Surviving 203s in Australia?

I should have started one earlier on but I did think the club in Victoria was keeping the register. Car people can be territorial. But I'm not the person to do it now because I'm not a clubman and after this site goes I won't be online anywhere. Gordon did more than compile a register, he promoted the cars and ran a newsletter and organized annual weekends away. Gordon and the 40th Anniversary and the Redex Re-Run were all very important in raising the profile of the 203. I do think a register helps the survival of a model and it would be good if someone revived the idea.
I got a dump of Gordons 'carman DB' files from a family member and will see if I can find the 203 list. I think the only criteria we would have at this point in time is that if someone is prepared to do the work they could be the 203 register owner, membership of one of the state clubs is not a requirement although everyone should be a member of the Peugeot Club of Victoria, particularly while I'm the treasurer.

I got a dump of Gordons 'carman DB' files from a family member and will see if I can find the 203 list. I think the only criteria we would have at this point in time is that if someone is prepared to do the work they could be the 203 register owner, membership of one of the state clubs is not a requirement although everyone should be a member of the Peugeot Club of Victoria, particularly while I'm the treasurer.
Glad to hear you've received Gordons' 03 Register material. Hopefully you will glean a stack of info out of it.
I'd made enquiries back in Sep. 2017 and Paul Watson was kind enough to send me a screen shot of part of the front page of the '99 Register, but that's as far as it went at the time.
After much digging around through my old o3 'register' paperwork I've managed to come up with a few snippets relating to his record of car numbers, ('89- '98), and other related material which might be of some interest to the o3 fraternity..........

Glad to hear you've received Gordons' 03 Register material. Hopefully you will glean a stack of info out of it.
I'd made enquiries back in Sep. 2017 and Paul Watson was kind enough to send me a screen shot of part of the front page of the '99 Register, but that's as far as it went at the time.
After much digging around through my old o3 'register' paperwork I've managed to come up with a few snippets relating to his record of car numbers, ('89- '98), and other related material which might be of some interest to the o3 fraternity..........
All is not lost! The 1989 o3 list. I'd imagine there would be quite a few of these floating around in o3 owners draws. It's a pity that the info given from many owners on the sheet was incomplete, in terms of either incorrect body 1.  1989. The first Register sheet, as posted out to members..JPG1a. 1989. Register Heading. 178 cars..JPG1b. 1989. Register Data Report..JPG1b. 1989. Register Data Report..JPG number or no numbers whatsoever, up to 90 cars out of 178 on the first sheet, and similar on the 1990 sheet.

Last edited:
All is not lost! The 1989 o3 list. I'd imagine there would be quite a few of these floating around in o3 owners draws. It's a pity that the info given from many owners on the sheet was incomplete, in terms of either incorrect bodyView attachment 137232View attachment 137233View attachment 137234View attachment 137234 number or no numbers whatsoever, up to 90 cars out of 178 on the first sheet, and similar on the 1990 sheet.
The 1990 o3 list. A couple of interesting entries from that list.2. 1990.  Register Heading.  221 cars..JPG3. An entry from the 1990 list. Flash Flanagans 203 collection..JPG4. Another entry from the 1990 list.  A close 2nd, the Oaky's 203 collection..JPG

For the year 1999, all I can produce is a couple of partial screen shots from 2 pages that Paul Watson kindly sent to me back in 2017. I'd imagine this 1999 issue was printed off in full and sent out to members.
The second image is very descriptive in details of the cars; year, body type, engine number in the car, car body number, when compared to the first 2 issues of '89 and'90. Note the '111' body number of the '50 sedan. All were from the one 'custodian',,,,,,,,,,,,,, 5.  Last known Register  print off. May '99..JPG6. May '99 first page excerpt..jpg

Last edited:
Prescient - yet here we are.
windmill copy.png

GRM getting back to a reconnoiter he'd been doing when a madman had flagged him down by running WAVING and YELLING all the way down that driveway ... had me on his mailing list thereafter ( 1989? ) so trust somewhere in that list is SY 624 ( SED, CREAM 1136124 - if i recall correctly ? ) reverse angle below
windmill barn_2.JPG

Last edited:
To finish off, wise View attachment 137249words from Gordon.
As I thought, the Register is run within the legal structure of the PCCV. It was not within the power of others to run a parallel register. Gordon was fastidious with legal matters, used to copyright his columns and would have the name registered. It appears there was nothing put in place to continue to run the Register after Gordon.

The PCCV is very much run by individuals and I've found them difficult to deal with. I often wrote for their magazine and had a good relationship with their old editor but that didn't continue. I couldn't even get a correction published for a piece of rubbish published about the pre-war Sydney dealer. Spent a lot of time on that correction, even contacted the historical society in the district involved, thorough historical research if I say so myself and to not get it published spoke eloquently about the attitude of the club to my work. So I keep my distance from that body now.
To give up or transfer ownership of the 03 register it would have to go through their committee and probably be approved by a meeting. I'll be long gone from the online world before anything happens.
Anyway I'm busy now but hope to be back before the site close.

Last edited:
As I thought, the Register is run within the legal structure of the PCCV. It was not within the power of others to run a parallel register. Gordon was fastidious with legal matters, used to copyright his columns and would have the name registered. It appears there was nothing put in place to continue to run the Register after Gordon.
This was the case originally but as you say the Peugeot club does have some unhelpful members such that Gordon moved the Worm Register out of the PCCV and for the last few years ran it outside of the PCCV. Despite this Gordon still remained in contact with many of us and we did did his events etc.

The PCCV is very much run by individuals and I've found them difficult to deal with. I often wrote for their magazine and had a good relationship with their old editor but that didn't continue. I couldn't even get a correction published for a piece of rubbish published about the pre-war Sydney dealer. Spent a lot of time on that correction, even contacted the historical society in the district involved, thorough historical research if I say so myself and to not get it published spoke eloquently about the attitude of the club to my work. So I keep my distance from that body now.
To give up or transfer ownership of the 03 register it would have to go through their committee and probably be approved by a meeting. I'll be long gone from the online world before anything happens.
Anyway I'm busy now but hope to be back before the site close.
I am sorry to hear that you had these difficulties with the the club, but I know what you are saying, it has, at times been unpleasant or difficult to do anything in this club. What I can also tell you is that things really have changed for the better over the last few years and you may be pleasantly surprised if you gave us another go with articles or any other form of involvement that you may feel inclined to do.