The 308 GTi 270 - keeping a record here

what spec and model are the rims? look fantastic
Thanks! They are Koya sf05. Basically a copy of some enkie rims but I had them custom made to fit the 308.

They are 18" and ET32, they clear the big alcons easily. They do push the wheels out 10mm so tyres have to be 235/40/18 to clear the rear guards.

They are not the greatest wheels as they are not that light but there's not many choices.

I'm getting the factory rims refinished and re cut to clean up the tiny kerbing from the original owner. They'll stay off the car until I decide to sell it so they stay perfect!

Thanks! They are Koya sf05. Basically a copy of some enkie rims but I had them custom made to fit the 308.

They are 18" and ET32, they clear the big alcons easily. They do push the wheels out 10mm so tyres have to be 235/40/18 to clear the rear guards.

They are not the greatest wheels as they are not that light but there's not many choices.

I'm getting the factory rims refinished and re cut to clean up the tiny kerbing from the original owner. They'll stay off the car until I decide to sell it so they stay perfect!
Have you chosen someone to fix the factory rims?

Id imagine the overall weight of 18" with rubber is lower than the factory 19s so you're ahead anyway

While I'm here I should add some updates. Last month the car got its usual service plus a few extras. HEL braided brake lines, new pads and machined rotors plus a brake fluid flush and some uprated fluid put in. The car is driving very well with all the little tweaks. Still can't decide about the exhaust, I like it's quiet nature but sometimes I'd love a little more induction noise and a bit life from the pipes!

Going to ditch the Michelin ps5's too. Just not feeling great. Wet performance is good but in the dry they just lack that real keyed in feel. I think it's by design so they feel benign at the limit but it makes for a slightly slow feeling response.

What tyre will you go for?
Either some conti sport contact 7 or some Bridgestone Potenza sports. Not 100% sure yet. Will be somewhat dictated by the casing/sidewall shape as if they're too square they'll foul the rear guard on full compression

I found a way to reduce tyre wear but broke the aftermarket plate LSD in the process. Luckily it didn’t break the previous event at Bathurst.

Attachments

• IMG_7770 (2).jpeg
    IMG_7770 (2).jpeg
    637.4 KB · Views: 70
I found a way to reduce tyre wear but broke the aftermarket plate LSD in the process. Luckily it didn’t break the previous event at Bathurst.
At least you got a great photo 😁

How's the engine holding up?

I was going to go with CNC wheels in Lansvale. They seem to have a good rep and the right equipment to do it correctly.
That's who I got to do mine. 2x wheels kerbed by previous owner. Rim lip has been machined ever so slightly differently from standard, but I'm being picky. Finish is excellent.

can you tell me the exact specs of the rims? 5x108 et32, jot? what rims? did you wear any rings?

Yes, obd peaking over 100, but it may be looking at a different sensor.

Yes, obd peaking over 100, but it may be looking at a different sensor.
Do you have any other temps being monitored? Intake, oil etc? I find the lack of real gauges a little concerning considering the boost going through the engine.

can you tell me the exact specs of the rims? 5x108 et32, jot? what rims? did you wear any rings?
No centering rings or spacers. Had the wheels custom drilled and centre bore done by rolling stock in Sydney and Koya wheels SF05. They are 18x8, 5x108 and I believe the centre bore is 65.1mm.
ET32. Original factory rims are et42.

Having owned both, I’d DEFINITELY go the ContiSport 7s. Grip is insane. Better than PS4S also. The Bridgestone Potenza (which I’ve had on two cars) do sit wider on the rim and have quite an ugly sidewall (if that matters to you).

Interesting re Koya weight. I’ve always found them to be significantly lighter than OEM rims (even in larger / wider sized rims).

Re a bit more exhaust weight, I did a centre res delete on one of ours, just a little more noise, but no drone. Highly recommended. Cheapest way to get a little more volume.

Having owned both, I’d DEFINITELY go the ContiSport 7s. Grip is insane. Better than PS4S also. The Bridgestone Potenza (which I’ve had on two cars) do sit wider on the rim and have quite an ugly sidewall (if that matters to you).

Interesting re Koya weight. I’ve always found them to be significantly lighter than OEM rims (even in larger / wider sized rims).

Re a bit more exhaust weight, I did a centre res delete on one of ours, just a little more noise, but no drone. Highly recommended. Cheapest way to get a little more volume.
Excellent info, thanks. Conti it is then... I don't want a wide fitting tyre so that's good to know.