R8 Gordini on Shannons

CXVingtCinq

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Just stumbled on this. Looks very good but seems to be asking a lot.?? $40K to $50K..??

Like the specs for plugs etc on the air cleaner. Underneath would require a bit of work to remove what looks like surface rust. POR15 would be in order. Otherwise a nice example. I wish I had've owned one when I was younger.

Reactions: COL
Yeh that’s the going price. It’s amazing that it can fetch that much but then a bog standard R10 is only like $2k at most haha

i beleive that in the day a standard R8 was $900 and the 1135 G WAS $1900 ,MORE THAN TWICE THE PRICE ! i have a soft spot for the moyan cars .pugs

I stand corrected. I've always thought they were nice but never kept up with the values obviously.

How are auctions fairing in these dreaded COVID days.? How would I from western NSW go about bidding (not that I am even considering it) on this from interstate.? No inspection, difficult collection, etc, etc.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the correct colour is Cannes Blue for that year build. It would want to go for more than that, my build is in the realm of $60k
Rossbosca

Like the specs for plugs etc on the air cleaner. Underneath would require a bit of work to remove what looks like surface rust. POR15 would be in order. Otherwise a nice example. I wish I had've owned one when I was younger.

I reckon 250 Km in the Murrundindi Forest would bring the underneath up nice and shiny, like new without the paint! Ready for the "No-Rust" and a quick cover-up! ;)

covered my mpa Mazda with por 15 (back to bare metal) about 5years ago but didn't, top coat it, now scraping it all off and starting again as is porous and have surface rust under sections of it, my stuff up. will still use it again but top coat asap afterwards.... jim

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the correct colour is Cannes Blue for that year build. It would want to go for more than that, my build is in the realm of $60k
Rossbosca

Most 1135's were Moyen Blue which was used on Heidelberg assembled Pugs as well.
The car for sale was always Moyen Blue AFAIK.

I have never had to top coat POR 15. If you follow the process strictly it should work out alright without a topcoat. Treated the chassis on my A110 and Fuego Turbo and both are still good except if you get brake fluid on it like what happened to the left hand lower control arm of my A110. Brake fluid is dynamite even with POR 15.