38b908c9657e89d6a4ec97d39c529ebd.jpg
9e0bfa685e40995b69e746ced723e2cd.jpg
c0321b0a21f1583300842879170dc8d2.jpg
e1b34cf9c0fd9e9ba6e8f8d78c7af530.jpg
03f83929aa2c20adca5955a5ff418653.jpg
0a1d1acacf69c93bc1f93f2bb7db49c6.jpg
0708ea7264252048df2b9ab2b7f26a4b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

How many 203s I hope there was more than two? I would have brought mine but was away running an event.

How many 203s I hope there was more than two? I would have brought mine but was away running an event.
This is the 504 blog [emoji4]

There were more. I saw Rob Cherry leaving in his. I also saw an original condition 203 ute on the road. I was only able to be there briefly at about 1:30 so I didn't have much time for pictures.

Whose was the 205 GTI Classic? Do we know what number it was?

Great pics. Minilite style wheels look good on the 504... Amazingly versatile wheel. Seems to work on anything up to about 1980.

Great pics. Minilite style wheels look good on the 504... Amazingly versatile wheel. Seems to work on anything up to about 1980.
Yes, and these were not the relatively common Australian Performance Superlite wheel, I think they were actually Minilites, although I didn't look closely.

Tom_95 - Next time i'm up the sunshine coast, I'll drop in and say hello.

I drive my 72 504 just about everyday around the eastern suburbs of Brisbane. I saw a light brown/tan coloured 504 with the same 505 series 1 alloy wheels as mine a few weeks ago around Coopers Plans.

Last year there were two other 504's (one white and one yellow) at the grand display of french cars.

Cheers
Andrew

A very nice car, but I don't think it's an LTi, just a Ti. Though it appears that the only LTi features that it is missing is the electric windows and one of the bespoke colour schemes.

If anyone wants an actual LTi, in 'Deep Flamingo', I have one here in Melbourne for the cost of 'come and get it'. I want some bits off it though, so it won't be a complete car.

The seller says in the text of the ad that it is a Ti.

Agree on the comment made re colour, but not the electric windows.

I've had 2 genuine LTI's (both in Green) and neither of them had electric windows. Not sure why as I thought all of them had the electric windows but these 2 didn't!

Cheers
Ben

A very nice car, but I don't think it's an LTi, just a Ti. Though it appears that the only LTi features that it is missing is the electric windows and one of the bespoke colour schemes.

If anyone wants an actual LTi, in 'Deep Flamingo', I have one here in Melbourne for the cost of 'come and get it'. I want some bits off it though, so it won't be a complete car.

I also thought all LTis had electric windows.

Agree on the comment made re colour, but not the electric windows.

I've had 2 genuine LTI's (both in Green) and neither of them had electric windows. Not sure why as I thought all of them had the electric windows but these 2 didn't!

Cheers
Ben

I think this discussion might have come up fairly recently on AF. Every LTi I have seen has had electric windows, but there are clearly plenty of people who have had them without. The one I have at home has the wiring to the doors, but has been converted to manual for some reason. Possibly weight, as it has been modified for rallying. Not sure there's much weight to be saved there though!

Could it be that electric window winder motor problems has meant that a conversion to manual winders proved to be an easy solution.

Could it be that electric window winder motor problems has meant that a conversion to manual winders proved to be an easy solution.

Or the original doors rusted out and manual winder doors were fitted.

I suspect the car could have been a manual TI and turned into a LTI via a donor. That would explain the manual winders and the "incorrect" badge.

Last edited:
Yes and I wrecked a silver LTI a few years back that had the electric windows, I think they may have even ended up with you!

Both the other LTI's were absolutely original and had not had the windows converted over. I did wonder if it was a '75 vs '76 thing but my sisters first car that was a '75 defiantly never had electric windows, but was a real LTI and then I had a 2 owner (should have never sold) car which also had never had them. Perhaps it was a spec that the dealer in Hobart ordered specifically as both cars had been local all their lives?

Neither had AC either, was this on many of them?

I think this discussion might have come up fairly recently on AF. Every LTi I have seen has had electric windows, but there are clearly plenty of people who have had them without. The one I have at home has the wiring to the doors, but has been converted to manual for some reason. Possibly weight, as it has been modified for rallying. Not sure there's much weight to be saved there though!