Gordini recently given away?

Ouch, baby!

Is it me, or does that waist line in the last picture look like a bad omen? The right side (first picture) doesn't look wrong but the left one looks like the car is bent at the base of the A-pillar. Or somewhere between the A and B pillars. I would be weary of opening the right door though.

I confess I sent to scrap a 17TL shell that only had surface rust. A lot of it but no holes, including the doors. Absolutely none anywhere else.

Angru, let me know if the two BWA rims are surplus to your needs. I have a set of 4 but some spares would be handy.

Also the late wiper wand with intermittent function as I don’t have a spare and the driver side tinted door glass (mine has a dirty big scratch!).

Its still out the front of my place and I’m looking out the window at it now.. It’s raining and I’m thinking I should put it undercover so it doesn’t get too wet. Maybe 15 years too late though

Attachments

• 793C1B13-D066-4624-83CF-40264DE1B2D9.jpeg
    793C1B13-D066-4624-83CF-40264DE1B2D9.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 166
Ouch, baby!

Is it me, or does that waist line in the last picture look like a bad omen? The right side (first picture) doesn't look wrong but the left one looks like the car is bent at the base of the A-pillar. Or somewhere between the A and B pillars. I would be weary of opening the right door though.

I confess I sent to scrap a 17TL shell that only had surface rust. A lot of it but no holes, including the doors. Absolutely none anywhere else.
Yeah. I had to drag it up from the block where it had been parked. Had to dig around the wheels to get it free then it needed a lot of force from the 4x4 to get it to move. It pretty much broke in half during the process.

Angru, let me know if the two BWA rims are surplus to your needs. I have a set of 4 but some spares would be handy.

Also the late wiper wand with intermittent function as I don’t have a spare and the driver side tinted door glass (mine has a dirty big scratch!).
Yeah. Only 2 of those wheels but they have your name on them.
Did you get to the bottom of your wiper issues? Yeah, I’ll pull the stalk and the box for that out for you too.

Yeah. Only 2 of those wheels but they have your name on them.
Did you get to the bottom of your wiper issues? Yeah, I’ll pull the stalk and the box for that out for you too.
Not yet so that would be great to get the switch and control box.

Shane, are you thinking of Volkar? He had a modified gunmetal grey 15TS. It had personalized plates “covert”. From memory he had 17g discs on the back and probably had a few g bits. Think it was running twin sidedraughts, whereas the 17ts/ gordini had EFI.
Yeah, that's the car. I haven't seen it for years/decades!

Wow Andrew, that is a sad case of neglect !!!!!

Hope you get some spares out of it.

Ray

Its still out the front of my place and I’m looking out the window at it now.. It’s raining and I’m thinking I should put it undercover so it doesn’t get too wet. Maybe 15 years too late though
Leave the car outside and put the trailer under cover before it is too rusty to use.

Yeah. They look like they’re structurally rigid, although will need re-trimming.
No worries. Thank you.

I only have one original seat (like yours) and a passenger from my old 17TL I scrapped.

Funny thing is, the original 17G tombstone seats like these don't clear the ceiling so nobody can get in the back seat. Might be a good opportunity to shorten the back somehow and re-trim to fit.

Wow Andrew, that is a sad case of neglect !!!!!

Hope you get some spares out of it.

Ray
But a very good illustration of what happens to a car if left in the garden long enough. How long has it been abandoned, I wonder?

My guess is if you want to preserve a car long term and you're out of storage space, you best drive it in the desert and leave it there.