Spotted in Queensland

er, no ... two out of three 504s which started RFDS fundraising raid from Narrabri to Port Douglas; the absentee having 'dropped it's gearbox' somewhere ... notably, though, about a dozen Mustang (early notchbacks) would seem to have finished. Go figure.

Can out of Supercrap Auto in Jindalee last Sunday and a blue RX4 (no, not the Mazda type) was parked next to my Scenic.
Looked 'well used', like my Scenic.
Belong to anyone here?
Don't see too many Scenics parked side by side outside of a French Car enthusiasts gathering.

Had a R17 parked next to me in the car park at the Grand Display at Murarrie last Sunday.
A very well worn R17 it appeared to be too.
The paint job was something akin to Mater the towtruck from the Cars movies.
There was more surface rust than duco (been polished down to bare metal in the past maybe).
Anyone here the lucky owner of said vehicle?

The R17, was it a dark mustard colour?

Hello Alan, apart from surface rust, what paint was left on there looked like a light grey primer but yes, there could have been some mustard in there as well.

I don't know the owner's name, but he's attended this event for many many years, usually wandering around taking photos of all the marques with a fairly professional looking camera. In the brief conversations I've had with him over the years, I gather he's owned at least one Renault coupe, possibly this one, all the time. From what I recall last year when it was in the car park, some of the paint at one time had been dark metallic green.

Had a R17 parked next to me in the car park at the Grand Display at Murarrie last Sunday.
A very well worn R17 it appeared to be too.
The paint job was something akin to Mater the towtruck from the Cars movies.
There was more surface rust than duco (been polished down to bare metal in the past maybe).
Anyone here the lucky owner of said vehicle?

That would be my car. I tried to park it out of the way so it wouldn't be noticed, given its disreputable state :eek:. I would have brought the R15 along, but it is out of action at present with a carburettor problem. I was admiring your R12 on arrival!

At about 5:20am this morning I followed a 504 GLD heading inbound on Samford road. Probably the first 504 I've seen on the road in 6 months or more!

That would be my car. I tried to park it out of the way so it wouldn't be noticed, given its disreputable state :eek:. I would have brought the R15 along, but it is out of action at present with a carburettor problem. I was admiring your R12 on arrival!

Well, Grey Ghost, the 17 was still running and being driven so that can only be a good thing.
At least you don't have to worry about polishing it.
The FCD isn't a Concours d'Elégance so anything goes.

Cheers
Ren

all I can tell you is it was Mossman this morning ... i was running too late to stop but then managed to get 2 in 1
IMG_2071.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2071.jpg
    IMG_2071.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
IMG_2091.jpg
IMG_2090.jpg

Came upon this - now a local just back from Melbourne which, because 4000 km just isn't enough, came the long way - via Alice & Darwin ...

Last edited:
Spotted going southbound on Bruce hwy near Cooroy-Noosa exit at about 1-30 pm,a clean looking deep blue DS.

Forced to spot my own reflection driving through the Brisbane CBD this morning. I have had the coupe since 2003 and it's never been 'seen' on this thread. Is it that people don't recognise the coupe because it's too clean? :cry:

White 404 ute outbound Sandgate Rd Virginia yesterday morning

Brown 504 at Newmarket this morning.

Another brown one at Holland Park last week ! Pretty sure they're different shades of brown and hence different cars.