Gordini recently given away?

That photo of the seat makes me sad! I remember picking up my new 15 from Renault Western avenue Acton and turning that plastic knob!
Can't understand how car like that was allowed to rot.
Yeah, sad is the way it is. Pretty much everything off this car had seriously deteriorated due to rust, or sitting around. The springs all have serious pitting and aren’t useable, the motor is seized, still hoping to free it up before I pull it down. The transmission hump was rusted.. even stuff like switchgear and dash parts are either scrap, good for parts only, or, at best require repair.
A few things that have survived better than I’d thought though are fuel tank, and main loom. Luckily the driveshafts have still got their boots on, although none split, but still appears full of grease.

Why didn't they just
That photo of the seat makes me sad! I remember picking up my new 15 from Renault Western avenue Acton and turning that plastic knob!
Can't understand how car like that was allowed to rot.
Why didn't they just send if off for scrap?

I guess it would be the same as someone with a rusty 504ti or lti offering it free for the taking graham, as I would imagine there would be Peugeot people seeking hard to find parts to keep their treasures on the road.......jim

If I want to keep something worthwhile I make sure it is undercover, otherwise it gets dismantled for parts.

If I want to keep something worthwhile I make sure it is undercover, otherwise it gets dismantled for parts.
Yeah. Not everybody has that forethought though or ability in the moment to see into the future as to how long it will be til they can get to working on something. I think this car was parked for a relatively short time that became a longer time. I don’t think the owner intended to leave it there for long at all, but life got in the way. Also, from talking to him I think right up until I came to get it, he believed it was in a much better condition than it actually was. He didn’t seem to consider that being parked outside would do much damage to the mechanical components, suggested it would probably still start with a fresh battery.
He talked about intending to restore it with his son, but that the son had said it was too bigger job only a few months back.
If you could turn back time you’d build a shed around it, put it on a concrete floor, or arrange to sell it to somebody who has a means to repair it before it deteriorates. I get the impression the deterioration was something he didn’t foresee happening.
As it is though, it’s deteriorated to the stage where it is impractical to restore, even if you could find a good series 2 shell. The useable parts are going to the people who can use them, and that ends the cycle of deterioration.

Yeah. Not everybody has that forethought though or ability in the moment to see into the future as to how long it will be til they can get to working on something. I think this car was parked for a relatively short time that became a longer time. I don’t think the owner intended to leave it there for long at all, but life got in the way. Also, from talking to him I think right up until I came to get it, he believed it was in a much better condition than it actually was. He didn’t seem to consider that being parked outside would do much damage to the mechanical components, suggested it would probably still start with a fresh battery.
He talked about intending to restore it with his son, but that the son had said it was too bigger job only a few months back.
If you could turn back time you’d build a shed around it, put it on a concrete floor, or arrange to sell it to somebody who has a means to repair it before it deteriorates. I get the impression the deterioration was something he didn’t foresee happening.
As it is though, it’s deteriorated to the stage where it is impractical to restore, even if you could find a good series 2 shell. The useable parts are going to the people who can use them, and that ends the cycle of deterioration.
Good to see it wasn't a total waste then.

Reactions: IWS
Andrew, don’t rush into the decision, if you can stick it somewhere (undercover) if you can and just wait, you will be surprised when a lightbulb moment or opportunity comes up, as it may just seem overwhelming at the moment. My thoughts only of course.