Melbourne Cruise Poll

DeKa:
I just paid 114.9c per litre to fill up so I can drive down tomorrow. It'd better be good :D

Derek
say what??? eek! :mad: . thats ****n ridiculous! honestly.

gees, im gonna leave "chloe" at home and take my peugeot push bike instead mallet .

ciao, im off to the local bowser and fill her up, right away. hopefully prices havent gone up yet.

EDIT: have a safe trip down to melbourne, Deka. see ya when u get 'ere cheers!

forecast for saturday is a balmy 32 degrees and late thunder storms.

<small>[ 20 February 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: pugjet ]</small>

Yeah, I filled up last night at 101.9cpl for BP Ultimate, to avoid the price jack-up that happens Thurs/Fri. BTW some BP stations seem to be half- or a full day out of kilter with everyone else (they jack up their prices later) so you might still be able to find some decent quality fuel at a good price.

They say it's going to be a few showers and 27 now.

<a href="http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDV10450.txt" target="_blank">http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDV10450.txt</a>

(edit: pasted the wrong url, oops)

<small>[ 20 February 2003, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: rek ]</small>

DTwo:

Let Miriam know Melinda can't make it this cruise......and that she's still waiting to hear all about London via email :D

Hope you get your car sorted out in time.....

hmmm, this means I need to find another hapless passenger to scare witless..... :)
Waiting to hear about London from me? Cool! I didn't get her Email - pray tell?
Looks like both Miriam and the Pug won't be making it to the cruise, (one is working, one is dead. Guess which) so hope you guys enjoy yourselves.

So Jeremy, you're not bringing a BMW? Either of them would be great (although I'd imagine that the 318i would be more suitable for a twisty mountain road).

Oh yeah, I paid 101.3 cents per litre for BP Ultimate this morning. Mind you, the BP up the road from me had normal PULP (95 octane) for 103.4 cents p/L at the same time...

Query here? Is this the longest EVER thread....... if so.... i just wanted to be a part of it, im not coming on yor cruise. though i wish i was..... then again maybe not. DEKA get lotsa photos will ya..
Xq

PS in sydney BP ultimate for $1.25... so don't complain too much..... or just remove your plates and drive off, no DONT do that. Some sales Exec @ BP/SHELL/Mobil might not get that ivory scratcher this month.

Yes, it is the longest thread on Aussiefrogs, we beat the SYD thread a little while back - I was just waiting to see how far it would go :) It has been very on topic too for most of the thread.

Anyway, lunch has been booked for the cruise now, and a certain road has been tested (probably better for bruising rather than cruising :) ), so it should be good fun - especially those able to come for the northern part of the cruise.

Paid $1.019 for my BP Ultimate today. Statistically, in Melbourne, Thursday is the cheapest day for purchasing petrol.

Just hope the weather improves.

Today went out of my way to get BP Ultimate and got it for $1.04, usually get Optimax aroudn the corner. Full tank so should make it back home after the cruise. :)

<small>[ 21 February 2003, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: PULS8R ]</small>

Justin, Tim told me the 'bruising' part that you've found is great fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing the road. Just hope the old pug holds up. It had quite a bit of a workout yesterday which resulted in the brake master cylinder leaking and smoke coming from under the car (oil on the exaughst leaking from the rocker cover).

Don't worry folks, I always carry a fire extinguisher (although it is so small I'm not sure if it could put a match out eek! )

mallet

Does that mean I have to bring mine too :D

Lunch arrangements have been made from a recommendation - the hotel would like us to take a set menu option (eg. $16.50 for a lamb or chicken meal) if we arrive after 1.30. If we arrive a little earlier, I'd imagine we'd rather take a la carte.

Comments?

... sounds mighty delectable, justin.

i couldnt care less if we had a sit down meal at some fancy joint or microwaved chicken rolls down a nearby convenience store.

Some may prefer to bring along lunch.

i'd even be content to just chuggle on ma pepsi max and smoke ma styvos, at the allocated pit stops :D .

im easy. whatever pleases the masses, will undoubtedly please yours truly approve .

ultimately, the food is secondary mallet head_ban .

bow,

pugjet

P.S. melbourne weather sucks. gives me every reason to not wash the car, though :D .

