starter battery solenoid on DS23IE.....Hotrodelectric, where are youuuuuu!!!!!!!!!

Do think given this success, that by now connecting directly to the ignition switch it would yield the same result?

Congratulations all involved, especially HRE, you're a real asset here :)

Cheers
Chris

I would think yes- All Phil's button does is mirror what should happen at the ignition switch.

Thanks, Chris :blush:

Chris,

So long as he has a good connection from the rear of the ignition switch - it will work just the same as with a remote switch. When this first happened to me years ago (around 40) it drove me nuts that I could start the car with the button. Finally dawned on me what was going on. I 'think' there may have also been, at a bit later date, an article on this very problem that was in the US Cit Car Club newsletter.

Phil,

As Bill noted the 'sparking' you see is normal. You may have noticed when you were giving the little copper petals an 'attitude' adjustment that the flat or contact portions were mildly to severely pitted. Result of years and years of arching :).

And yes - you can laugh all you want at GWB. Not sure, at this point, if anyone will pay him to speak anymore. Just about everything done by his administration has come back to haunt us in a major way.................

Steve