I got ready and jumped!

That's a shame about Shannons Auctions. I wondered why the planned November Auction wasn't up as friends had a set of plates they were hoping to sell that way. I wonder where is best now??? The past auctions can still be found and it's often a good resource as the photos were generally pretty good. I wonder if they will leave the prior auctions up for viewing? Perhaps not?

I just noticed the protruding towbar in your earlier larger carpark post up the page. That's really dangerous and likely to slice open the side of some poor sod's car if they stray too close. Who would be in the wrong here? Are there rules on protruding towbar tongues? Is the 4WD not parking properly? Or is it the car park owner at fault?

1698831296272.png

Last edited:
Shannons Insurance was put through Sun Insurance. They were good and paid out full value on restored cars. A 504 Ti that ran away at a paddock gate received full payment even though it wasn't on a registered road.

Shannons Insurance was put through Sun Insurance. They were good and paid out full value on restored cars. A 504 Ti that ran away at a paddock gate received full payment even though it wasn't on a registered road.
Insurance would still be going on?

Insurance would still be going on?
I'll be moving all my insurances away from the as anything needs to be changed either way. Have you tried ringing them lately? It is utterly impossible to get through. The last car I purchased, in desperation I took out insurance elsewhere as I simply couldn't get through on the phone to add the car to my policy. If they are this bad to give money too, imagine how difficult a claim is going to be. the only reason I went through shannons is years ago, they answered this phone within 2 rings, and an austrlian answered the phone..... there was no phone queue. They are now seriously shithouse

Apart from glass claims I have had no trouble. I had a claim a couple of months ago (an idiot parking) - they said it would take a month to assess, so I took it to my favourite repairer who had it approved, fixed and painted in a week. Telephone calls aren't so slow to answer if you ring out of peak times.

Glass is a problem because they pass the claim on to O'Briens, who seem unable to locate Citroen stock when it's available. I suspect O'Briens use only what is currently in their own warehouse. Small glass fitters are a better bet.

Shannons are agents for a Suncorp group company. In NSW, Shannons green slips (third party) are issued by GIO.

The end of the Auctions should no affect insurance. Ultimately, you are still insuring with Suncorp.
I had absolutely no trouble speaking to Shannons on Friday morning re car insurance and then transferred internally to sort out CTP, There was the usual press 1 for service x, 2 for ... etc. menus and I was talking with a local inside a minute. Perhaps, the 13 number is redirected differently in Vic vs NSW? Maybe, all the Shannons phone staff decided to leave Victoria with the rest of the escapees? :)

Apart from glass claims I have had no trouble. I had a claim a couple of months ago (an idiot parking) - they said it would take a month to assess, so I took it to my favourite repairer who had it approved, fixed and painted in a week. Telephone calls aren't so slow to answer if you ring out of peak times.

Glass is a problem because they pass the claim on to O'Briens, who seem unable to locate Citroen stock when it's available. I suspect O'Briens use only what is currently in their own warehouse. Small glass fitters are a better bet.

Shannons are agents for a Suncorp group company. In NSW, Shannons green slips (third party) are issued by GIO.
I tried ringing all time over 3 days. I've tried ringing them several times over the last few months. Minimum of 5 minuate of utter bullshit just to get into a phone queue where you sit "forever". This isn't a government service, if they don't offer a useful service, I will go elsewhere. I have always praised and spoken highly of shannons.... Now I simply wouldn't bother with them. I've posted messages on there facebook page letting them know how disgusted I am. I have let every operator know how shithouse there service is. I'm done.

Have a look at any message on there facebook page. almost every response is ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE :mad::mad:

Try e-mailing them and asking for a callback. Or maybe chat would work?

I often ask them where they are, and it's rarely Sydney. Shannons large Sydney office in Artarmon is a strange place. The doors are locked all day and visitors are unwelcome. I have visited their previous location and there is a large staff count.

"Sour out CTP" isn't a bad description.

I've never had Shane's contact problems with Shannons. The 'local' I spoke with lives in the next suburb as it turned out.
'Sour' re CTP indeed!. Spell-checker + fumble fingers failure now 'sort'-ed.

Seems like EV actually has more problems than ICE apart from unknown to nil resale value, despite Peugeot Australia keeps churning EV range at totally unrealistic prices. Even so called pretentious hybrids are not spared poor reliability apart from less power than ICE equivalents.