New Alpine - will we really see one on the road?

Hi Bazzamac.
Soooo. Do we have a challenge comparison between a girl in an old A110 and you in the new?
Up and down Mt Buffalo? ...and yeah.. no contest...
Make a great magazine article and video.
Maybe with a drone courtesy of Bee grade videos?

I'll be interested to hear your assessment of the DSG.

And specifically if you see it as weakness in the dynamics of the vehicle. :wink2:

IMHO no weaknesses with DSG vehicle dynamics.
Just the romantic notion of driver involvement and idealism of a manual.
Wife and I have a totally manual collection, so maybe an auto has its place
in the scheme of things, especially as we age...

Hi Bazzamac.
Soooo. Do we have a challenge comparison between a girl in an old A110 and you in the new?
Up and down Mt Buffalo? ...and yeah.. no contest...
Make a great magazine article and video.
Maybe with a drone courtesy of Bee grade videos?

If Caroline in the blue A110 is at the Rutherglen Classic February 2019 with Jeff Bee and his drone, and me in the new A110, it's a date. Perhaps a good article for Mille Miles magazine with Sonja as the wordsmith - she did such a good job writing up our Alpine adventures in the Victorian Alps for the magazine and other news outlets.

New Alpine A110 Its Here

It is finally here!

Got a chance to get my bum in one at Motorclassica today.

Love the seats and the steering wheel and the paddles are at your finger tips, loved the blue colour.

Still don't like centre screen, but thats a small price to pay for such a nice car.

Stick your bum in it and feel the blood rush upstairs to the brain.
...and kaboom! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
Don't even have to drive one...
So get your bum to Motorclassica this weekend.

Better get your order in soon as half the initial allocation has sold already! https://www.caradvice.com.au/694449/alpine-a110-allocation-australia/

Alpine a110 sales.JPG

And in an ambitious challenge to Porsche https://www.caradvice.com.au/694621/alpine-a110-porsche-718/

Last edited:
Got to see the Alpine in person and wow.

Wonderful wonderful car.

I have always dreamt of owning a 911 (since a kid) but the original A110 was also a wonderful car that I would like to own.

The new one captures it's spirit in a lovely, modern way.

I think this is the most critical piece I have read so far, but don't forget Pommy motoring writers have a jaundiced eye when it comes to all things French and they are also properly pissed off that Caterham dropped the ball on the joint development of what has become the new Alpine A110. Lotus is no longer British owned, Aston Martin are using AMG engines in the DB11, no wonder the Poms are a bit snakey!

Sooo.... how does it stack up against a Mc Laren??

Well, sort of alongside one.

Check out you tube.
Autocar A110 V Mclaren 570.

First drive in Australia !!

Hi :)
The SMH Drive in Saturdays paper has a report on the Alpine A110. "Is this the best sports car you've never heard of ? " A drive in the Targa High Country rally ! Sounds like they liked it :approve::approve:
Read the full version at drive .com.au
Enjoy Jaahn

Read that. Lovely car if you could take the roof off :)
Wonder how it compares to a Lotus Elise? I think they are in the same price range?

Must agree with the bit:- DSC05971.jpg [h=2]Easy in, easy out?[/h]"The Alpine sits very low to the road, providing a terrific low centre of gravity which requires crouching and contorting to get inside the cabin. But once inside there is a surprising amount of room all around"

Still, if they could remove the ventilation control surround on the bottom of the dash that stuck into my left knee, I may have put down my deposit. I loved the car. :cheers:

Haven't had a chance to sit in an Alpine but i find it easy to get into an Elise @ 181cm. Suppose if you are much taller it would be a squeeze?

At Perth Coffee and Cars Sun 18th

Courtesy of Richard Hewes of Magic Group/Melville Renault showed his new A110-50 at Coffee and Cars in Perth yesterday. With a special section for new and classic Renault. It sure got a lot of attention.

20181118_094830.jpg20181118_100949.jpeg20181118_101043.jpg

I believe this is not one of the cars for the Australian allocation, but a personal import.

I have changes my mind a bit on the car, but really liked the interior.

Ray

Pictures by "nauli" who sat in the car with me, he behind the wheel and he fitted very well.

At Perth Coffee and Cars Sun 18th

Courtesy of Richard Hewes of Magic Group/Melville Renault showed his new A110-50 at Coffee and Cars in Perth yesterday. With a special section for new and classic Renault. It sure got a lot of attention.

View attachment 110922View attachment 110923View attachment 110924

I believe this is not one of the cars for the Australian allocation, but a personal import.

I have changes my mind a bit on the car, but really liked the interior.

Ray

Pictures by "nauli" who sat in the car with me, he behind the wheel and he fitted very well.

The seats are superb (from Sabelt I believe).....and the driving position is excellent....a bit more room than my A110

A few more...

Attachments

• 20181118_080559.jpg
    20181118_080559.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 20181118_080609.jpg
    20181118_080609.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 195