Melbourne Cruise Poll

There is a possibility that I won't be able to make it in the 405. I won't be able to confirm if I'm coming until mid week.
Ignition system failed completely on Friday afternoon. It's been sitting in North Melbourne all weekend and will be towed to the workshop tomorrow. Not a hint of spark coming from the distributor. Hopefully it's a minor component failure.

Can't rent a Budget Clio or Laguna, unfortunately (under 25). I could take a BMW on the cruise, but that just wouldn't be right.....

<small>[ 16 February 2003, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Jez 405 ]</small>

Jez 405:
There is a possibility that I won't be able to make it in the 405. I won't be able to confirm if I'm coming until mid week.
Ignition system failed completely on Friday afternoon. It's been sitting in North Melbourne all weekend and will be towed to the workshop tomorrow. Not a hint of spark coming from the distributor. Hopefully it's a minor component failure.

Can't rent a Budget Clio or Laguna, unfortunately (under 25). I could take a BMW on the cruise, but that just wouldn't be right.....
Jez,

Let Miriam know Melinda can't make it this cruise......and that she's still waiting to hear all about London via email :D

Hope you get your car sorted out in time.....

hmmm, this means I need to find another hapless passenger to scare witless..... :)
________
Live sex

Last edited:
I'll be a scared passenger if u like DTwo... I'll be attending as photographer again :rolleyes: (*spits in cressida's empty carport space*)

I'll be there. How early should we arrive to these drives btw?? dance

Thanks Bernie for your efforts too.

Cheers,

Todd.

<small>[ 18 February 2003, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: vite ]</small>

DoubleChevron:

... dunno about getting down to the cruise as well, we could push it.

seeya,
Shane L.
hekhek... yup, we could push your sitrohen to the cruise, or i could just tow it along mallet .

Great fotos too shane wink .

one foto has a sitrohen in its natural surroundings - on bricks in the garage. obviously problems with that wierd up and down suspension :D .

two fotos with a sitrohen parked on the grass - obviously waiting to get towed... that damned wierd suspension roll_lau the obvious culprit

and one other with a sitrohen, seemingly doin warp speed down some autobahn, but obviously parked (dangerously) in the middle of the road, and again waiting for a towie roll_lau whip . damned hydraulics... "shouldve bought a pwerjo, instead". mallet .

ahihi... nah, seriously, great fotos. be great to see'm (and those wenalts) on z cruze,

gotta lub dose prench caz,

pugjet black_ey

EDIT: ive so jinxed maself. parts r gonna fly off ma 205 like theres no 2mro... yikes!

<small>[ 18 February 2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: pugjet ]</small>

Hi Guys,

can you send me a map just incase I do make it ?

By the way, if I do make it I want to follow Pugjet, it'll be good to watch his little 205 with that scary spring suspension rattle his kidneys out while I cruise along on suspended by nitrogen & oil roll_lau roll_lau :p :p :D clown
seeya,
Shane L.

... despite delay, we may have our first "serious" sitrohen inquiry head_ban .

someone send Shane a map and a beer, already.

And someone shout me a lap dance :D .

Let's roll,

pugjet

p.s. yeah shane, the rides as harsh as you could possibly imagine, specially now that chloes runn'n lower profile tyres... all the change i have in ma pockets always seem to work their way onto the floor mallet . Lets call it errr, character :rolleyes: .

if ever you intend to follow me (thats of course if your wierd car(?), unidentified flying object, rather... can keep up with uzz pwerjoes), you may also need to dodge flying bits off ma pug kisses whip .

Hi Pugjet,

I've been looking at the cruise map, it looks to be waaaaayyyyy out the otherside of Melbourne to me (in Ballarat). That should make thing interesting. It's always a llloooooooooonnnnnngggggg trip through Melbourne.

