The Red 205 Si

Hopefully the dampers, most likely just a classic case of a seized rear beam. And if it's the beam, its best fixing it sooner rather than later as the corrosion can permanently damage the tube if the bearing race has sat in there too long and corrosion set in.

Hopefully the dampers, most likely just a classic case of a seized rear beam. And if it's the beam, its best fixing it sooner rather than later as the corrosion can permanently damage the tube if the bearing race has sat in there too long and corrosion set in.
Ah ok I can see where this is heading. I had put rear beam rebuild on the to do list and found a rebuild kit on Pug1off. Looks like I’d best get it done soon

In terms of damper replacement I’m assuming it’s the best to just replace what Peugeot had put there originally like for like but where would I source these? I tried EAI and they didn’t have stock - or is there a bilsteing or koni equivalent?

You used to be able to pick up genuine GTI6 dampers from Peugeot dealerships about 5 years ago but I’m not sure if they do anymore. Brisbane dealerships won’t even bother looking unless you have a VIN.

I think a lot of people use Bilstein B4 306 variety as the 205 ones we’re originally very soft.

The original made in Yugoslavia AP rears on the Si were great, can't kill them. Don't use Bilstein B4s, way too soft Lips are just as bad.

On the subject of rear suspension I’ve noticed that when driving off a speed bump the rear sounds like it’s bottoming out? Is this a sign the rear dampers are gone or something else?
what Flock and G said
if your rear shocks are originals its very unlikely there is anything wrong with them
its easy to check - swing under there, remove your spare wheel basket and have a good look
the originals are small and black
Bilstein or Koni's are fancy colours with stickers and easy to pick
haven't tried Bilstein but the Koni's are awful (on the road at least)
also, most of the beam refurb kits are good, suggest get the full kit with seals, bearings, half shafts (haven't seen the pug1off version though)
the hardest part is finding a press to push out the old halfshafts and in the newbies
the beams here have almost no corrosion which makes it much more approachable

Does anyone know how the Jack is supposed to fit back into the cover. It was all apart when I got the car and I feel like I’ve tried every combo but I can’t get the Jack to sit low enough in the case to fit the cover back on. Not hugely important I guess 🤔

Attachments

• 29BB0DD8-4FB0-4191-B3F6-3A69933AECD8.jpeg
    29BB0DD8-4FB0-4191-B3F6-3A69933AECD8.jpeg
    492 KB · Views: 132
how you've pictured it is right
that's just how it is - the plastic container doesn't fit the end in very well
one of the quirks..

how you've pictured it is right
that's just how it is - the plastic container doesn't fit the end in very well
one of the quirks..
Ah I thought so. Thanks for that I can now rest easy!

Hi all, I finally pulled out my fuel sender to see if I could get it working. Didn’t really seem like much could be done apart from giving it a clean and plugging it back in. Still nothing. Can it be pulled apart or better to replace if I can get one? Also, I’m a bit useless with electrics but should I check the supply to the unit?

Attachments

• 0E13BB40-A51A-4D9F-89D0-54718532B3CB.jpeg
    0E13BB40-A51A-4D9F-89D0-54718532B3CB.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 101