Perhaps this might be of some help.

Attachments

• citroenid19.jpg
    citroenid19.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 466
  • colourcode.jpg
    colourcode.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 596
Yes Panhard that's the colour - approximately, and this promotional material was used locally to promote the Parisienne but the car pictured is English and so doesn't show the Australian equivalent colour. The colour specs you post I guess may be for Slough cars? Hey, does this mean you have a Panhard?!

Tim

This chart does have many of the same colour names and their corresponding numbers. It doesn't have mine - 4323 which is supposedly Boulogne Green.

Thank you for sharing, Panhard.

Citroen id19

The colour chart is from a "Spartan Paints" book and includes the Australian assembled vehicles. It does tell me Peugeot-Renault-Citroen used Nitrocellulose Lacqer and baked enamel to end of 1966, 1967 onward Baked Enamel.

Citroen ID19

Hi Tim,

"I Wish". Always intrigued with the Panhard but restoring a Vedette Versailles has been hard enough to find parts, I dare not think about a Panhard.

JP - SIMCA MAN

About the "P" on ID19P on the engine plate.

In France on early IDs you get three plates:

Body Plate: ID19P xxxxxx
Coque Plate: 00xxxxxxxxx (only figures)
Engine plate: ID19P xxxxxx

Body Plate is the ORDERING number. I mean: customers would order their IDs from the Citroën factory, and the "Body" numbers gets higher and higher

Coque Plate is the PRODUCING number. I mean: if someone that is powerful orders a Citroën, he might gets it more quickly from the factory. His car will be produced before the already ordered ones. Therefore he would have a high ORDERING number, but a low PRODUCING number.

On Heidelberg cars, you have no Body Plate, i think also no coque Plate.
And people in Heidelberg used the engine number to make the "BODY" number.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to the point of the "P":

If France, in the late fifties, you could buy:

ID normale, which would be a "ID19" with "ID19" engine (which is adapted from the Traction)
ID "luxe" or "confort", a "ID19P" with a ID19P engine.

The P has no precise meaning, it's the factory code to make the difference with the ID19 "normale".

Thank you for the explanation, Docteur.

It's said in the early reviews of the Parisienne in Australian motoring magazines that we got the 75hp engine.

The plate was in the first place I looked- so not as safe as I thought!

Body number 193014751
Series 12123
Colour 2226761

Bruce.

Hi Bruce, interesting data for my quest.
6761 is another missing colour code in my list.
And this seems to prove that 222 is not for the seats colour... as 222 can stand either for two tones red/white seats, or also for green ones...

However im still searching for a rule for this topic.

About the "P" on ID19P on the engine plate.

In France on early IDs you get three plates:

Body Plate: ID19P xxxxxx
Coque Plate: 00xxxxxxxxx (only figures)
Engine plate: ID19P xxxxxx

Body Plate is the ORDERING number. I mean: customers would order their IDs from the Citroën factory, and the "Body" numbers gets higher and higher

Coque Plate is the PRODUCING number. I mean: if someone that is powerful orders a Citroën, he might gets it more quickly from the factory. His car will be produced before the already ordered ones. Therefore he would have a high ORDERING number, but a low PRODUCING number.

On Heidelberg cars, you have no Body Plate, i think also no coque Plate.
And people in Heidelberg used the engine number to make the "BODY" number.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to the point of the "P":

If France, in the late fifties, you could buy:

ID normale, which would be a "ID19" with "ID19" engine (which is adapted from the Traction)
ID "luxe" or "confort", a "ID19P" with a ID19P engine.

The P has no precise meaning, it's the factory code to make the difference with the ID19 "normale".

Just a thought- is it possible the "P" on the engine tag stood for "Perfo"? IIRC, some TA's came with that option, and it meant an uprated motor. Is it possible for the CKD ID's to have an uprated motor? Not by a lot, mind you- maybe 5 HP at best. :confused:

I get your meaning of the factory code re: the body tag. Long ago I had a '63 ID19P, and had understood it to be a slightly upmarket version, maybe a Confort. I never did look at the engine tag, so I can't say if it said "P" there, as well. Which, of course would blow my theory about "Perfo" all to hell if it did say. :crazy:

I've just added some more pictures of my Heidelberg car here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdrive34/sets/72157605999582490/

See the build plate pic.

