Is anyone else being driven insane by mowers that don't cut ?

you're a braver man than me Gunga Din.... :)
Bob

There is already HEAPS of trees and garden beds. If she want the paddocks full of trees, she can cut the grass. At the moment it probably takes me an hour to cut 80% of the grass.... and 1 day to try and cut around the house and all the damn trees and gardens. Open spaces are the simplest thing in the world to upkeep if you have a big mower!

I sound like a bit of a moron there ..... This will probably make more sense of what I'm saying. This is the mower that does 90% of the grass cutting.

mower1.jpg

This is how much grass you cut if your not trying to dodge around trees.

mower2.jpg

Its fantastic, it doesn't break, the tractor uses bugger all fuel .... You can cut the grass no matter how long it gets and you don't need to worry about shredding deck belts or breaking ride-ons.

zero turn, they're everywhere, in all sorts of sizes - but mostly cheaper than those 4WD limos. Taking eye at the moment is a little 42" Red Max [used to be known as Dixon I'm told].... lots to look at...
Shane, dunno that flail monster fits in with our back garden... :)
Bob

I sound like a bit of a moron there ..... This will probably make more sense of what I'm saying. This is the mower that does 90% of the grass cutting.

View attachment 138396

This is how much grass you cut if your not trying to dodge around trees.

View attachment 138397

Its fantastic, it doesn't break, the tractor uses bugger all fuel .... You can cut the grass no matter how long it gets and you don't need to worry about shredding deck belts or breaking ride-ons.
Room for 100 old cars and one small caravan for you after Ange changes the locks.....🆘❌⭕🈲

Room for 100 old cars and one small caravan for you after Ange changes the locks.....🆘❌⭕🈲

There is probably more caravans and trailer than cars here at the moment. Last time I moved all the shit to cut the grass I counted twelve trailers that I had to move to cut the grass under (caravans being classified as trailers). Only three of them are mine. I've pushed them all into one corner of the yard so I can cut the yard without having to try and dodge around them.

I reckon I'm going to keep my eyes out for a zero turn mower with a blown motor and move the 18hp motor from the mower here over to it :)

Unfortunately, where Shane is, sheep would be vulnerable to predation by neighbours' dogs. He would need to erect a 2m high netting fence around his property to keep dogs out.

Roger

Llamas then..... :) Or is it Alpacas that guard sheep? Alpacas have the advantage of being delicious.

There is already HEAPS of trees and garden beds. If she want the paddocks full of trees, she can cut the grass. At the moment it probably takes me an hour to cut 80% of the grass.... and 1 day to try and cut around the house and all the damn trees and gardens. Open spaces are the simplest thing in the world to upkeep if you have a big mower!
She is right. Once the trees are up your problem will be to keep enough grass for a lawn.

just when I thought what the hell would you want a flashy shaft drive 4WD mower for, the Greenfield finds a spot to bog itself.... the truckie next door extracted it in two minutes though.... :)

Bob

just when I thought what the hell would you want a flashy shaft drive 4WD mower for, the Greenfield finds a spot to bog itself.... the truckie next door extracted it in two minutes though.... :)

Bob
Horses for courses, as they say. I didn't buy my mower for the fancy 4WD badge.
I liked the result your wide flail mower gives.
My property hasn't got a flat that is as long as the width of your mower. Most places (apart from a path or two) it would be just the ends or a small part of the centre making contact with the grass.

As far as dream machines go; If zero steer and maneuverability, excellent cut, and catching are what is needed it would have to be a Walker.
They have Eaton transmission, a grass handling system that has an impeller in the chute, and deck and engine options to suit just about anyone. Very compact and agile, too. Built to a high standard. The articulated deck follows contours well.
And they make the Canycom/Razorback seem cheap.
A lot of professional mower services use Walkers because of their speed and finish.
https://www.walker.com/

I've never seen a mower like this before. it just popped up on facebook marketplace.

258871385_6455143281222616_4258309961192470846_n.jpg

that would be zero turn like a forklift no doubt. I bet it takes some practice to mow around stuff with

I've never seen a mower like this before. it just popped up on facebook marketplace.

258871385_6455143281222616_4258309961192470846_n.jpg

that would be zero turn like a forklift no doubt. I bet it takes some practice to mow around stuff with
Yes the back wheels steer so it pivots on the front wheels. Stiga used to have a similar design, they call them "front mount" mowers for obvious reasons.

Yes the back wheels steer so it pivots on the front wheels. Stiga used to have a similar design, they call them "front mount" mowers for obvious reasons.
Oh yeah, I've seen the big ones, I've never seen a little urban sized zero turn mower such as this before though. I'd say maybe 90's given the small motor on it (11hp)

Oh yeah, I've seen the big ones, I've never seen a little urban sized zero turn mower such as this before though. I'd say maybe 90's given the small motor on it (11hp)
I had a bit of a Google, first came out in 1985 and had 30 to 36" cut, couldn't find when they stopped making them.
Stiga list a small front mount in their current range, 85 to 95cm cutting deck.
Dixon made a small true zero turn, I sold one earlier this year, 11hp B+S power.

I had a bit of a Google, first came out in 1985 and had 30 to 36" cut, couldn't find when they stopped making them.
Stiga list a small front mount in their current range, 85 to 95cm cutting deck.
Dixon made a small true zero turn, I sold one earlier this year, 11hp B+S power.

I've been keeping my eye out for a small zero turn for a while. There was a Dixon came up, I googled it and it was twin clutch packs to control the drive wheel... I wasn't sure it it could be repaired if there was issues (due to parts un-availability). it did look very compact and interesting though. I'd should look at this dixon, as I'm sure it'l just be the "usual" 5spd transaxle in it :confused:

I've been keeping my eye out for a small zero turn for a while. There was a Dixon came up, I googled it and it was twin clutch packs to control the drive wheel... I wasn't sure it it could be repaired if there was issues (due to parts un-availability). it did look very compact and interesting though. I'd should look at this dixon, as I'm sure it'l just be the "usual" 5spd transaxle in it :confused:
The Dixon I had had no gears at all, two belts (drive and cutting deck), the rear end was driven by a cone, bit like an old Cox mower.
It was old though, 1970s, they restore the same model in the USA now.🤷‍♂️
Don't know what the later ones were like though?

Shane, that green Bolens thing will be rear steer, not zero turn. Zero turn is where you can turn one wheel forward and the other wheel backward at the same time, so it spins on its own axis.

Roger