pair?
@Jared
This is the steel bar I made to extract the Eurovox in a 1997 306 which also has the same vertical slots. Photo shows how the antitheft cage (which will stay in the console) engages the spring tab. Your goal with the steel bar is to push the springy clip (red+blue arrows) inwards towards the radio frame. Second photo is radio extracted from cage.
Third photo is of the tool another frogger posted on this forum of what came with his 205. I made something similar but I could not get it to extract the radio.

306_Eurovox_withAntiTheftCageInPlace.jpg

306_Eurovox_RetainerClip.jpg

eurovox_tool.jpg

@Jared
This is the steel bar I made to extract the Eurovox in a 1997 306 which also has the same vertical slots. Photo shows how the antitheft cage (which will stay in the console) engages the spring tab. Your goal with the steel bar is to push the springy clip (red+blue arrows) inwards towards the radio frame. Second photo is radio extracted from cage.
Third photo is of the tool another frogger posted on this forum of what came with his 205. I made something similar but I could not get it to extract the radio.

View attachment 206941

View attachment 206942

View attachment 206943
Cheers, I’ve been stuffing around with a couple of other keys I had laying around but haven’t managed to get it yet

Sydney Tools sell a kit that has the necessary removal keys.
See: https://sydneytools.com.au/product/...MI4-HepKve-AIVfphmAh29QgFXEAQYASABEgI7e_D_BwE

I had looked at this and it didn't have the right tool for the Eurovox fitted in a Aus 205 and 306, but the the No4 tool might just work.
Also the P12 tool has a protusion that won't fit in the slot, but possibly could work if flattened in a vice, or hammer.

It does though have the correct U hook tool to remove Eurovox radio/cd in a 2000/2001 306Xsi with 4 holes in its fascia.
The 2x Din Radio Removal U Hooks (Alfa, Fiat, Ford, PSA, Renault, VW- Audi, Blaupunkt, Grundig VDO)

Does anyone have experience with this model radio?

I know you need some little tabs to push in either side to pull it out but are they reasonably generic or do you need a specific pair?
So back to the original question, yes there is a specific removal tool :D
I just contacted the people that took over the Eurovox franchise about the Eurovox 6530 and 6630 and they have the removal keys for $16.50 including postage. @Jared, I'm eagerly anticipating your findings on how well they work for you. ;)

Go Technologies Pty Ltd
55 Rocco Drive
Scoresby 3179
Victoria
Phone: 03 9237-0800
email: info@go-tech.com.au

On the subject of rear suspension I’ve noticed that when driving off a speed bump the rear sounds like it’s bottoming out? Is this a sign the rear dampers are gone or something else?