When I got the car it was Beige. The sales ledgers held by the CCCNSW show:

Eng/Chassis 193006867
Ivory Body / red interior
1719 Pounds new
Deliver date 6 July 1964
Rego # ST100
Sold to L L Thomson
122 Woniora Road Hurstville

Have I unlocked a secret code?

I've had the cardboardy glovebox guts outside of the car, as I've been fumbling about with the new rear-view mirror surround kit I got from Der Franzose - how it's all meant to slip 'n' slide in to the existing body with the glass and mirror is a mystery to me. Suggestions welcome. I'm used to Ikea-like instructions.... so anyway,

Today, I noticed an ink stamping of a date on the bottom of the guts: 18 FEV 1960

Has anyone else picked up on this on their ID?

I thought it was quite groovy.

Attachments

• glovebox.jpg
    glovebox.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 321
Hi all, this is Yves from Paris, France.

Some of you helped me to build this page about the ID19 Parisienne from Heidelberg, which is very very exotic to me:
http://www.nuancierds.fr/DT ID19 Parisienne.htm

I wonder if we could go a bit further about colour codes.

Here is a list of available Dulux colour codes for the ID parisienne, coming from previous exchanges on Aussiefrogs:

0070 Black
4318 Angora White
4319 Lido Blue
4320 Curaçao
4322 Vert Reims
4323 Boulogne Green
4981 Mistral Grey
4988 Alouette Ivory
5376 Carmen Rouge
5394 Olive Green
5761 ?
9936 Charcoal Grey

Question 1:
Do you think this list is exact and complete? Does a Dulux document exist about this topic?

Question 2:
The chassis plate has also 3 figures in front of the colour code:

For example, 222 00070 is a black ID Parisienne featured in "original DS" from Reynolds, with two tones red and white interior.
Do you think that these figures (222, 223, ...225) has a particular meaning? (the seats colour maybe?)

Do you have seen numeric combinations that you know original, that might help to imagine what was this code meant for?
Do you have a theory about this?

Thanks!
Yves

Long ago before I knew better I changed the colour of my Slough ID from the original Mist Grey to one of the Heidelberg colours - Angora White 4318. I obtained the formulation from ICI (the supplier of the original DULUX paints) but unfortunately that information is no longer relevant as the tinters are now not available. I've just had a panel of Angora White scanned and the nearest match my supplier could find is Du Pont Lucite 400 Arc White, formula ID 473407. When I've sprayed some I'll post whether it's a good match.
roger

two ID's side by side

This ID thread, dealing with Heidelberg colours has inspired me to take a good look at the two "paddock" cars from central Victoria I have sitting in the shed. The Heidelberg 1961 ID is the better of the two but the 1960 French ID is certainly too good to wreck. The talent that exists on this forum is incredible. The photos, questions and the solutions inspire me to get off my backside and see what I can make of these cars. Thankyou to you all. Michael

Australian built id colours.

I have read with interest the various comments on the colours used on Australian built cars especialling of the the "missing" colour 5761.
Could this number actually be 6761 or even 5751?
Looking at the photograph of the plate on Andrew Murray's '66 it could be possibly be read as all 3 combinations.
I also know of a wreck that could be read as any of the 3 options.This car is now black however is is possible to see that the car was white at some stage of its life.
Also the information on the plate in Bruce Llewellyn's possesion gives the paint code as 6761 so who knows.
The only way to resolve this issue would be to thoroughly clean up one of these plates and examine it very closely.

Regarding the photos posted by Dogboy of the red"1960" Heildleberg built id this car could not be a '60 model as Continental & General did not commence building cars until August 1961 with the first cars becoming available in late November of that year,

Brian W:2cents:

my paint colour?

The 2 "paddock cars",I thought were blue but reading through the info in this thread, I'm thinking that the Heidelberg ID could be Angora White.
Body No - 19114672
Series - 6082
Coding - 2224318
It's the last four numbers in the coding that seem to coincide with Angora White. Sounds a bit boring. I've always hankered for the pale pink, similar to the EK Holden

The French ID is blue. Is it the original colour?
No 3099390
ID 19P
The lavender coloured plate is: I-Z 9849
All very Interesting