Motorkhanas in SE QLD?

How did you go? and how many tracks did you get to have a chop at?
Does your handbrake still work at all?
must have been bloody confusing with cones everywhere.

and how good was Ray coming 10th overall in his Westfield at Targa!
Not a bad result for a Westfield you would have to say.
Those Westfields go bloody well

Cal, I see in the results you had some problems finding your way around the flags. I think you even had a lady in a Datto beat you. Yes, I was beaten by Pauline in the occasional test years ago, when we were both regulars at Qld rounds. Her everyday drive is a transit van.

Yeah she can steer. I remember seeing her drive years ago at a motorkhana at the old airport. Very impressive. I worked out I would not have done too badly if I could bloody work out which direction to go. I'll do a few more this year. Only got one in last year. You doing any this year mate? You've got 2 perfect cars for it. :)

Cheers,

Cal.

Cal,
I did motorkhanas from '85 to 2002, and just got a little tired of them, won some trophies and wore out some tyres. The handbrake in the 306 is nowhere as good as the two 405s and the 205 before it. I would even suggest my last series 2 405 was a better handling car for m/khanas even if the power steering used to go to town on the longer tests. I certainly enjoyed beating supposed fast cars in my stock 405 SRI.

That was one of the first times I met you. Up at QR when you were running the 405 in the motorkhana serires. Whatever year that was. Maybe 1999/2000? You won your class that year, which ever year it was.

Anyway, I was talking about you coming out once more and having a punt in the 4CV or the M3. Either would be cool, but I thought the Renault might be fun considering where the engine is and how much power it has. Everything gets boring if you do it all the time, but it's been a couple of years, so come out next time for a laugh.

Cheers,

Cal.

PS Handbrake in the 5 doesn't work very well, so I didn't use it. Next time I will sort out the handbrake, work out which way to go, and resist the temtation to slide it around so much. :mallet:

Cheers,

Cal.

Last edited:
I won my class, and the series on handicap a few years in a row in both 405s, eventually being handicapped out of the game.
Can't see well enough out of the 750 in reverse, don't know about the handbrake, and the 2002 is making slow progress toward a date on the track this year.