Many Fault Code for 2008, MY 2018 1.2Lt

You need to look carefully the problem normally starts at the drive side of the belt

He will keep an eye on it .... the photos and description in this thread sure do convince you not to ignore this. His looks like the brand new belt above with clear bright writing.... so fingers crossed it stays intact!

Peugeot recently released details of its latest generation 1.2 turbo which is designed for the upgraded Hybrid vehicles appearing later this year (but maybe not here).

Whatya know it now comes with a timing chain instead of a wet belt.

I will assemble the crankshaft bolt with oil lubrication on threads and under the flanged head.

Check with your local dealer, but my understanding is that torque figures are generally quoted for clean and dry threads unless advised to lubricate e.g. the head bolts on this engine. There is a tightening order for the pulley bolts. Clockface: Top-12, 4.30, 7.30, 1.30, 6, 10.30.

The spindly thing in your kit is a gauge to check the width of the belt through the oil filler. The belt should not be wider than the gauge.

Check with your local dealer, but my understanding is that torque figures are generally quoted for clean and dry threads unless advised to lubricate e.g. the head bolts on this engine. There is a tightening order for the pulley bolts. Clockface: Top-12, 4.30, 7.30, 1.30, 6, 10.30.

The spindly thing in your kit is a gauge to check the width of the belt through the oil filler. The belt should not be wider than the gauge.
Hi.

All noted, thanks.

dmccurtayne - do you know if these crankshaft and pulley bolt threads need to be clean and dry or oil lubricated prior to torqueing?

Cheers.

Hi.

New fasteners are ordered.

The cranshaft front pulley lip seal was priced at $130, so I will be retaining mine as it is not leaking currently and hopefully I can be carefull and not nick the lip.

cheers.

Hi.

I placed my order for the camshaft timing and locking tool in early Feb from a UK supplier. The left hand table is the Royal Mail International tracking site. The right hand table is Australia Post tracking.

The goods have sat in Los Angeles since 26 Feb, and today I receive an alert from Aust Post that the goods have arrived in Melbourne airport.

What I found interesting is that until today the Aust Post site shows only the despatch date, but no activity until received in Melbourne.
The Royal Mail site shows all tracking but not despatch from LA USA.

Anyway it should arrive this weeki.

Cheers.

1678595711012.png
1678595316971.png

That's about normal. I find parts can cover multiple countries in a day then "dissappear" for quite a length of time. They often arrive and get collected before the tracking shows its in australia.

I found an purchased a metal dipstick for the rcz on ebay. It took over 2months to get here :eek:

Hi.

Our vehicle was included in the second recent "potential loss of braking assistance" KGH recall programme, as our vehicle (MY May 2017) was outside the scope of the earlier JZR programme. The warranty repair job was completed recently by a dealer. That saved me from needing to get the job completed myself. As we had been travelling away I hadn’t had a chance to have the vehicle for two days to do the job myself as I had initially planned. As they are now superfluous, I will offer my Dayco 941128 camshaft timing belt and valve timing kit for sale if anyone is interested.

After I drove the vehicle home I visually checked over the engine, and it seems that the vacuum pump has been replaced, as well as all the other components as part of the recall.

I noticed that the engine oil level was 25mm overfilled.

1688544910498.png

Interestingly the low oil pressure warning light never came on again since the foreign matter was cleared from the oil pump suction gauze a several months ago.

Image of the original replaced cam timing belt - The foreign matter all seemed to come from the ID of the belt, as the back was intact.

Cheers.

1688544949669.png

1688544978825.png

As for your list 40 ish codes; they appear when you pull connections while the battery is still connected (safety feautre)
Clearing the codes and restrating is the Best way.

Some engine codes, by memory dissappear when you shot off the engine/Ig.
Like the gearbox service pullover on the Renaults/Citroens.

Hope you find the cause "OIL Pump, cummon, the code is not a grinding sound followed by high oil temperatures

OLD SCHOOL