Project Hélène has finally landed. Rejoice!

Wonderful job. Also a very nice looking car - well balanced design

You keep making us feel inadequate - so much made from scratch, I am still struggling to make things look even half decent

Andrew
Thanks Andrew. The things made from scratch were direct copies of the original bits with no artistic licence on my part. Renault designed the car , I just fixed her up but yes, lots of the bits were re-made right here in the facility which was easier than finding replacement parts.

Cheers G

Fabulous. So pleased Hélène has finally been revealed. She looks just lovely! Congratulations!

Check out the front bumper... :)
Thanks JW. Check out the rear bumper.

IMG_7852.jpg

Hey Al, The car was complete enough to facilitate a rebuild but the Aussie atmosphere, sun and termites had taken their toll and much of it has been re-made. Everything else has been re-worked and all parts are present and accounted for. It's complete now. I have plenty of photos for the mere mortal brigade which will be sorted in due course.

Beautifully done, and as has already been said many times, a credit to your tenacity and resourcefulness, and straight out talent. How much of a car did you start with? Some before pictures to inspire us mere mortals please.
A lot of inspiration needed for this one Alan!!! I feel very 'mere' compared with this exercise. Still, I am tackling a Ventoux build. THat's just Meccano beside Graham's work.

Did you notice the trio of door hinges?

Go you good thing, Master G 👏
Inconceivable to think your legendary status could be elevated even further, but here we are!
We are not worthy, hale Master G 🙌

Can't wait to pop on my burgundy beret, grab my fake pipe with real simulated smoke and come for a YouTube spin with you 🥸

Would a YouTube Video be pushing the friendship to far? :unsure:

Would love to listen to the rumble of the straight 8, also you could take all of us for a ride.
I can attest to the fact that it sounds very close to a an OHV V8 sound, because we had both there. The sound is clearly 8 cylinders.

Go you good thing, Master G 👏
Inconceivable to think your legendary status could be elevated even further, but here we are!
We are not worthy, hale Master G 🙌

Can't wait to pop on my burgundy beret, grab my fake pipe with real simulated smoke and come for a YouTube spin with you 🥸
I'm working on it J-man but it will be a week or two because I need to sort out some mechanical issues. This will give you time to acquire a small bag of croissant crumbs to complete the outfit. I do have a video already which gives a ripper demonstration of the straight eight engine music but unfortunately it has my head in it. I'm working on editing myself out.

Thank you and yes it has a straight eight engine which is enough to make the heart throb. We got it registered yesterday and have been testing and tinkering in ever widening circles. Obviously it is very old tech which highlights how far the automobile has come. I'll put up the requested pics tomorrow.
I gather this is where the Pontiac engine ended up?
Are they 400mm wheels?

I have the Pontiac engine in there for now and it almost fills the space with about 50mm to spare. I do have Renault straight eight engine parts but not enough to make up a complete engine. But I know a guy..
Many of the city cars in the 1930s had wire wheels but this one came with what I suppose are colonial wheels 450 dia. I prefer these to wire wheels anyway.

IMG_8142a.jpg