(***SPOILER***) Malaysian GP

renaulturbo said:
Can an old dog like Webber learn new tricks? Raikkonen is about 4-5 years the younger and both have relatively the same F1 experience...? Ok maybe his learning how to drive a fast F1 car fast...

Let's not forget only 2 weeks ago when Kimi had "brain fade" and forgot to put his car into the correct start procedure and stalled. :D

da_prancin_schu said:
Fisi first to the braking zone?!?!? Watch the replay again and Fisi created a new braking zone about 100m before the actual braking zone. Mark was nearly a car length ahead, with a better car, on the racing line. He had grip, left plenty of room, and would have easily made the corner. Fisi got sideways by being an idiot on the dirty side of the tack, hit Webber sideways half way across the track (even though he was meant to be on the inside line). He lost control.... PERIOD. There are no arguments.... it wasn't intentional, but it was reckless and his fault.

i don't agree but i will only say that this should be put to bed

Honda really have a lot of work to do - that was nothing short of a disaster, to have both engines let go a few laps into the race - and new engines at that!

Bridgestone really have to increase their performance in hot/humid conditions. Rubens tyres were in an awful condition, obviously choosing the wrong compound.

I was impressed by Toyota, moreso Trulli, that he could keep up the pace. In Melbourne, he had the pace until he ate his tyres and fell away very dramatically which I expected to occur here in Sepang also. It was a very brave effort to by Jarno after losing his friend in an aviation accident during the week.

orestes said:
lets look at it this way.... Fisi was ahead of mark going into the corner, so by all rights had the right to close the door on Mark... Mark not learning his lesson from a few laps ago insists that he can pass Fisi... net result Mark gets in the way of Fisi drifting out, and causes the accident... whether or not Fisi would have drifted off the side of the track is irrelevant... Fisi was ahead, mark got in the Way causing an accident...

Closing a door is blocking off an inside pass. Fisi was on the inside. Fisi could have legally and had the room to drift back on to the racing line before braking infront of Webber but then again he probably didnt know where Webber was exactly....Then Webber would have tried the inside......or maybe he hasnt learned that yet? :clown:

da_prancin_schu said:
Fisi first to the braking zone?!?!? Watch the replay again and Fisi created a new braking zone about 100m before the actual braking zone. Mark was nearly a car length ahead, with a better car, on the racing line. He had grip, left plenty of room, and would have easily made the corner. Fisi got sideways by being an idiot on the dirty side of the tack, hit Webber sideways half way across the track (even though he was meant to be on the inside line). He lost control.... PERIOD. There are no arguments.... it wasn't intentional, but it was reckless and his fault.

With Mark braking on the racing line, with all the grip in the world, Fisi started braking Earlier than than Mark as he was always gonna struggle on the marbles. Fact and prerequisite

At the point Fisi started braking, Fisi was INFRONT of Webber, Webber making up 3/4 of a car length in braking on the racing line. At point of impact, Webber was marginally ahead on the outside. Fact

Webber, with fresh Toyota paint, ultimately did not leave enough room for Fisi braking on the inside, on the marbles (as the accident proved). He wanted to be an annoyance to Fisi in just giving Fisi enough room, relying on Fisi to not loose 100% control of his car. He tried to give Fisi more room when contact was made but it was too late for himself. An annoyance he was, especially to himself. Fact?

In hindsight, yes Fisichella was an idiot in a car getting worse by the lap and only going backwards, for hitting Mark by his own mistake

Mark in my eyes was more the idiot, sitting in a car that was still in good nick with a strong podium potential, made sure he was taken out by someone else's mistake... :confused:

Last edited:
What was Mark supposed to do? Park it on the grass and wait for Fisi to four wheel slide out of control, up the inside and past him, then rejoin? Mate, that sort of thing has happened to me numerous times racing karts. Had the racing line, committed to the corner and some lunatic hammers it up the inside all crossed up and using ME as a braking marker. You can get away with it in karts but not in F1 with all that exposed suspension, etc. Fisi was well out of order and he got a slap on the wrist for it. :eek:

renaulturbo said:
Closing a door is blocking off an inside pass. Fisi was on the inside. Fisi could have legally and had the room to drift back on to the racing line before braking infront of Webber but then again he probably didnt know where Webber was exactly....Then Webber would have tried the inside......or maybe he hasnt learned that yet? :clown:
Were we watching the same race ?
renaulturbo said:
An annoyance he was, especially to himself. Fact?
Dunno, spoke to Mark after the race did you ?
renaulturbo said:
Mark in my eyes was more the idiot, sitting in a car that was still in good nick with a strong podium potential, made sure he was taken out by someone else's mistake... :confused:
Fizzler had a rush of blood (after loosing 3rd place) and tried a move that IF the Williams was NOT in the way would have seen him flying off into the grass (not just take a line 1-2 car widths wide - Mark gave him 3 at least!! The track is almost 15m wide at that point), IMHO not hard to tell who was the bigger idiot. You see it differently. We know which way the FIA saw it .. FACT ! :)

- xTc -

XTC206 said:
Were we watching the same race ?Dunno, spoke to Mark after the race did you ?Fizzler had a rush of blood (after loosing 3rd place) and tried a move that IF the Williams was NOT in the way would have seen him flying off into the grass (not just take a line 1-2 car widths wide - Mark gave him 3 at least!! The track is almost 15m wide at that point), IMHO not hard to tell who was the bigger idiot. You see it differently. We know which way the FIA saw it .. FACT ! :)

- xTc -

Were we watching the same race? You'd better watch it again

Underneath all of Fisichella's blame, im sure Mark would have been kicking himself. I dont think his that arrogant...

