RHH cambelt

A local accountant was a long time Citroen owner. He always spent his annual holiday in the city while his car was serviced there.

Russell, do you know who the local builders use for supplies? Most trade suppliers do daily direct to site deliveries with their own vehicles, often over long distances, and these places usually carry generators, along with ladders, scaffolds, pumps etc. If they don't have something they will get it in. The long trips are usually charged.

In some fields like tractors you have to rely on dealers. The ideal is to walk into a well stocked dealership and the part appears from the shelves. Ballarat is a major city and you should be able to buy most things off the shelf. The frustrating thing is to buy something you badly need online and the delivery is slow. I desperately needed an 8kva generator and nobody online could guarantee delivery in a week. There are reliable freight operators like Toll and really dodgy ops that use cheap and nasty firms. Try following up a delivery with anyone. Cars aren't perfect, they need good dealers to keep them in service with a minimum of downtime.
Its not the delivery, its the fact the parts are often ordered from overseas, as there is no warehousing in australia. Go try a part for a land cruiser from your local dealer (lets say and air condioner hose). I bet there's weeks of waiting while its ordered in from overseas.

Its not the delivery, its the fact the parts are often ordered from overseas, as there is no warehousing in australia. Go try a part for a land cruiser from your local dealer (lets say and air condioner hose). I bet there's weeks of waiting while its ordered in from overseas.
A mate had to wait 3 months on a headlight for a 3 Y/O Hilux.

If the part isn't stocked - it isn't stocked. No brand is excluded.

Conversely, I ordered a part from Albury for an older car. It was in Sydney that afternoon at my door. If someone wants to deliver a part and they can - they certainly will.

A mate has a 5 Y/O Mustang - in Sydney. Every year he drives out to Bathurst for the weekend to get it serviced. It suits him to have a couple of days in the country.

Cheers

Justin

A mate had to wait 3 months on a headlight for a 3 Y/O Hilux.

If the part isn't stocked - it isn't stocked. No brand is excluded.

Conversely, I ordered a part from Albury for an older car. It was in Sydney that afternoon at my door. If someone wants to deliver a part and they can - they certainly will.

A mate has a 5 Y/O Mustang - in Sydney. Every year he drives out to Bathurst for the weekend to get it serviced. It suits him to have a couple of days in the country.

Cheers

Justin

I don't mind the idea of american cars though. ebay.com ... they'll probably be here far more quickly than ordering from ford. A bit like we can order in poogoe parts from the UK and they'll be here in less than a week.... but it can take a long time through dealers if that part isn't stocked in australia.

That's weird, just tried to drive the RCZ .... not a cracker ... no sign of it starting. I managed to bleed air out of the filter housing ... but the primer bulb doesn't go hard. Seriously, it waits until i've worked on it to play up :unsure: Let me guess, the primer bulb didn't like me working in that area and decided to die ... sigh ...

I guess I better go search for primer bulbs.... 'cos a diesel will never run if its sucking air from somewhere :(

Mine doesn't pump up very hard, though it hardens up. While you are there look for self inflicted injury.

1. The fuel lines that pass across the timing cover
2. The crank sensor
3 The starter connections (if it doesn't turn). Did you put it back?

Mine doesn't pump up very hard, though it hardens up. While you are there look for self inflicted injury.

1. The fuel lines that pass across the timing cover
2. The crank sensor
3 The starter connections (if it doesn't turn). Did you put it back?
Nah, it was full of air, and you can hear the valve in the primer isn't working right. Either I've upset it or put a pin hole in it by working around it.

I've literally just removed the starter in the C5 x7, the new one goes in this arvo. The flywheel lock hole is very clear and easily seen by moving a few electrical cables out of the way.

I almost bought an RHH manual RCZ 8 months ago. Regret not buying it now, it was on the GC and well prices with 200,000kms. Just needed a little TLC. It's the first manual diesel I've ever driven and was very impressed. Was going to use it as a runaround towed by a motorhome but ended up going with a rav4 instead, I got convinced having a 4wd would be a better option. Now I'm not so sure.

