Peugeot 205 GTI values

Didn’t clock that lol what colour kms and how much.

CRX Honda.
Very few original ones remain here in Oz.
Was amazed in Sydney the number that were customised.

Recently saw a "customised" Alfa 147 GTA , terrible sight.

Hi Dug 83 and all Aussie Froggers, it was my car that was for sale and yes it did come from Sydney, I think it may be known as a phase 1.75 (re a fellow froggers categorising), hence I didn't want to use/misquote anybody etc. As you can probably tell I really didn't want to sell the car and the price probably being unrealistic in this current climate made my decision to pull the ad after 24hrs a very easy thing to do. Especially after the usual scamming enquiries :disappr:
It's true that we want to carry out house improvements eg solar and back yard stuff but we are going to postpone that idea for later. I think my wife was impressed that I actually advertised it in the first place:party:So as they say all's well that ends well... Where about's in Perth are you? cheers Paul

Hi Paul,

Good to hear you got to hold on to it! I spoke to one of the guy's in Sydney that was selling it (think it changed hands a few time pretty quickly over there) but didn't seam that interested when I mentioned I was in Perth. I'm just in the Leederville area and have a phase 1.5 so that's what made me wonder about the BE3 gearbox. It needs a bit of work so alway tossing up whether to sell it and buy a clean example like yours or crack on and finish off the one I've got.

Cheers,

Doug

Yes Doug and Paul, I'd call a Phase 1.5 (Series 2) with a BE3 gearbox (from the factory) a Phase 1.75 (Series 2.5)... this is the AM90 (July 89-Jun 90) vintage.

It also has the Quartet trim that the Phase 2 (Series 3) GTi's had.

Mind you its not uncommon for a BE3 gearbox to be retrofitted into a Phase 1/1.5 if the diff blows.

Cheers

Hi Paul,

Good to hear you got to hold on to it! I spoke to one of the guy's in Sydney that was selling it (think it changed hands a few time pretty quickly over there) but didn't seam that interested when I mentioned I was in Perth. I'm just in the Leederville area and have a phase 1.5 so that's what made me wonder about the BE3 gearbox. It needs a bit of work so alway tossing up whether to sell it and buy a clean example like yours or crack on and finish off the one I've got.

Cheers,

Doug

Didn't have the half leather Series 3 seats though.

Yes Doug and Paul, I'd call a Phase 1.5 (Series 2) with a BE3 gearbox (from the factory) a Phase 1.75 (Series 2.5)... this is the AM90 (July 89-Jun 90) vintage.

It also has the Quartet trim that the Phase 2 (Series 3) GTi's had.

Mind you its not uncommon for a BE3 gearbox to be retrofitted into a Phase 1/1.5 if the diff blows.

Cheers

Hi Doug, yes you are right about it changing hands a few times in its later life, I must admit I was a bit worried re this! In its early life it had a couple of long term owners (looking at the paperwork provided) I actually rang one of them to find out a bit more. I must admit I hadn't done all (literally none) my homework on 205's and regarding aussie spec ones, i.e. dfz engine/cat. I saw a receipt for a second hand head so got a bit excited, turns out he bought it but never had it fitted, although he told me about the valve stem seals being replaced. Not sure if this head is original or has been skimmed but I am really happy with the performance of the car as I want to keep original as poss.
Interesting thing I noticed when I purchased it was that the coolant use to come out of the expansion overflow after a long run (was summer time as well) after you had stopped the engine, turned out the expansion cap was faulty and replaced with correct cap, problem sorted. I was lucky with that as it could have been something worse, so maybe the last couple of owners got the frighteners re that, thinking it was head gasket etc!?
I was fortunate so to speak just before we bought our house as we had saved,begged, borrowed and sold stuff over years to raise the deposit so thought well there is no chance I will be able to buy a classic car from my youth after mortgage etc so searched what cars were out there. Datsun 240z would be nice, checked the price and almost had a heart attack and thought I know a mk1 or 2 Mexico etc, even bigger shock. My budget was $20k absolute max, hence why the 205gti came on the radar, plus when they came out in the UK they were like some Ferrari hatchback that just changed the car world for teenagers like me but unfortunately I was driving a few hundred dollar Mini (mechanics wages sucked). So had I not bought the car last year, I could not now be able to afford even the cheapest non gti 205 for sale! So yes I bought unseen but was happy with what arrived, although driving a car with no p/s and all the rattles and creaks at first made me think what the heck have I done. Must admit I can really see what everyone on this site see's in them, I actually love it to bits and hopefully wont ever have to put it up for sale again! I have never made any money on vehicle purchases and usually buy quick on impulse and then spend some more on making it nicer and when I sell it, I loose money on it so as to do it all over again, lucky my wife loves and forgives me :clown: (25 year anni next year!) every motorbike I have owned I have sold for slightly less than I bought them for, but what is the fun of not being able to tinker on them:)

I would love to come and see your 205, I haven't seen any around since getting mine, but cannot remember seeing any in the 19 years I have lived in Perth. If there is anything I can help you with re yours, I am only starting to learn about these wonderful cars mechanically and use to be a car mechanic in my previous life, 30 years ago in the UK, so absolutely lost on any type of electronics :confused:(points and condensor ok:)
Also I never knew there was so much interest in the 205 in Australia, especially in motorsport, and what with the vast knowledge of people on this site (Peter T etc) I don't think you can go wrong with 205 ownership here.
Cheers
Paul

Shh sorry guys, I am a real technophobe and noticed how bad my post was with hardly any paragraphs, looked fine when I was typing! Also it missed my reply to ng850, PDJ and Graham, thanks heaps for your comments re the phasing, it does make more sense now:)
Apologies to all froggers re hiding in the shadows, I didn't want to post in the past of fear of being a numpty:) especially when you see the wealth of knowledge and technical skills here e.g. car rebuilds and track cars (different skill level by a mile to me).
Cheers
Paul

G’day everyone.
new to the forum and currently on the hunt for a phase 1.5 or 2 1.9 GTi.
Does anyone know the green phase 2 on car sales? I’m trying to fathom the colour code as it looks too light for Sorrento Green and certainly not Lazer Green.

also does anyone know the car, and its history. Looking for something that requires little to no work ideally.

Paul, your example looks stunning mate a credit to you.

thanks in advance

If it’s the one for 20k with 187000km
It’s a series 3 and the colour is magnum, (gun metal grey)
The green interior came in the series 3 only (in Australia)with the serrento green and magnum.
Regards Jamie

Yeah, that’s the one Jamie, Cheers for that. The owner listed it as Green on Carsales.
Does anyone know of the car?

G’day everyone.
new to the forum and currently on the hunt for a phase 1.5 or 2 1.9 GTi.
Does anyone know the green phase 2 on car sales? I’m trying to fathom the colour code as it looks too light for Sorrento Green and certainly not Lazer Green.

also does anyone know the car, and its history. Looking for something that requires little to no work ideally.

Paul, your example looks stunning mate a credit to you.

thanks in advance

Im a couple of weeks away from advertising mine. 1992 S3, White with a sunroof.

If it’s the one for 20k with 187000km
It’s a series 3 and the colour is magnum, (gun metal grey)
The green interior came in the series 3 only (in Australia)with the serrento green and magnum.
Regards Jamie
it’s steel grey ������