Just don't mention the war..

Here's the same house when the homies came to visit.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1060.jpg
    1060.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 457
With the car in a barn out the back! Kept on blocks and covered with a tarp and still in original perfect state. They even started it at least twice a year. Only the brakes will need a little adjusting. Not only that but free to a good home.

I know a guy who could probably make one of those, anyone got a blueprint..?

I could build the house too if someone wanted to fund it..:2cents:

Hmmm, just doing some research on the owner of afore mentioned Renault, it appears to have be owned by one Sir David Hardie whose residence and surgery appears to have existed in Wickham terrace Brisbane, so it is highly unlikely the house has survived the ravages of city expansion in that area.

Biography - Sir David Hardie - Australian Dictionary of Biography

Last edited:
Here's the same house when the homies came to visit.

attachment.php

So you discovered it is/was in Wickham Tce?

http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/221822897?q&versionId=243285026

If it's Firhall at 135 Wickham Tce, it's long gone

Ps:

"135 Wickham Terrace is a 12 level office building offering two basement levels of parking for 79 cars. The site also includes Firhall, a separate two storey building to the rear. Net lettable area of the main building is 5,969m² (typical floor area 500m²), and Firhall is 560m². The building is located directly opposite Central Station and is only a few minutes walk to the Brisbane GPO and Queen Street Mall."

https://jagonal.com.au/office/building/QLD/Brisbane/Inner-Suburbs/Brisbane-Fringe/Spring-Hill/BMM-Place#details

Last edited:
Bugger, they probably bulldozed the barn with the car still in it.

Hmmm, just doing some research on the owner of afore mentioned Renault, it appears to have be owned by one Sir David Hardie whose residence and surgery appears to have existed in Wickham terrace Brisbane, so it is highly unlikely the house has survived the ravages of city expansion in that area.

Biography - Sir David Hardie - Australian Dictionary of Biography

Long gone at that location! Great big house, wasn't it. Renault exported strongly around the turn of the century - I'm always surprised at how many Edwardian-era cars are around. Great photo, for which thanks too.

and their motto was "all we leave behind are the memories" :D

Funny you should mention the Deens. I had dinner with that extended family at their houses many years ago. Now THAT was an interesting evening. Probably not for these pages, but let's remember for next time we meet!

Yep , probably originally were the same name but the Fortitude Valley end was probably excommunicated by the gentry from Spring hill, hence the change from Tce to St. Wickham st Fortitude valley is synonymous with hookers and is a party precinct, a good place for a respectable Reno hugger to stay away from.

Last edited:
I used to stay at Punthill appts in Astor terrace Spring Hill when in Brissie. A block away from Wickham.

A fair few years ago a lady I was dating insisted we go to the Wickham hotel nightclub for a look, with some trepidation and concern to my good character I agreed to go. Never again, what an eye opener that was..:eek::eek::eek:

I'd never have doubted your good character....

My only venture into "the valley", mentioned in an earlier post, was to a locksmith in 1978. No comments about why! I've done a fair bit in Q'ld over the years but I keep quiet about it usually, as you'd judge by my once knowing the Deen brothers.... :)

Cheers

Next time we meet. It's not as racey as I'd perhaps like...

Are the Deen brothers still knocking things down? Interesting evening though - they loved telling the story of making sure someone saw them near "interesting" buildings like the Breakfast Creek Hotel, just for the fun of it. That would have been late 1980s I guess.

Yes they are still at it, probably run by the younger generation now though. I can imaging their presence near any iconic building would create panic.

That was their pleasure as I understood it... You can just imagine! Interesting family.