I've literally just removed the starter in the C5 x7, the new one goes in this arvo. The flywheel lock hole is very clear and easily seen by moving a few electrical cables out of the way.

I almost bought an RHH manual RCZ 8 months ago. Regret not buying it now, it was on the GC and well prices with 200,000kms. Just needed a little TLC. It's the first manual diesel I've ever driven and was very impressed. Was going to use it as a runaround towed by a motorhome but ended up going with a rav4 instead, I got convinced having a 4wd would be a better option. Now I'm not so sure.
It's not really suitable for poor road conditions where you can use the RAV4. It has silly big clown wheels and is very firm in the suspension (and low to the ground). It does drive very nicely though. The diesel is a little gem.

Now if only I could find the primer bulb and lines for sale anywhere .... EAI don't stock them.... and they look to not be on ebay :unsure: I might need to see if I can somehow fit a universal primer bulb in there somehow.

Try AA Auto parts, 03 9041 7713. They do HDI bits and bobs.

That manual gearbox mated to the RHH engine made it a delight to drive. Even the driving position was surprisingly good.
Try a dealer, it is item 1 in the pic below: (oops, this is for my C5, might be a little different on the RCZ)

Screenshot 2024-01-11 111617.pngScreenshot 2024-01-11 111711.png

A local diesel pump and injector workshop also might have one to suit the line size. I have come across them at boat supply places too.

A local diesel pump and injector workshop also might have one to suit the line size. I have come across them at boat supply places too.
I might whip out to the diesel place in bunninyong and see if they can cobble something up, I'll give the local dealer a ring and see if they have stock on this side of the planet. I might get lucky :)

I pulled the inlet off the filter housing to try and find where the leak is.... and it pumps fuel into a jar without any issues. I put my finger over the end of the hose and the primer bulb pumped up hard.

I plugged it back in, and now it pumps up properly. Very weird. it must have been able to suck air at the fuel filter housing connector. I'll probably need to bleed across to the pump and crack the injectors before it'll run (I'm hoping there is just a plastic cover covering the injectors). A diesel with air in it will never run .... . :)

None of this was disconnected or touched when I changed the cambelt, but it was moved around and pushed out of the way a lot. I must have upset the connector onto the filter housing.

The RHH pumps from the HP pump. Just make sure it's all tight and then bleed from the filter. There's a screw on top. Then let the HP pump bleed anything left by pumping into the engine. When the air is gone it will fire. Don't play with the injection unions.

The injectors are under the plastic cover. It is there because at this pressure they are dangerous.

Last edited:
I should have said - trying to start not only turns the starter, it runs the fuel system.

seriously ...

20240111_145303.jpg

20240111_145320.jpg

20240111_145232.jpg

This was driven for a few days and was parked and switched off as per normal. It was running fantastically ... perfectly. No sign of any issues. Why would the crank trigger go bye, bye .... so the air had always been in that filter housing ... and it was always weird and didn't pump up right (how on earth did it run like that ?). That air in the fuel line was just something that sidetracked me.

I was really careful and took my time doing the timing belt. I didn't strain any of the wiring, and I distinctly remember listening for the "click" that said the wiring connector was attached fully the the sender.

I guess I'm pulling the wheel, inner guard and covers back off .... sigh....

It's not really suitable for poor road conditions where you can use the RAV4. It has silly big clown wheels and is very firm in the suspension (and low to the ground). It does drive very nicely though. The diesel is a little gem.

Now if only I could find the primer bulb and lines for sale anywhere .... EAI don't stock them.... and they look to not be on ebay :unsure: I might need to see if I can somehow fit a universal primer bulb in there somehow.
Head down to your local diesel bloke, he'll have universal bits there

It's easy to get into trouble with the crank sensor and its wheel.