Gerry's CX Restoration--restored pics

I've never seen "underneath" a car look so clean!! I'll be interested to see if the exhaust wrapping keeps inside the car any cooler :)

seeya,
Shane L.

The rear panels are now all in place. Including the rear louvre.
Cheers Gerry:cheers:

Attachments

• DSC03708.jpg
    DSC03708.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 590
  • DSC03709.jpg
    DSC03709.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 578
  • DSC03710.jpg
    DSC03710.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 616
  • DSC03711.jpg
    DSC03711.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 562
Door trims, screen, rim painting, fluids and battery to add, then of course sorting out any electrical issues and the niggly little problems that always occur just when you think that your ready to start it up.

That looks fantastic. dying some colour back into the handles really improves the look of them!

seeya,
Shane L.

I am so envious of you, Gerry. That is some damn nice work. I've seen cars at judged Concours events that weren't that well restored.

Hmmmmmm.......someone here had a spare CX S2 Prestige bodyshell. Now I just need some spare cash.

Hi Gerry,
pleased to see that you're keeping up the standard that we've come to expect and enjoy. Fantastic work!
Can you elaborate on how you managed to find/resurrect door trims like that.
roger

What an impressive effort. :adrink: Really impressed with the door cards and also keen to know who did them please :D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi Gerry,

Just looking at your photos again, always inspires me, and on the boot lid I noticed two things. You painted white all the way up and didn't put the black strip in. I am assuming that is a choice decision. Did you do that last time you painted it? Have any impact on rear vision?

Second, what is the badge you have placed on the right hand fac of the boot?

Thanks, back to looking at a few more photos.

Laurie

Gerry, a further question after looking at your pictures. I see that you have used about 8 of the black clips/guides on the fixed rear windows. The diagrams or installation show 4 - an reason for using more?

Laurie

Hi Gerry,

Just looking at your photos again, always inspires me, and on the boot lid I noticed two things. You painted white all the way up and didn't put the black strip in. I am assuming that is a choice decision. Did you do that last time you painted it? Have any impact on rear vision?

Second, what is the badge you have placed on the right hand fac of the boot?

Thanks, back to looking at a few more photos.

Laurie

Pat is not a fan of blackout panels. So I have always had it white and did it that way again.
The badge is a CCOCA badge and has a traction as its motif.
I had that badge on it before in place of the very poor looking C-Matic emblem.
As for the black plastic clips on the rear glass I put in the same number as was on it when I removed the glass. They were available from Andrew Brodie in England back in the year 2001. I do not know if they can still be obtained, but I am glad I purchased them. Makes holding the stainless in place a breeze. The originals were all broken and last time I had the trimss hel with double sided tape-----NOT satisfactory!

Pat is not a fan of blackout panels. So I have always had it white and did it that way again.
The badge is a CCOCA badge and has a traction as its motif.
I had that badge on it before in place of the very poor looking C-Matic emblem.
As for the black plastic clips on the rear glass I put in the same number as was on it when I removed the glass. They were available from Andrew Brodie in England back in the year 2001. I do not know if they can still be obtained, but I am glad I purchased them. Makes holding the stainless in place a breeze. The originals were all broken and last time I had the trimss hel with double sided tape-----NOT satisfactory!
Yes, the clips are still available. I got a batch of them from Miles last year. They're actually quite cheap (under 2.00/ea), but be aware there are two different sizes, depending on the thickness of your glass.

It was a great pleasure to see this car in the flesh recently. It is the closest thing to a brand new CX that I'm sure I'll ever see, with attention to original detail that leaves you speechless. I admit I was more focussed on the Tractions on my visit. What an inspiration..and to think he stands ready to advise on restoration of my (originally his!) 64 DS 19 Pallas!

Incredible, Gerry.

Tim

At last the front door trims are now in place. They needed the door bins and pockets changing for non faded items and also the hole cut for the electric mirror switch.

Attachments

• DSC03890.jpg
    DSC03890.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 670
  • DSC03889.jpg
    DSC03889.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 720
Slow progress being made at the moment. At last the rims have all been soda blasted by a very efficient firm in Colac. They came back etch primed and undercoated and were sent to the local panel shop for a two pack finish in AC140. The painter was able to reference the code on line to come up with the exact formula.
Incidentally for all of you who are still criticising the use of powder coated finishes I have it on good authority from the blasting operator that the original finish for these wheels is Powder Coating.

Attachments

• DSC03911.jpg
    DSC03911.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 545
  • DSC03912.jpg
    DSC03912.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 507
  • DSC03913.jpg
    DSC03913.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC03914.jpg
    DSC03914.jpg