Post for Admin regarding website errors - ALL STYLE & ERROR POSTS MERGED

Hello, I am unaware of how this site is paid for, apart from the ads of course. The MIG Welding Forum in the UK has the option to donate £10 towards the running of the site. Those members who pay are labelled forum supporters, non payers just member. Paying the £10 confers no additional benefits, just a warm feeling! They certainly don't ram it down your throat to pay, I only found out after about 6 months.
I regularly donate to Wikipedia, Firefox and so on.
I would certainly pay £10 to help this site. Worth considering?

Gently now, no breaking any switches.

Installation of Xenforo went OK on this server.
Had to get the host to change some security settings.
They are calling me back at 7PM & we are currently creating another duplicate database that we can easily revert back to.
This process alone takes an hour.

I anticipate the forum to be offline from 7:30 Eastern Aussie time & may take 90 minutes to import the data.
You may see a closed board or database errors during this time!

See you on the other side :adrink:

BTW

I am certain you will need to log in again on the new software.
Have your passwords ready & consider the 2 step auth option.

Test things out & post issues here.

It looks like it all came across.
I can't see some of the forums but they are there, it is just permissions not set.
There are some other settings to do but I'll do them tomorrow, I mean later today (y)

:sleep:

I don't know about other members, but I don't have the Toad Pond or Funnies now.
Did they disappear or is there a secret incantation or secret ritual (like a Masonic handshake) one must go through before they reveal themselves.
(Yes, I have logged in).
Otherwise it all looks good.

Wow - a long night. Thanks for seeing it through.

What a surprise. It looks very green. I was just getting ready to add a big post to my SM thread so that will be a test.

Cheers, Ken

Hey, I got 4 trophies :love:. Think I'm going to miss the old smileys though.

Here's a gratuitous photo of my Xm. The upload was very simple - size adjustment likewise. Can't see how to edit a post however.

XM.jpg

Cheers

Alec

I'm sure I can import the old smilies.....
The colours are a bit out there. Style/ colour is not my thing. If they are yours let me know. It's templates & CSS.

Good job..

But please edit the CSS and soften the green. I mentioned the previous setting above. It could be even less intense than that.