Spotted in Queensland

BX Wagon parked on Samford Road for the past few days... hope it hasn't broken down! It's in an awkward spot.

FullSizeRender.jpg
school run? severin st cairns

Rubi Rouge Grand Picasso north-bound on Townsville bypass; first i've ever seen out and about.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Last Friday in the afternoon peak on the western freeway I potted the unmistakable derrière of a Citroen DS parked in the service lane with bonnet up. The elderly gentleman driver was happy that someone stopped to help and also astonished that I knew it was a DS23. Peter was in a bit of a pickle as he had overheated in the heavy Friday traffic but wasn't in the possession of a telephone to call help.

Hope you made it home okay in the end Peter.

Last edited:
red C4 Grand Pic in Port Douglas Friday morning; i should have hung around but only had time to have a quick look after finding where it had been parked (near Surf Club) v. obviously a Diesel, Auto ... 'roskilde' alloys (inc. hubcaps, four of) cloth upholstery, no sky light (!) JCU staff car parking tag, my(stick)family and Townsville Citroen service sticker but Mark Dodge Cairns number plate surround
and under the tail gate badge a word like GOSPIN or GILPIN, maybe ...

Spotted a dark green Reno R10 today at the wine tasting café next door to Vincenzo's Big Apple. I don't think it was a factory colour though. Didn't get a photo cos I was travelling way too fast.:drivin:

Spotted a gris series 1 C5 wagon on Gympie Rd, Chermside. I only make mention of it as you just don't see them about...

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

So who was it zooming along Monier road Darra yesterday in a white (ish) Reno 12..?

That I think would be me.
Zooming, maybe not, but progressing sedately as one does in a grandpa spec R12.

Cheers
Ren

Spotted a dark green Reno R10 today at the wine tasting café next door to Vincenzo's Big Apple. I don't think it was a factory colour though. Didn't get a photo cos I was travelling way too fast.:drivin:

There was a BRG type green colour in the R10's called Tannin Green from memory. Ben Emmelkamp's R10S is probably Tannin Green I'd suspect but I know of a few of them in the club over the years.

Did ya see me in the blue beast..?

The blue beast being the Fregate?
No sorry, I don't recall seeing the Fregate, not on Sunday anyway.
I've seen it before (and a Floride) on the Sumners road carpark.
You know the section between the Centenary highway and the Dandenong road lights.

Cheers

On Saturday night we spotted a 2CV on Gympie Road, Chermside

I've spotted a brown DS in Sandgate/Brighton area

Looking forward to seeing many, many French cars at the Grand Display next weekend.

Cheers
Jason

This morning, probably 8:45 am, a tidy looking white Peugeot (I didn't get real close due to traffic), looked like a 404, rego was ***-406, Nursery Road, Holland Park, turning right to Logan Road heading south toward Mt Gravatt.

Spotted two black C5's at a Brisbane wedding on Saturday.

DSC_0611 bbb.jpg
DSC_0621 bbb.jpg

Same chap both cars new, first one, drove it for 4 years and 60 k, nil problems, sold it to his parents and bought a new one, been just as happy with that, both have the right suspension. He's not sure what he will buy next as he enjoys the dream smooth drive.

Nice spotting, it always feels good to spot a french car.

Last edited: