Lifetime Renault Collection Kaniva Victoria

We'll all get over it and I know why they did it but there were times the SA closures went over the top with the military and the drones. Funny even, kayakers being arrested for crossing the river, the swaggie picked up in the forest, the desperados riding freight trains and being caught by dogs, a border closed as tightly as any foreign border, sure stuffs up cross border trade. So best abide by the SA regulations and be aware things can close anywhere at short notice. But all should be safe for this auction.

While I don't expect to buy any cars, I have 10 already, I may be keen on manuals or badges etc. Are there provisions in place that the goods could be posted around Australia? I only saw that pick up was available next day. The larger auction houses Lloyds, Grays etc have a freight system in place, and at some auctions that is the only option available.

My application is in for acceptance. Choosing not to be able to buy livestock saves hassle when signing up.
Hi Alan, wow! lovely collection of cars you have. Interesting 16TS in the 4CV. My cousin in Adelaide put a 16TS in a Dauphine a few years back. This vehicle went to someone in Darwin.

Yes postage services are available. Our agent is planning to put a $10 postage surcharged for those wanting this service. All going to plan the lot numbers should be visible on AuctionsPlus later today and any on forwarding details also. regards Hamish

Thank you for the reply Hamish. Yes I have some other cars also, not French, and then there are the 10 motorcycles. I hope all goes well with the auction of your Dad's collection. Given the interest on here, I expect most will be sold. Will there be reserves set?

Plenty to admire by the sounds of it. I have kept a 62 Floride from Dads collection so will keep the passion going. There will be some reserves i.e. blue 4CV and a couple of others. No point in letting go at very low bids as I would be better off to find some storage myself and keep them. Hope to see your collection some day. cheers Hamish

You would be welcome to visit if you are up in Qld.
I think it is sensible to set reserves on the cars. A Floride is a beautifully styled car, and go adequately with the Dauphine Gordini engine and 4 speed. Most of the four speeds do sound like they are grinding rocks in first gear. I expect the damage done whilst there is little oil in the box in times gone past where there was little interest in them, and the design of the box.. I would love a better gearbox for my wife's Dauphine G. I haven't seen any in the auction.

thankyou. Dad had a standard Dauphine until about 5 years ago. He bumped into the son of the original owners from new and they wanted to buy it back for sentimental reasons so Dad happily obliged. There is a couple of dauphine gearboxes & rear ends only. cheers Hamish

Ditto if you slip over to Perth!

I hope it all goes really well. Hopefully the word is out....

Ditto if you slip over to Perth!

I hope it all goes really well. Hopefully the word is out....
yes John will take the offer up. My wife and I spent 6 years in Perth and my sister and my wife's brother still live there. We were suppose to visit last year. Highly likely next year when Covid settles down and everyone vaccinated. Looks like the word is definitely out there as there is over 5000 hits on Dads Youtube Channel so far. My brother & I will get to Alan's at some time as well. We have a boys fishing trip to QLD every few years. cheers Hamish

Just logged in to the auction plus site and got this notice: Is this so? we have a delay...

1615686341908.png

thanks everyone for letting me know. It is definitely not cancelled. It should look like below. The time has changed to ending Monday 8pm however. Let me know if you are still getting the cancelled message. thanks Hamish

1615787950740.png

There were several serious bids within a few minutes, which is encouraging for the Mines family. Hope it goes really well.

Hmmm, I'm not seeing any bids/prices.
There were bids on every item at 0617 Perth time. I've bid on a few manuals, and the bids are up there when I log in.

You have to connect to the auction using the green tab AFAIK. Works for me but I am registered to bid.

1616116477809.png

1616116299074.png

Lots are listed with a starting price. They are always "near reserve". When they hit reserve they go to "on the market". If your bid doesn't make reserve there is a short period at the end of auction to raise the bid to reserve. The normal practice is to ring the selling agent and negotiate. The lot flashes when a bid is made.

Lots are listed with a starting price. They are always "near reserve". When they hit reserve they go to "on the market". If your bid doesn't make reserve there is a short period at the end of auction to raise the bid to reserve. The normal practice is to ring the selling agent and negotiate. The lot flashes when a bid is made.
Thanks Russell. That makes perfect sense. I imagine this is said somewhere on the website but I didn't notice it. Regardless, it seems to work well on line. I do hope the sale goes well.

Reminder - only a couple of hours to go and quite a few lots that can be secured with a single bid.