Regan Peugeot 605 and 605 roll call

Hope this helps ;)

I love disputes, and the older I get the better/crankier I get at them (Ask the bloke next door).
If I think I may be wrong I just try not to enter into arguments.
Because of this post I have been looking through my 605 photos, bits and pieces. Still sitting here wondering why I would sell a great sorted car like the one I owned for 11 years????? I actually sold it on aussiefrogs, a couple of hours after it was advertised.
Yes Inchcape was importing 605's Not as I mistakenly said PSA.
The man that told me only 48 series 2 cars were imported by Peugeot Concessionaires/Aust (?) was a Michael Megahey (Spelling?) he was their technical Guru around 1998, so he may have been wrong (?). There certainly was however numbers of series 1 605's around.
The Peugeot 605 Australian Specifications Brochure I have for the Series 2 605 is dated November 1994. Does anyone have any Australian publications on a Series 1?
My 605 was Built May 1995 and complianced October 1995 Registered March 1996. Vin VF36BUFZ491021703 Eng #0052457
I believe (Was told) most 605's were sold in Qld. Mine came from the Gold Coast.
I sold it March 2010 to a Mrs Cusack and have not seen it since.

Attachments

• VF36BUFZ491021703.pdf
    188.3 KB · Views: 111
Build 03/94, complied 06/94.
Dunno where I go the other months from.

Attachments

• 605build.jpg
    605build.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 88
It breaks my heart that I already got one, because this looks like a beauty at a more-than-reasonable price.

Note that there is a letter missing from the VIN, it should be BUFZ.

And that it is not rear wheel drive, as the specs say.

Tidy looking one for sale in Victoria!

I would buy that for a spare parts for my car at around that price. Except that it doesn't really need any, and that car is way too good to wreck. It has done high km and I have never seen it, but I did speak to its owner before he passed away. A really passionate enthusiast who really took care of his cars. That should be a really nice car, and it's cheap.

Ad has disappeared in last 24 hours, so hopefully it's found a new home. About a month since ad first appeared, so not too bad.
I wonder who bought it... anyone on here, or known of here? I would have, could have, should have. I'd be dangerous with a car trailer and a big shed.

My VFACTS data lists one additional 605 registration back in 1991 - no doubt an evaluation model - so 49 total.
Thanks to Dijon sending me a pic and some follow-up investigations of old Pug club mags, it would seem that Ray Bowden was driving a silver 605 in NSW in 1991, so that would appear to be the first official registration that SLC206 found, of a total of 49 cars '91 to '96. Spotted being driven by Ray Bowden at The Rocks in 1991 and also at the Bathurst 12-hour.

With Patrick's SV24 private import, that's a count of 50 of Ph 1 and Ph 2 605s registered in Oz. Hopefully we'll see at least 2 of them turn up at this year's AFD at Silverwater.

Wow what a blast from the past. Half the dealers are gone and half the people in the photos have since died.

However, as that is a March magazine, the photo may have been from 2011 or even earlier.

Looking forward then to having two of almost the same colour on the day this year then. At least the colours will not look like the Italian flag.

Wow what a blast from the past. Half the dealers are gone and half the people in the photos have since died.

However, as that is a March magazine, the photo may have been from 2011 or even earlier.

Looking forward then to having two of almost the same colour on the day this year then. At least the colours will not look like the Italian flag.
And i do spy my 604 there