New Alpine - will we really see one on the road?

The people who don't like the new Alpine, in this thread, are the people who haven't driven one. Or those who are happy to let their biased view of DSG transmissions color their judgement. :crazy:

I'd drive one in a flash. :evil:

Me too. But I'd be wishing it was a manual. (Not so though if I was competing on the track.)

Doesn't have one and doesn't need one for the simple reason there is no room to put one :D

That's why the new A110 had to grow in size. To fit a centre console in..........:approve:

R-Link 2 if you don't mind! Robmac wouldn't drive one if it had Apple content!:D

Actually my signature image lies.

Our household has recently embraced Apple products in a big.Two I phones and an Ipad mini and I'm looking at Apple TV box to get rid the PC behind the TV.

It's so pleasing to see there are some that appreciate a traditional sports car with a manual gearbox. For that reason alone I think Porsche and Lotus will prosper, as will the MX5 & 86/BRZ. I'm slowly getting around to owning them all - only the Lotus to go.

Actually my signature image lies.

Our household has recently embraced Apple products in a big.Two I phones and an Ipad mini and I'm looking at Apple TV box to get rid the PC behind the TV.

:eek:

Why eek ?

Can't one move across operating systems and platforms and pick the most suitable for their own needs ?

This would seem to absolute commonsense to me.

I don't need to like the company's marketing strategy or the way they resource their hardware to be comfortable with the UI.

Why eek ?

Can't one move across operating systems and platforms and pick the most suitable for their own needs ?

This would seem to absolute commonsense to me.

I don't need to like the company's marketing strategy or the way they resource their hardware to be comfortable with the UI.

Totally agree, was just surprised :)

How are you finding life on the dark side?

I hope you haven't looked inside any new MB products lately! They all have tablets stuck out of their dash! Alpine could have filled the dashboard with steam gauges for the sentimental types as an option I guess!

Totally agree, was just surprised :)

How are you finding life on the dark side?

The phones are easy to use. I'm not so wedded to the "under the bonnet" stuff 'tho.

Just need some time to get more familiar I think.

My wife finds her IPhone 6s great.

I hope you haven't looked inside any new MB products lately! They all have tablets stuck out of their dash! Alpine could have filled the dashboard with steam gauges for the sentimental types as an option I guess!

Must be the latest fashion, doesn't mean I have to like it :)

The phones are easy to use. I'm not so wedded to the "under the bonnet" stuff 'tho.

Just need some time to get more familiar I think.

My wife finds her IPhone 6s great.

Was given an Iphone by my employer, didn't like it at first, but now I have got familiar with it we have a better relationship.

Must be the latest fashion, doesn't mean I have to like it :)

If I were driving a new A110 I probably wouldn't notice the screen because I'd be too busy looking out of the side windows......:headbang:

here's some Alpines you may not see on the road: the Cup versions....

"RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!'
I have just returned from France and Switzerland.
Saw my first new A110 in the flesh in Champex and the second in Dieppe.
No others seen on the road...and we did over 4000KM.
Been for a ride in one, and fellas and gals, it is FABULOUS!!!
Am I biased? - well, yes, but the press from spoilt rich ratbags to respected motoring
journos have been highly impressed.

I am definitely in the manual gearbox/driver involvement camp and hopeful of a possible
manual version.
BUT sadly the huge success of the Premiere edition and the design brief from the start
dictated EDC only.
Up to now, production has been 15 per day. 20 is the eventual target after this summer break.
That means an annual production of around 5000.
There are now over 5000 on back order and growing, meaning a wait of 12 to 18 months.
So why in hell would Alpine bother wit a manual version?

1 It would require a redesign and homologation for all the recipient countries.

2 The EDC is extremely compact (in width) to fit between the chassis members.
The Megane RS gearbox is much larger (as is the Megane EDC)

3 Renault have publicly stated that Alpine will not be a one hit wonder, so they will
spend their money on other designs - SUV's have been speculated about.

4 And a number of reasons we can only guess at.

What seems to be missing in this whole conversation is if you look at the driver booting a new A110 around the Nurbegring his hands do not leave the steering wheel - surely a great advantage over a manual box - especially when you are in race mode. I love manual gear changes like everyone here but, like Steve, having driven one on a test drive between Paris and Versailles I am hugely impressed beyond expectations with the car and in particular with the gear changes. All the reviews by the press are, without exception, also very impressed although some wonder why no manual. If you have driven an old A110, you can only wonder how much technology has advanced over the gear changes in the older version. Every review I have read about the old A110 lament its gear changes.

I have been told that a new A110 is currently on its way to Oz for display purposes and that customer cars, including mine, will arrive about mid November. All blue Premier Editions.

I have been told that a new A110 is currently on its way to Oz for display purposes and that customer cars, including mine, will arrive about mid November. All blue Premier Editions.

Not jealous a bit....jealous A LOT!!!!