Question for experts: colours for the ID19 "Parisienne"

I can add some more, but currently incomplete information. The ease of panel changes makes it hard to be sure of original colours and I can point to a Heidelberg car wearing some Slough panels.

192004806 1962> & <9/1964 White with white roof, Blue/Green trim 6759 2224326
19621520 Blue/Grey, white roof, Red trim 6644 2224323
19114169 1961? White body, roof missing Red/white trim 6044 224318
19627676 White body, white roof, 6389 2224618

Thanks Brian. I thought this Heidelberg car was 1960 because of the separate brake system but now you tell me that can't be so. On another note; John and Janet are enjoying the lovely weather round Daylesford today in the Big 15. In wintery conditions on Sunday, John drove the Big 6 to the big Steam Rally at Lake Goldsmith. Hope you and the family are well! Michael

I've just added some more pictures of my Heidelberg car
Sold to L L Thomson
122 Woniora Road Hurstville

Hasn't gone very far since 1964 then!

I'd just like to take this moment to say that it's great to see so many of you guys providing some new information as data on the Heidy cars as it's much like like the cars themselves - rather thin on the ground.

If anyone has brochures regarding said car, I'd love to see some scans as I'm compiling information for an expanded Parisienne supplement for Docteur Danche's nuancierds site.

Cheers

Donnie

I have read with interest the various comments on the colours used on Australian built cars especialling of the the "missing" colour 5761.
Could this number actually be 6761 or even 5751?
Looking at the photograph of the plate on Andrew Murray's '66 it could be possibly be read as all 3 combinations.
I also know of a wreck that could be read as any of the 3 options.This car is now black however is is possible to see that the car was white at some stage of its life.
Also the information on the plate in Bruce Llewellyn's possesion gives the paint code as 6761 so who knows.
The only way to resolve this issue would be to thoroughly clean up one of these plates and examine it very closely.

Regarding the photos posted by Dogboy of the red"1960" Heildleberg built id this car could not be a '60 model as Continental & General did not commence building cars until August 1961 with the first cars becoming available in late November of that year,

Brian W:2cents:

Hi Brian
Just went out to read my plate and it reads
body 193018733 series 12193 colour 225 6761
dogboy and Andy Murray are one and the same!
I'd thought the ID was 1960 but must have been 61...
The red car photo was taken quite some time ago so can't confirm it's numbers...
About 6 months ago I was walking past a full skip and noticed lots of slides...thought to myself..how could anyone throw out their memorys so casually picked one up...lo and behold it was a period shot of a ID outside Myers?... will post as soon as I can scan/photograph it...
cheers
Easy to love the ID... such character,so period...

The French ID is blue. Is it the original colour?
No 3099390
ID 19P
The lavender coloured plate is: I-Z 9849

About French IDs i can answer.
3099390 is the chassis number, making it a 1960 year model.
I-Z 9849 is the coque number (order of production). This is a "Luxe" or "Export" coque number. The classic car in France was "ID confort", with a coque number strating with "ICR". I-Z would be you have the 9849th Luxe or Export ID that was built. Here is IZ 9741 (a right hand drive that stayed in France and was never exported..) http://www.nuancierds.fr/Mystere13d.htm

Before 1964 there was no colour code identification on the cars. So you have no way to know the original colour of the car. What i can say is the most sold colour (by far) in 1960 on ID in France was bleu montecarlo, which is this light blue colour: http://www.nuancierds.fr/AC 605 Bleu MC.htm

(colour of my 1960 ID break, actually)

Yves

here is a sum up of the contributions.

Let me point out the apparition of new unknown codes (4326 and 4618), thanks to David S.
David, do you have pictures of the plates you mention, just to avoid other figure reading problems we had with dogboy?

At this stage we have no proposal for 222 vs 225. Clearly it's not the colour trim of the seats.
The only clue is that 225 is read on a very recent car (1966) compared to others (1961-64).