EDIT: im an illiterate sonova.

<small>[ 21 February 2003, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: pugjet ]</small>

Sergetov:
I'll be a scared passenger if u like DTwo... I'll be attending as photographer again :rolleyes: (*spits in cressida's empty carport space*)
Cool,

sounds like you're going to be able to play musical cars tomorrow.....lots to choose from!.....just hope the music doesn't stop :)
________
BEST VAPORIZER

Last edited:
Hell I'd like to be a passenger with ya Dtwo!

I'd have to find someone to drive The Large and Spongy One... clown

I'm easy for lunch as well. Something French would be kinda cool, but I'd doubt we'd find anything. I could always bring along this French CD my dad has (sorta jazzy stuff but has french vocals).

EDIT: I'm not suggesting we eat the CD, rather listen to it while we eat actual food :D

cheers!

<small>[ 21 February 2003, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: nJm ]</small>

Originally posted by Pug307:
I think my watch said something like 1:12 to get out of the carpark

Hope for good weather, not too hot, not too cold, not too wet, but just right. I know that's asking much being in Melbourne, but last time we were lucky (that is, if you have aircon
wow 1:12 to get out?? .. took us less than 2mins driving at 80+ clicks to get out, that was leaving right on the last air display!! .. took a bit longer to get into the airsho, around 20mins, then at least 30mins to get tickets : ((

cyu all in the morrow!

<small>[ 21 February 2003, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: vite ]</small>

DTwo: I have heard from my mechanic that my cars 7M-GE had the bottom end done just before I purchased it. Only that such a shoddy job was done, now the whole thing is looking rather rooted :mad:

It appears the previous owner did'nt know about this problem (he sounded devestated over the phone when I told him (I wanted to know if he had the service history, not just hiding it)... some people get quite emotionally attached to their Cressida's, believe it or not...).

It is amazing how much one incompetent mechanic can cost people. The previous owner spent upwards of $7000 on the Cressida, now me spending $4000 of my parents money.... It's not pretty. The rest of the car (suspension, new auto, interior, electrics, body) are flawless (has only had one parking dent in its lifetime)so I think its probably worth fixing.

BTW the road Justin has added to the cruise route is WELL WORTH IT!!!! so much fun!!! :D

hmmm, maybe next time we could go by Sacrebleau (spelling? ah who cares) in Olinda? ... ahhh steak frites, yummmmm! cheers!

nJm:
Hell I'd like to be a passenger with ya Dtwo!

I'd have to find someone to drive The Large and Spongy One... clown

I'm easy for lunch as well. Something French would be kinda cool, but I'd doubt we'd find anything. I could always bring along this French CD my dad has (sorta jazzy stuff but has french vocals).

EDIT: I'm not suggesting we eat the CD, rather listen to it while we eat actual food :D

cheers!

nJm:
So Jeremy, you're not bringing a BMW? Either of them would be great (although I'd imagine that the 318i would be more suitable for a twisty mountain road).
Well, the 750iL was involved in a collision with a Camry and a Suzuki, so it's languishing at Woods accident repair in Mount Waverley with slightly secondhand front and rear bumper bars. Apparently $3k+ worth of damage to the Suzuki (they don't seem to hold together well against 505's or 750's, do they?). Impeccable timing. Thus, my mum's going to need the 318i so that's out of the question.

Wish we'd found out earlier as you could have come along with me! Progress would be slow, but extremely comfortable :D

If you happen to be online, I'll be driving through Mt Waverley around 7:45am so ring me on 0421840104

<small>[ 22 February 2003, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: nJm ]</small>

Thanks guys, Kylie and I only hung around till Yarra Junction but had a great time anyway. :D

This was our first drive with the rocket but I'm sure we'll be around for the next one. Was thinking that some of the tiny back roads to Colac / Grampians might be pretty good, but might not provide so much opportunity to spin 360, nudge embankments, etc. wink .. although the road up the hill at Halls Gap could be an exception .. look out for those tourists! eek!

Can't wait for everyone's pics, my video assistant was a bit slack - she was to busy clutching her seat, hehehe.

Excellent day, well done.

cheers!