Lifetime Renault Collection Kaniva Victoria

RogerMines Reno

Tadpole
Hi Renault enthusiast! My father (Roger Mines) and I (son Hamish Mines) have been members since 2018 however access to the forum has been difficult due to IT issues with your platform. Now that it has been upgraded we can communicate with you. Unfortunately Roger has passed away and his wishes was for all Renault enthusiast to have access to his lifetime collection. I have included a summary of his collection in the profile & contact details. Outside the car and parts collection there is also a massive amount of model cars, manuals and dealer repair manuals. There is a online auction planned for Mar19-Mar21 on Auctions Plus and inspections in the weeks proceeding at Kaniva, Victoria. There is a preliminary listing attached. As further details come to hand I will update your all. His entire collection is in original condition except the blue 4CV in the profile picture and attachment. regards Hamish Mines

Updated with photos in Jpeg format to keep within the sites file size requirements. A web site link will be available later in the week so you can access all items (Nb Only 10 of 35 pages attached below). Even if you don't intend on buying any items Roger would have enjoyed you all viewing his collection. Regards Hamish

I found another Renault of Rogers over the weekend in another yard. It is a Fregate and has been stored outside. Details to follow. I also discovered that the R20 in the Preliminary Listing has been dismantled and will be in the parts offering only. All going to plan the collection will be open for inspection from Tuesday March 2nd (Kaniva, Victoria - address to be notified). If file size allows I will attached the photo of the Fregate. regards Hamish

Hello again Renault enthusiast. We have most of the collection now available for viewing. I took some video footage late yesterday which can be viewed at this link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBBsM7ZJOZ7EJPkckUT9xRQ

General Information can be found at this link https://www.westechag.com.au/property?property_id=695724

Parts information is still to be made available.

Viewing/Inspection is now available from 03/03/21 onwards at 47 MADDEN STREET, Kaniva Victoria 3419 · PH 03 5392 2266 during business hours M-F 8am-5.30pm and Sat 9am-11.30am.

All the best Regards Hamish Mines.

More video of individual Renaults posted on Youtube for viewing today (5/3/21). Enjoy at RogerMines Reno https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBBsM7ZJOZ7EJPkckUT9xRQ
Still working through the parts. Big job. If any of you come to visit please help me identify any unknown parts or items I have incorrectly identified. That would be a great help thankyou. Regards Hamish

Update (6/3/21 9am) after a big day of working through parts in different sheds. I have uploaded new footage on Youtube. I found heaps of new dealer workshop manuals from 17 Gordini to R4 and everything in between. No extra cars! Got the Fregate down to the holding yard although I think the diff is jammed. Still working through photographing and cataloging all the panels, engines, gearboxes, wheels and parts ready to go onto AuctionsPlus. Plenty of footage downloaded of today on Youtube (RogerMines Reno) of the many pallets of parts and smaller accessory parts on trestel tables. Best I can do until a full listing is compiled. cheers Hamish

Update (10/3/21 9am). All lot#information and descriptions have been sent to AuctionsPlus for uploading to their site and Lot# allocation. Hopefully this will be live viewing this Friday. In the mean time PDF updates with photo and description of all items have been updated on the WestechAg Realestate website https://www.westechag.com.au/property?property_id=695724
A big thankyou to Pete and George who visited on the weekend and helped me ID some items. regards Hamish

Update (12/3/21 10am). Lot# information with photo's of all items now visible on AuctionsPlus site. regards Hamish

Attachments

• Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection.pdf
    244.6 KB · Views: 791
  • Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Cars test-page1.jpeg
    Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Cars test-page1.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 278
  • Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Cars test-page2.jpeg
    Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Cars test-page2.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 281
  • Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Cars test-page3.jpeg
    Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Cars test-page3.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 275
  • Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Cars test-page4.jpeg
    Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Cars test-page4.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 279
  • Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Cars test-page5.jpeg
    Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Cars test-page5.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 288
  • Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Cars test-page6.jpeg
    Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Cars test-page6.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 278
  • Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Cars test-page7.jpeg
    Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Cars test-page7.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 271
  • Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Books & Manuals-page01.jpeg
    Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Books & Manuals-page01.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 270
  • Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Books & Manuals-page02.jpeg
    Est Roger L Mines Renault Collection with Photos - Books & Manuals-page02.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Thanks David. Roger has mentioned you many times and I have found some of your business cards and communications amongst his collection. Rogers partner Erica is still living in Kaniva but will soon moved to Melbourne after the sale. Hope to meet soon. Nb. I am yet to work out who's R8 was used (can't remember if gordini or not) in my brother, Damien wedding many many years ago. Perhaps it was yours that Dad organised on this special day. Regards Hamish

Good you posted here too Hamish. So sorry about Roger.

Best wishes, and for the auction.

Thanks David. Roger has mentioned you many times and I have found some of your business cards and communications amongst his collection. Rogers partner Erica is still living in Kaniva but will soon moved to Melbourne after the sale. Hope to meet soon. Nb. I am yet to work out who's R8 was used (can't remember if gordini or not) in my brother, Damien wedding many many years ago. Perhaps it was yours that Dad organised on this special day. Regards Hamish
Was Paul Groome’s R8 I believe

Yes I have photo on my notice board still of when he used my 8g 1134 as wedding car I’m so sorry to hear this he was a lovely man, and would drop in when he was able to.. will be missed

Last edited:
I'd post this in Part for sale and Cars for sale too, just belt and braces. It is both after all.

