Gordini recently given away?

Bowie

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
You know the one in the for sale thread. Which one of you lucky ducks is taking care of it. And what the heck was it! Oooooooh!

Oh you flirt! Go on, give us a hint.

oh alright, good that it's not left in the cold.

Good on you mysterious owner!

The person giving it away is a long time friend and I had the pleasure of driving it a few times. One trip especially that i remember was Christmas morning 1984 when I drove it from Moss Vale to Delegate, a mere 400kms, in 3 hours. Not much traffic that morning.

And what the heck was it! Oooooooh!
The model type was slightly incorrectly written, it was R1317, so a 17 Gordini, that would have had a 5 speed manual box that was apparently broken but came with a 4 speed fitted and were standard with 4 wheel discs. Of course they were also fuel injected using a D Jetronic system. Sway bars were also a little larger, and the wheels were 5.5" wide instead of the 4.5" wheels of the standard 15/17, still 13" in diameter.

The model type was slightly incorrectly written, it was R1317, so a 17 Gordini, that would have had a 5 speed manual box that was apparently broken but came with a 4 speed fitted and were standard with 4 wheel discs. Of course they were also fuel injected using a D Jetronic system. Sway bars were also a little larger, and the wheels were 5.5" wide instead of the 4.5" wheels of the standard 15/17, still 13" in diameter.
And who the Hell Bought it .......???????

yeah im not even mad, I move state, actually day 2 of being 1000km away and someone needs a home for a bloody 17 Gordini. Just my flippin luck :D

I’m planing to go up next week to get it.
I spoke to the owner (seemed like a really decent bloke who had loved the car) for 20 minutes yesterday, and sounds like it’s body is in a bad way.
It’s an R1317 and he says it’s ‘75 build. I got the impression it was badged as a 17 Gordini rather than TS (not totally sure) and from verbal description, is an early type shell with fuel filler on top section of rear quarter.
At some stage the car had some damage done whereby the windscreen was broken and it’s been exposed to the elements since. I’m not sure of it’s future yet, but if it’s complete enough and able to be saved I would hope to be able to put it on the road as a 17G again.
I’ll update when I collect it.

Oh, and thanks to the eagle eyed aussiefrogs watcher who tipped me off that it had been posted on here within a couple of minutes of the add going up... there’s a bottle of rum coming your way:).
need to get on their 'speed dial' too, just under Angru. ;)

might change my name to Aaaaaangru.

Used to be common in yellow pages listings...

Well done Andrew, that's another project.......

Ray

I’m planing to go up next week to get it.
I spoke to the owner (seemed like a really decent bloke who had loved the car) for 20 minutes yesterday, and sounds like it’s body is in a bad way.
It’s an R1317 and he says it’s ‘75 build. I got the impression it was badged as a 17 Gordini rather than TS (not totally sure) and from verbal description, is an early type shell with fuel filler on top section of rear quarter.
At some stage the car had some damage done whereby the windscreen was broken and it’s been exposed to the elements since. I’m not sure of it’s future yet, but if it’s complete enough and able to be saved I would hope to be able to put it on the road as a 17G again.
I’ll update when I collect it.
Well done indeed. "Glutton for punishment" comes to mind too! :)