15 meters of track and your sure Fisichella would have flown into the grass? Hmmmmm Yeeeaaah

I see it differently.....at no point have i blamed Mark Webber for the incident........ :confused:

Last edited:
moosey said:
What was Mark supposed to do? Park it on the grass and wait for Fisi to four wheel slide out of control, up the inside and past him, then rejoin? Mate, that sort of thing has happened to me numerous times racing karts. Had the racing line, committed to the corner and some lunatic hammers it up the inside all crossed up and using ME as a braking marker. You can get away with it in karts but not in F1 with all that exposed suspension, etc. Fisi was well out of order and he got a slap on the wrist for it. :eek:

A bit of patience and Intelligence was lacking. You cant help when someone does slam into u from the inside but...Mark Webber lap by lap started to close in on Fisichella's Renault...lap by lap....Ralf shunts him...then suddenly the Renault is right infront of him.....Fisi's Renault must have a problem, no? Ofcourse!!! Wouldnt wanna tangle with this guy, he's got nothing to loose. A bit of patience and definately keep the risk to the minimum...Its not hard to understand. Just watch Raikkonen's pass on Massa as i said before

A bit of friendly arguing doesn't hurt. Its the only excitement left in F1... as well as the antics of some drivers. :D

BTW - I revoke my post about Fisi being the next Hakkinen from my qualifying thread - Hakkinen would never have made that stupid a move! :crazy:

da_prancin_schu said:
A bit of friendly arguing doesn't hurt. Its the only excitement left in F1... as well as the antics of some drivers. :D

BTW - I revoke my post about Fisi being the next Hakkinen from my qualifying thread - Hakkinen would never have made that stupid a move! :crazy:

Hehe

Ask Ayrton Senna if Hakkinen ever makes stupid moves or watch the Pacific Grand Prix in Aida '94.... :wink2: :cry:

Hey i agree, nothings out of line here...discussing F1 is always good, Especially when Schumi comes 7th :D

Last edited:
as much as we all pass blame about, i think most can agree Webber could've avoided it if he was a bit smarter...
Braked a bit more & passed on his inside like Raikonen did later in the race...

A driver is always more respected if he can avoid an incident & come out of it(not even on top)... at the end of the day if you get no results because of someone else's "mistakes" you're a driver with no results!

nate said:
A driver is always more respected if he can avoid an incident & come out of it(not even on top)... at the end of the day if you get no results because of someone else's "mistakes" you're a driver with no results!

Exactly. Webber does get very shirty when shunted (he must despise Ralf), he always says something about the other guy being in the wrong. Even when he's right (about the other guy being in the wrong), he's still talking to the TV guys while everyone else is racing around fighting for points.

let me throw a :spanner: in the works... what would be saying if we were italian, rather then australian...

All honesty is appreciated here

orestes said:
let me throw a :spanner: in the works... what would be saying if we were italian, rather then australian...

All honesty is appreciated here

Wasa a matter for you Marke? shutupa you face! You is estupid kangaroo! :clown:

:roflmao:
renaulturbo said:
Wasa a matter for you Marke? shutupa you face! You is estupid kangaroo! :clown:
:roflmao:

If i were Italian I would blame it on Fisi and say no more. I'd be in mourning about Ferrari and then talk about how good it is that Minardi are within 10 seconds a lap of the leaders now due to marvellous Italian engineering. Then I'd put on the spaghetti, pop open a good Chianti red, and admire my cemented palm trees. :joker:

some people just dont understand how much easier it is to maintain green cement, then it is to maintain grass :D

orestes said:
some people just dont understand how much easier it is to maintain green cement, then it is to maintain grass :D
With all the Victorian water restrictions it's gotta be a lot harder. ?

- xTc -

nate said:

Having the ability to keep your nose clean and stay out of trouble is what sepertes a true great (e.g. Prost) from someone who is just 'really quick' (e.g. Mansell).

You can probably count on the one hand the number of times Prost got involved in an accident with someone.... and from the top of my head I'm going to do it now!! :joker:

1) Zandvoort with Piquet in '83
2) First corner shunt in Belguim in '86
3) Senna at Suzuka chicane in '89
4) Senna at Suzuka turn one in '90

Anymore from people's memory banks?

Mind you, it's always easy to critise Webber after the event... but when you are in the cockpit and have split seconds to make your decision..hindsight is always perfect.

After all, if Hill had hesitated for just a second in Adelaide '94 and waited to pass Schuey at the next corner, he would have been World Champion.

Last edited: