Attachments

• Polish_20200615_080304092.jpg
    Polish_20200615_080304092.jpg
    760.4 KB · Views: 809
  • Polish_20200615_080304092.jpg
    Polish_20200615_080304092.jpg
    760.4 KB · Views: 407
Looks like this to me:

Could be a 1.8 litre as it has a single barrel carby. I thought this set up only existed in the vans?

im presuming the word polish under the pic may be indicating were it is from .someone has swapped out the carby or thats how they came over there ,?maybe necessity was the mother of invention ,

I've seen this single carb setup ex factory but don't know which models it applies to. Could well be an 1800, even the luxury model STX 505 in 1989 was 1800.

it is a 2l XN engine there is an adapterplate below the single carby
True there is an adapter plate below the single carby, however, the original carby was swapped for that single one. Was there any bigger engine than 2l that came with carby?

It's XN1 Engine, according to the cylinder head on the attached pictures.

The double barrel to single barrel Carburetor conversion on XN1 & XN1A Engines are very common even here in Nigeria. Unfortunately, the XN Engines lose some power on the single carb and doesn't improve fuel economy either that they expect. Nigerians do it to reduce fuel consumption because they assumed the double carburetor consumes more because of the word "double". They also do it because the single carburetor are cheaper in Nigeria (unfortunately, mostly fake anyway).

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk.

The double barrel to single barrel Carburetor conversion on XN1 & XN1A Engines are very common even here in Nigeria. Unfortunately, the XN Engines lose some power on the single carb and doesn't improve fuel economy either that they expect. Nigerians do it to reduce fuel consumption because they assumed the double carburetor consumes more because of the word "double". They also do it because the single carburetor are cheaper in Nigeria (unfortunately, mostly fake anyway).

Hello Ikenna351, I quite agree with you especially on that fuel consumption aspect of that conversion, however what is the engine capacity of that series? Is it 1800cc, 2000cc or 2200cc or all those variants existed?

Hello Ikenna351, I quite agree with you especially on that fuel consumption aspect of that conversion, however what is the engine capacity of that series? Is it 1800cc, 2000cc or 2200cc or all those variants existed?

It's 2.0 liter (2000cc).

Unless you open the second barrel the twin will work exactly the same as the single. I suppose if the car was supplied to a worker who drove with their foot flat to the floor there may be a benefit

I paid $400 to get a genuine Solex carby rebuilt for my 404. Probably a lot cheaper to buy a new copy, but the car goes so much better.

Unless you open the second barrel the twin will work exactly the same as the single. I suppose if the car was supplied to a worker who drove with their foot flat to the floor there may be a benefit

Yes, I agree with you. Which is why I mentioned earlier that people don't get the lower fuel consumption they expect when they convert the double to single carburetor on XN Engines. Instead, they start experiencing loss of power compared to the double carb they had before when they floored their throttle pedals.

I experienced that in my former 504 GL with XN1 when I used both single (Solex 34 BICSA 3) and double carburetors at different times and finally left the Solex 32-35 MIMSA double carburetor on the Engine, which performed way better than the single carb on the Engine in terms of power with good fuel consumption.

And the Solex 32-35 MIMSA double carburetor was much easier for me to maintain or service. The Solex 34 BICSA 3 single Carburetor was always given me headache. Always servicing it, spending so much time trying to tune it, always replacing one jet or the other. The experience wasn't pleasant at all (though it was very old but original).

The Solex 32-35 MIMSA double carburetor experience was very pleasant. I hardly touch it or replace any part on it (except on very few occasions). Yes, the fuel consumption goes a little bit higher than the single Carburetor when you floor it. But it's expected, considering the power it allows the Engine to express at such times. But when you drive it gently like a single carb, the consumption becomes little. I wish I can still find a new original one.

404 has a single 34 PBIC. I was having heaps of trouble trying to find one that worked properly. Now it is rebuilt I'm sure it will go for years.

Hello guys, some enthusiasts have been advising that it is possible to convert a mechanical cooling fan in peugeot 505 to electrical cooling fan, my question is, has any member succeeded in doing this, or rather, is it worth the hassle? What are some precautions to take when doing this and is it efficient and reliable as compared to the stock fan?

Hello guys, some enthusiasts have been advising that it is possible to convert a mechanical cooling fan in peugeot 505 to electrical cooling fan, my question is, has any member succeeded in doing this, or rather, is it worth the hassle? What are some precautions to take when doing this and is it efficient and reliable as compared to the stock fan?

I did the mechanical to electrical fan conversion since 2011 in my 505. One of The best decision I ever made for myself and the car.

I did the mechanical to electrical fan conversion since 2011 in my 505. One of The best decision I ever made for myself and the car.

Hey Ikenna, you're one of the best Pujo enthusiast I've ever known, kindly help me bro, what do I need to have? Just a list of items please..... and any modification if there is any, some say you need to upgrade your alternator and so on, how about radiator, do I maintain the same and only buy electric fan? Take me through bro please.....

Hey Ikenna, you're one of the best Pujo enthusiast I've ever known, kindly help me bro, what do I need to have? Just a list of items please..... and any modification if there is any, some say you need to upgrade your alternator and so on, how about radiator, do I maintain the same and only buy electric fan? Take me through bro please.....

I did the conversion on my 505 v6. So the alternator has enough Ah/capacity to run both AC condenser electric fan and the installed electric fan behind the radiator (I think about 70-80Ah). So, it depends on the watts or Ah of the current alternator in the car. Maybe 50Ah Alternator can be enough or maybe not.

As for the rest, I did a video and shared how I did the conversion to electric fan in this forum months ago. Will locate the link and post it here. It