List of supposed colours for ID Parisienne

0070 Black
4318 Angora White
4319 Lido Blue
4320 Curaçao Tan
4322 Vert Reims
4323 Boulogne Green
4326 ?
4618 ?
4981 Mistral Grey
4988 Alouette Ivory
5376 Carmen Rouge
5394 Olive Green
6761 ?
9936 Charcoal Grey
? "écaille blonde" style (could be 4320 Curaçao Tan)

List of combinations that were actually seen by Aussiefrogs on body plates:

222 0070
222 4318 (common)
222 4323 (twice)
222 4326
222 4618
222 4988
225 6761

Last edited:
Let me point out the apparition of new unknown codes (4326 and 4618), thanks to David S.
David, do you have pictures of the plates you mention, just to avoid other figure reading problems we had with dogboy?

No photos sorry, but I will check them at some point in the future as the cars are some hours away from me. Treat them as possibles, not definites at this point.

I suspect you may also want to classify the cars by approximate year, possibly even making sense of the Series designation. Any ideas on what the series number means? Perhaps, a list of the unique numbers and the approximate build date may yield some clues. It could even be something odd like a 6 followed by a day count, then changing to 12 followed by a day count after the 6 series reached 999 days???? Maybe, that doesn't work? Is it possible the colour codes changed during production and therefore, you have a change in colour codes after a particular series number?

Possibly a good place for a colour sample is the inside of the bootlid as it's out of the light and often not repainted even if the outside colour is changed. I saw a perfect shiny grey bootlid inside recently while the outside was just surface rust. I'll eventually get the series and body codes from that car.

period shot of ID19

not quite sure when this was taken but some time ago I believe...probably 70's?
anyone recognise the car...and it is taken on Chapel st,Prahran as I recognise the area very well

Attachments

• DSC03510.jpg
    DSC03510.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC03511.jpg
    DSC03511.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 288
not quite sure when this was taken but some time ago I believe...probably 70's?
anyone recognise the car...and it is taken on Chapel st,Prahran as I recognise the area very well

It could be the one Bob King has now. Bob's is a 65 ID19. One of the last Heidleberg cars.
Cheers Gerry:cheers:

What do you think, Middlemoon?

Is that the pinkish Holden colour (you were refering to) on Shane's pictures?

:banana:

Dear Docteur,

Your list does not appear to include the 'pinky beige' colour which was definitely a Heidelberg Parisienne colour - I have known a number of them. It was the Dulux equivalent of the French 'Escale Blonde' colour, but a bit paler in appearance. Reynolds does not list it. It was used by Holden cars in the early sixties also. Here is the colour on an FB Holden of the same period:

Best wishes,

It is wonderful that you are so passionate about these distinctive Australian IDs. They are a very rare car now in their original form.

I think this must be the colour....can Shane or Roger confirm whether this has been oversprayed? Looks a little browner...I suspect slight variation in the mid sixties colour mix compared to earlier version. Does the colour code for William hastie's Id match shane's...anyone know? There is the answer if we presume william's is original.

Certainly shane's interior is a good match for the original colour...but this alone does not prove the body colour as my first Id had same interior but was angora white. This car is now in wa.

Tim

Ok - I am pretty sure that the 2nd nose Heidelberg 'salmon-pink' colour is different to the 1st nose colour - similar, but browner - less 'pink'. Also, the two tone apricot/white trim went with the first nose, while 2nd nose typically had a single tone trim. I briefly owned a a 2nd nose car this colour in the late nineties.

Tim

Some of the panels have been oversprayed. More than likely the "oversprayed" is 45years old and a very good match for the original paint that is possibly still on a few of the cars panels . Yeah it's darker colour than the pink of your car... more brown.... quite an ugly colour :clown: But it does nicely match the two tone seats.

seeya,
Shane L.

6761 appears to be the Renault colour Alpine White per this thread:
R8 Paint Colour - Cosmic Blue
See picture 1 of post 3.

Sorry, I've never managed to check those two unknown references I gave 4618 and 4326, but it's still on the to do list. I would leave them off the list for the moment unless someone else finds them on other examples. It's possible they should be 4318 (Angora white) and 4323 (Boulonge Green) if I'd misread the 3 as a 6, which would be easy to do on a dirty plate.

Last edited:
6761 appears to be the Renault colour Alpine White per this thread:
R8 Paint Colour - Cosmic Blue
See picture 1 of post 3.

Sorry, I've never managed to check those two unknown references I gave 4618 and 4326, but it's still on the to do list. I would leave them off the list for the moment unless someone else finds them on other examples.

So, was Heidelberg building both Renaults and Citroens? I'm thinking it isn't impossible they shared a common color over a limited production run.