Lifetime Renault Collection Kaniva Victoria

Some of them also have interesting furniture and household stuff, which might appeal to someone who isn't into tools and machinery. Especially when a farm has been been sold after long family ownership.

Roger

Damn I so want that 10S....

No chance in hell of being able to collect it myself from Canberra :(

Register beforehand and click onto an auction to see how it works. But be careful, if you watch a live auction like the Jerilderie Working Dog Auction today you may be caught up in the moment and come away $15000 or so poorer.

Damn I so want that 10S....

No chance in hell of being able to collect it myself from Canberra :(
Comrade Dan is letting people in and out again at the moment, hard to plan too far ahead though.

Comrade Dan is letting people in and out again at the moment, hard to plan too far ahead though.

That's a fairly impartial way to refer to the Victorian Premier, isn't it? Your jackboots must be a bit tight!

Russell's advice is sound. You can also watch an auction as a guest without registering and becoming an approved bidder. Here is an interesting one currently running that finishes on Monday evening:

https://auctionsplus.com.au/auctionV2/New/#/catalogue/45371

Click on "connect" then "log in as guest only". You will be able to watch the action but not bid. The action does not start in earnest until 7 pm the nominal end time, when the timer kicks in. One like that would probably go for at least half an hour after the nominal end time, and could go for an hour. So if you join at 7:30 or so you will have a few minutes of entertainment and education.

The duraction if the timer period is not easy to predict. I bought a couple of things at one that was supposed to finish at noon yesterday but it was nearly 2 pm before it finally ended.

Once you are an approved bidder you can set up a list of favourite lots in each auction so you don't have to scroll between widely dispersed lots to check their progress.

Roger

While I don't expect to buy any cars, I have 10 already, I may be keen on manuals or badges etc. Are there provisions in place that the goods could be posted around Australia? I only saw that pick up was available next day. The larger auction houses Lloyds, Grays etc have a freight system in place, and at some auctions that is the only option available.

My application is in for acceptance. Choosing not to be able to buy livestock saves hassle when signing up.

Normally when buying through Auction Plus you're dealing with a stock agent. You pay them and they arrange the freight. I don't know how it would work with a private seller with no agent.

While I don't expect to buy any cars, I have 10 already, I may be keen on manuals or badges etc. Are there provisions in place that the goods could be posted around Australia? I only saw that pick up was available next day. The larger auction houses Lloyds, Grays etc have a freight system in place, and at some auctions that is the only option available.

My application is in for acceptance. Choosing not to be able to buy livestock saves hassle when signing up.
Yes, I ticked the wrong box regarding livestock!!! If we were still in Adelaide I'd slip over and have a look at things. Dangerous though......

At the moment the SA/Vic border is open. Still need a permit to enter SA. Can close quickly but you usually have 12 hours notice. A run to Kaniva from all the Eastern States is at present possible and safe but you'd want to listen to the news.

We're driving from Perth to Yass in a couple of weeks. I'd better get my act together regarding permits...... Via Broken Hill you don't need to enter Victoria, one less variable!

Victoria's not a problem at the moment, in and out no checks, SA is the one to watch, you can get a permit online usually in a few hours but they still ask a weeks notice on their website. Not long ago you needed a current covid test to enter from Vic but they seem to have dropped that. Awkward for people like us who live on the border.

Victoria's not a problem at the moment, in and out no checks, SA is the one to watch, you can get a permit online usually in a few hours but they still ask a weeks notice on their website. Not long ago you needed a current covid test to enter from Vic but they seem to have dropped that. Awkward for people like us who live on the border.
Hi Russell :)
You need to apply for a "border bubble" so trade can continue there ;)
I just returned from VIC and nobody stopped me at the border this time and asked for a permit or even a covid test result. I was dissappointed :rolleyes:
Jaahn

We are in a border bubble. I know traffic is not being stopped at the border but the police in Mt Gambier have a practice of stopping interstate cars and checking for permits. Additionally there have been instances of border people being abused in Mt Gambier and their cars vandalized. The provisions around the border community pass have changed a great many times and we have taken the advice of the police sergeant on the border checkpoint, get what you need in your own state and don't come in here.