peugeot 505 engine

Hey Ikenna, you're one of the best Pujo enthusiast I've ever known, kindly help me bro, what do I need to have? Just a list of items please..... and any modification if there is any, some say you need to upgrade your alternator and so on, how about radiator, do I maintain the same and only buy electric fan? Take me through bro please.....

I also didn't change the radiator. I mounted the electric fan on the old radiator in the car, which was big enough for the engine.

Below is the video link on how I did the conversion.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk.

I did the conversion on my 505 v6. So the alternator has enough Ah/capacity to run both AC condenser electric fan and the installed electric fan behind the radiator (I think about 70-80Ah). So, it depends on the watts or Ah of the current alternator in the car. Maybe 50Ah Alternator can be enough or maybe not.

As for the rest, I did a video and shared how I did the conversion to electric fan in this forum months ago. Will locate the link and post it here. It

And the Solex 32-35 MIMSA double carburetor was much easier for me to maintain or service. The Solex 34 BICSA 3 single Carburetor was always given me headache. Always servicing it, spending so much time trying to tune it, always replacing one jet or the other. The experience wasn't pleasant at all (though it was very old but original).

The Solex 32-35 MIMSA double carburetor experience was very pleasant. I hardly touch it or replace any part on it (except on very few occasions). Yes, the fuel consumption goes a little bit higher than the single Carburetor when you floor it. But it's expected, considering the power it allows the Engine to express at such times. But when you drive it gently like a single carb, the consumption becomes little. I wish I can still find a new original one.

I just hadg engine overhaul on my peugeot 504 pick up by swapping to a 'GL' linear kit - Q ? will the motor still run well with all the original parts (I.e.-single dual carb & its smaller inlet manifold n exhaust system)

And the Solex 32-35 MIMSA double carburetor was much easier for me to maintain or service. The Solex 34 BICSA 3 single Carburetor was always given me headache. Always servicing it, spending so much time trying to tune it, always replacing one jet or the other. The experience wasn't pleasant at all (though it was very old but original).

The Solex 32-35 MIMSA double carburetor experience was very pleasant. I hardly touch it or replace any part on it (except on very few occasions). Yes, the fuel consumption goes a little bit higher than the single Carburetor when you floor it. But it's expected, considering the power it allows the Engine to express at such times. But when you drive it gently like a single carb, the consumption becomes little. I wish I can still find a new original one.

Fitted a new MMSA (from Der Franzose) to my 505 SR to replace the temperamental auto ckoke TMIMA. Goes OK but could be better I think. I notice the TMIMA has bigger secondary main jet and air corrector, same venturis. I've got the feeling the MMSA has been tuned for better economy as it was fitted to the low compression engine, will try the TMIMA jet setup.

Geez Graham.
Your $400 Solex PBIC overhaul!
Was yours the model with the gold venturi and jets ?:D

Apart from a warped base, missing or loose air bleed. incorrect float needle setting. punctured float I can't imagine much else could go wrong with the single throat 32 or 34 mm Solex.

Spent months trying to get a proper working carby. I have found the only way is to spend the money.

Spent months trying to get a proper working carby. I have found the only way is to spend the money.
The first new Solex carburettor I tried on my XN1A was faulty, even though seller claimed it was OEM. I tried all kinds of repair and tuning on the carburettor and it simply refused to work properly. Excess black smoke, hard start, non start sometimes, hesitation, etc. But I later found out the carburettor was earlier purchased and returned by a previous buyer to the seller as a faulty part about a decade ago and the seller still sold it to me at OEM expensive price, as if the carburettor was never touched before.

I later bought a brand new China carburettor (Z1 34-34) at much cheaper price and it worked perfectly from the first crank. All I did days later was to fine tune it and nothing more. No black smoke, no hesitation, no stalling, etc.

Not all Chinese copied or made Solex carburettors are bad.

Lion-King Monk.