Peugeot 205 GTI values

To be fair I came across a lot of cars like this when I was looking for one, it took me years to find one that had evidence of being properly maintained or mechanically rebuilt. There were too many owners thinking they were sitting on a gold mine whilst neglecting their cars. At least two I looked at had to get a battery out of another car to get started, a surprising number of owners had no idea when the timing belt had been changed, and one I drove pulled dangerously to one side under braking with a stuck caliper. None of these cars were advertised cheaply for the time! I settled on one needing paint and interior work but had been subject to a full professional engine rebuild with BBM and Pug1off supplied parts, a raft of new suspension parts, new headlights (new headlights are a really good investment btw) and was thoroughly honestly described. I think things in the market are better now but I'm glad overall that I chose one based on how it drove and what had been done to it rather than one of the unloved (read unused) but glossier looking ones.

I tend to go for cars with no paint problems because I can build my own engines and repair the mechanicals and they are a lot cheaper and more straightforward to get right than panel work and paint (some dings and scrapes are okay as long as there is no rust anywhere). Don't care much about the interior (most of that is easily fixable or replaceable as long as you are not picky).

But that's my own preference and it is because I have never seen paintwork done properly (i.e. that lasts as long as the factory job).

Have had a few bites but at any lower price its worth keeping. Im so close to just driving it for a while but city driving will wear thin quickly.

If I had the room I would store it for fun in years to come.

Somebody has got 205 values mixed up LOL A guy phoned me saying he has a 205 si taking up space in his garage and wants it gone.
What do you want for it i asked....."whatever you can afford" was the reply. Mmmm ...sounds dicy but i will have a look at it.

Car is not running, unreg , air con and heater no workies, drivers bolster kaput, roof racks screwed into roof and one big ding in both C pillars.
Towtruck would have been $150 thus i offered $450.... he just laughed and said he wanted NO LESS THAN $1200.
It was my turn to laugh having heard that.
Owner is now placing it on Ebay with a starting price of $1200-------- go figure !! LOL

Would have nice if he had got it out of the shed to take the photos. Probably OK at $1200, $300 or $1200, just pocket money really. You can easily pay that much for a smallish job on your car.

Agreed Graham. Also one can purchase a much better one for not much more without having to do all the things this car needs doing to it.
$1200 is way too much for the condition of this car.... if it was worth it i would have bought it !!!! LOL

I have just bought a 205 Si for $2500 with RWC, this is what I wanted, an upgrade for my everyday car, but you can buy a 90s car of higher spec for much less. There was a 206 GTi 180 for sale on Grays on line last week, didn't see what it finally went for but would have gone for around $1000!

That looks a lot better value than the silver one.... it least it goes !! LOL

There are a couple of 405 Mi16s on Carsales which appear to be very good examples... both for sale at $5000. Have been for sale for a while. Is there no market for these?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Just reopening an old thread. Seems the prices on the 205's have moved in recent years. Currently between $15k and $30k on carsales and not much else out there.