Project Hélène has finally landed. Rejoice!

56 Fregate

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Here it is. I've been working away at this for years on the quiet, the reason for which is that felt I may never finish it but bugger me I did. It's a genuine 1934 Renault. Enjoy..

Untitled.png

IMG_7903.JPG

IMG_8139.JPG

IMG_8149.JPG

Congratulations! I'll have to pop up for a proper look :).

Where's the photo of the recently constructed (& no doubt installed) timber tool tray?

Thank you and yes it has a straight eight engine which is enough to make the heart throb. We got it registered yesterday and have been testing and tinkering in ever widening circles. Obviously it is very old tech which highlights how far the automobile has come. I'll put up the requested pics tomorrow.

Congratulations Graham,this makes 34 fords look as common as duck poop.and that steering wheel looks brand new??,amongst many other parts created no doubt.looking forward to seeing more of it…well done..jim
Thanks Jim,
Well of course it looks better than a Ford (if that's possible) because it's French. Finding parts for these old cars is nigh impossible and even if you do find parts they are usually flogged out and useless. Then then there's the purchase cost. Then there's the cost of freight to OZ. Then there's the Australian Govt's GST on flogged out 90 year old parts. Hence why we are better off making or repairing parts ourselves.

Congratulations Graham, first class work! What a project, perfectly executed. Can't wait to see that straight 8.

Just last night I was admiring your work when I checked a 2013 post on your 59 Floride for info and inspiration while I was working on my Floride soft top.

Your dashboard on the 34 is a work of art, my missus is still talking about how perfect that Art Deco looks.

She is a beauty. I've never seen one before, congratulations.
What is she? (what model?)

Beautifully done, and as has already been said many times, a credit to your tenacity and resourcefulness, and straight out talent. How much of a car did you start with? Some before pictures to inspire us mere mortals please.