My Full GTi6 Conversion (Pics Included)

So have u driven it? Are you happy with it?
On friday arvo i got to drive it for about 2 mins. The car had no tailights headlights blinkers or rego and thus was slightly illegal.

I took it down the sidestreet at my dads workshop.

To tell you the truth the car is better than i ever expected it to be. I didn't get it out of 2nd gear or get past 80kmph but the small drive i had i was blown away. The car absolutely hammers now its like a whole different car.

I hit about 70kmph just as i changed to 2nd gear and it chirps into 2nd with 205/40/ZR17 tyres whereas with the old motor it struggled to do a burnout.

Ummm what else the brakes....i cannot belive how good the car stops now. I didn;t put in the ABS and im glad. I stomped on the brakes trying to lock them up but they didn't. Also the brakes actually fill in my arches now they look good with the 17" rims and no crappy drums at the back now.

Exhaust note at idle is just a sweet sounding burble but wind it out and it now sounds like a Honda with VTEC. Its a bit loud(and tinny) for my liking but thats got to do with the GTi6 extractors ect.

Overall im very happy on Monday ill be getting a wheel alignment clean up the car give it a detail and itll be done. The GTi6 front bar is on and the car looks alot better. The whole dash cluster is in too.

I cannot wait till tommorow im counting down the minutes :)

Andreas i cant wait for sunday i need to cruise NOW....im counting down th days man. We are gonna rock that TeamAZM cruise :)

Are you going to bring your "rice pug" down?

WRCPUG:
...Ummm what else the brakes....i cannot belive how good the car stops now. I didn;t put in the ABS and im glad. I stomped on the brakes trying to lock them up but they didn't. Also the brakes actually fill in my arches now they look good with the 17" rims and no crappy drums at the back now.
Awesome job. How did you unlock the ECU? Or was yours ok?

BTW with the brakes.... I have a nice set of EBC Greenstuff Pads for your pug in the ForSale section wink

The car was sent to a Peugeot Dealer. They unlocked the ECU along with cutting a new key cause the ignition barrel was changed to the GTi6 one.

Mmmm green stuff eh? Me and my friend did a track day at calder he had the Green stuff and had no brake fade whatsoever me on the other hand was fading all over the place and lost brakes at 200kmph :(

Thanks ill check out the pads now do they make a big difference?

I think your 1st hand experience at track day says it all. :D

haha i think ill wait a bit...after driving the car all yesterday all i can say is

"im gonna loose my license"

this thing MAKES me speed and act like a rally driver....im still getting over how good the car is its better than i ever imagined.

I hit 70kmph in 1st and 110kmph in 2nd....i cant even get out of 3rd gear or ill be doing dangerous speeds on the road.

Check out the general section im gonna post up pics and my impressions with the Conversion

WRCPUG:
I hit 70kmph in 1st and 110kmph in 2nd....i cant even get out of 3rd gear or ill be doing dangerous speeds on the road.
No more hard days of changing gears every 20kph, lucky bastard.

haha man i used to be in your shoes. 2nd gear struggled to get me to 80kmph and the engine sounding like it was gonna die after 5000rpm.

I love the long first gear but im sitting at 3000rpm in 6th gear @ 100kmph. Is this normal for a GTi6?

Hmmm, I thought it was taller than that. 3,000@100kms is where my car sits.

i've been told the 6th gear is only good for freeway driving, it's like a second 5th gear?
what's your turning circle to the right like?

Alex, got another motor lying around, the 205 needs one!

you can drop a GTi-6 into 6th gear at 80km/h if you like and it pulls away nicely
on the other hand you can use it as a freeway gear
the whole idea of the box is that it is a close ratio box
6th gear is really only a little taller than normal 5th in a normal car
it's nothing like the 6th gear you get in a crummydore which is useless at anything below 110-120km/h

i've been told the 6th gear is only good for freeway driving, it's like a second 5th gear?
what's your turning circle to the right like?
Andreas thats what i though.....the Commodores and S15 200SX tere 6th gear is pretty useless and just chucked in for wank factor of " i have 6 gears". The GTi6 box was made by Peugeot Sport Division every ratio is perfectly matched. 6th gear pulls just as hard if not harder than 5th gear did in my old motor.

As for turning circle...its a bit worse than before and also the rims rub a bit cause of the new front bar. On Sunday Andreas make sure u come for a a spin man.