It wasn't me. I didn't have an R8 back then. Pretty sure it was Paul Groomes Gordini.

Hi Renault enthusiast! My father (Roger Mines) and I (son Hamish Mines) have been members since 2018 however access to the forum has been difficult due to IT issues with your platform. Now that it has been upgraded we can communicate with you. Unfortunately Roger has passed away and his wishes was for all Renault enthusiast to have access to his lifetime collection. I have included a summary of his collection in the profile & contact details. Outside the car and parts collection there is also a massive amount of model cars, manuals and dealer repair manuals. There is a online auction planned for Mar19-Mar21 on Auctions Plus and inspections in the weeks proceeding at Kaniva, Victoria. There is a preliminary listing attached. As further details come to hand I will update your all. His entire collection is in original condition except the blue 4CV in the profile picture and attachment. regards Hamish Mines
Here is the pic Roger took of my 8 at wedding

Attachments

• C933EB5C-61AA-4582-9750-51F4C3F93EA2.jpeg
    C933EB5C-61AA-4582-9750-51F4C3F93EA2.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 151
thanks Paul for confirming great to know. Here is another shot with what I think is a R20. Is this yours too?

Attachments

• Paul Grooms Renault R8 Gordini AutoParis.jpg
    Paul Grooms Renault R8 Gordini AutoParis.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 159
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for taking interest in Dad's collection. I have the preliminary list with photos all organised now. I'm not sure if I start a new post or update this thread. Could someone confirm I am reaching out to everyone by posting in this thread. If I should post differently please let me know how.

Feel free to forward to any other interested Renault people. Dad would be very happy to know you have all enjoyed his collection even if not intending to buy.

I'll post panels & parts photos as soon as Andrews lets us out again! I will also provide better photos of cars once I get them all out of the sheds. I will also update descriptions with comments Dad passed onto me before he died about going order status of cars and any issues he was aware of , or could remember at the time.

Have a good thrill going through all the photos as I do when I visit his sheds.

Nb check out Roger and his Renaults in his 20's in the very last photo in the Cars Section. Best Regards, Hamish.

Advice to potential Auctions Plus bidders:

Auctions Plus is predominantly a livestock auction website, which pivoted to clearing sales during the pandemic. I bought a couple of lots at the first clearing sale they held last March or April.

You must be pre-approved to bid. This requires you to undertake simple online training and pass the simple test. Well, it was simple foe me as a farmer. The catch for non-farmers is most of the training is about buying livestock. So you will have to get your head around questions like, "You bought 100 cattle, but 102 were delivered. Do you have to pay for the extra 2?" Answer: yes. So I suggest you undertake this training and registration process sooner rather than later, in case of hiccups.

When you come to bid, it is unlike eBay, which has a fixed end time for each lot. All lots are put up at once, and at the time set for the end of the auction any bid on any lot will extend the time available for bidding on any lot in the sale. The initial extension time is a minute, and after a while the extension time reduces until it reaches 10 seconds. I see there is provision for 150 lots. I would expect an auction of that size to go for about half an hour after the specified end time.

Roger

Auctions Plus is predominantly a livestock auction website, which pivoted to clearing sales during the pandemic. I bought a couple of lots at the first clearing sale they held last March or April.

You must be pre-approved to bid. This requires you to undertake simple online training and pass the simple test. Well, it was simple foe me as a farmer. The catch for non-farmers is most of the training is about buying livestock. So you will have to get your head around questions like, "You bought 100 cattle, but 102 were delivered. Do you have to pay for the extra 2?" Answer: yes. So I suggest you undertake this training and registration process sooner rather than later, in case of hiccups.

When you come to bid, it is unlike eBay, which has a fixed end time for each lot. All lots are put up at once, and at the time set for the end of the auction any bid on any lot will extend the time available for bidding on any lot in the sale. The initial extension time is a minute, and after a while the extension time reduces until it reaches 10 seconds. I see there is provision for 150 lots. I would expect an auction of that size to go for about half an hour after the specified end time.

Roger
thanks for your help Roger. regards Hamish

Roger
This advice is REALLY important. The approval to bid process isn't totally intuitive, but once you find the right place on their website, the instruction videos are good. Start early, not the day before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure it was an interesting learning experience for you, John. Once you get some experience, you will find other clearing sales with useful stuff. It's not just tractors and farm machinery, there is often stuff of more general interest such as building materials, tools and workshop equipment. Just don't bid on a B Double load of cattle for the fun of it!

I see they are about to launch their updated website. It may pay to take their quick tour of it, in case they chuck us into it with no warning.

You can set a limit bid and walk away, or bid manually during or at the end of the auction. The last few minutes can be quite exciting! The action doesn't really start until the timer kicks in.

Roger

I'm sure it was an interesting learning experience for you, John. Once you get some experience, you will find other clearing sales with useful stuff. It's not just tractors and farm machinery, there is often stuff of more general interest such as building materials, tools and workshop equipment. Just don't bid on a B Double load of cattle for the fun of it!

I see they are about to launch their updated website. It may pay to take their quick tour of it, in case they chuck us into it with no warning.

You can set a limit bid and walk away, or bid manually during or at the end of the auction. The last few minutes can be quite exciting! The action doesn't really start until the timer kicks in.

Roger
Phew, that took me a full hour, including actually watching their pretty well-presented training videos and answering 20 questions about pregnant ewes and cattle deliveries. Now I'm in real danger - just looked through a clearance sale..... :)

Just as well you gave us the warning Roger, and thanks so much for thinking to.