Can I keep up with you?? On normal roads ...... I'll probably overtake you (0-100 in just over 7seconds). On a twisty low speed road like the Great Ocean Racetrack you should be able to easily pull away from me (if you can drive like me that is ....ie: suicidaly roll_lau roll_lau )

Citroen rule out on the open road, mini's/205's/R5turbo's are un-beatable on narrow windy roads :D

seeya,
Shane L.

Jez 405:

Jez 405,
I reckon I could handle the BMW... I mean, on our last Sydney cruise we had a Porsche.

Justin & Nick: how long did it take you to get out of the Avalon carpark on Sunday? Sheesh!!! That, and the security guards became 'carpark nazis'

Ah it's all good :)
See everyone on Saturday,
Derek. (who is clocking an extra 2000km on the car to do the cruise so it'd better be good!)

I think my watch said something like 1:12 to get out of the carpark :)

Hope for good weather, not too hot, not too cold, not too wet, but just right. I know that's asking much being in Melbourne, but last time we were lucky (that is, if you have aircon :)

Pug307:
I think my watch said something like 1:12 to get out of the carpark :)

Hope for good weather, not too hot, not too cold, not too wet, but just right. I know that's asking much being in Melbourne, but last time we were lucky (that is, if you have aircon :)
That's 1 HOUR 12mins !!!
We just saw heaps of bored cops in there SS Commodores, but didnt find any Carpark Nazis :D

I'm hoping for something around the 23 degree mark. That way it will be cool enough not to need a/c, AND the cars will run better with the cooler air.

HOWEVER, so far the forecast for Saturday is shows, possible thunder storms and a top of 32 dead :mad: disappro

Jez 405:
I could take a BMW on the cruise, but that just wouldn't be right.....
Why not? If we've had Toyotas and Porsches about before, a BMW should be fine :)

(so long as it's a real BMW, i.e. has at least six cylinders wink )

rek:
Jez 405:
I could take a BMW on the cruise, but that just wouldn't be right.....
Why not? If we've had Toyotas and Porsches about before, a BMW should be fine :)

(so long as it's a real BMW, i.e. has at least six cylinders wink )
I got the choice of a 2002 318i or 1988 750iL (that enough cylinders for you?). Still, I'd rather take the Pug if it's available then. News on the Pug is that the crank angle sensor failed, and the distributor rotor was on it's way out. Thanks for all the kind words.

*bump***

hi guys,

for those of you "in z knows", what are the official numbers for the cruise? Who are they and what choice of ride?

ta cheers! ,

Regs

hi Shane,

so does that mean youll be at the cruise, sir? eek! :( wink .

be great to finally give a sitrohen a once over.

Oh, and just one other thang, ma mates bringing along a 505 auto wagon... one car your wierd sitrohen would have no problems keeping up with :p .

let's roll,

pugjet

P.S. the more the merrier... so pencil it in for this saturday ;p~~~

Hi Pugjet,

haven't decided if I'll be there yet. It's just so damn far from my place. It'd be a 2-3hours drive to get to the starting point (depending on traffic). If the French car day wasn't Sunday we'd just chuck the tent in & camp over that side of Melbourne, Ang said she'd like to go over there to have a look.... There's no way to get to cruise other than through Melbourne to the start point, then back through Melbourne once it's finished. It'd be a very long day ...

seeya,
Shane L.

Hi Shane,

Yeah, i could see (clearly) where your dilemma is :( .

If anything, i'll make sure i say hi at the afd on sunday... and err, you could rib me for all ma razzing :D .

hmmm... thinking about the next cruise, already. maybe we could have it on the otherside of town. dunno any good drives, except for the great ocean racetrack and a few around daylesford.

neways, take it easy, kiddo...

pugjet

P>S. the sitrohen's probably still on bricks, ey?ahihi... onli jokling clown .

DoubleChevron:
It's just so damn far from my place.
Same here... moon

I just paid 114.9c per litre to fill up so I can drive down tomorrow. It'd better be good :D

Derek