French Car day show of hands

It really fusses me not, because I won't be able to be there.

I'll have to make do with my own private FCD. :)

Pug307:

I suspect it's the Vel you know what. I'll remember to carry my air sickness bags around when I see it :D
Just as well all the Peugeots won't be parked together, or else spectators could get lost in a sea of blandness! eek! :D

(Just a little friendly brand rivalry there!)

<small>[ 18 February 2003, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Europa ]</small>

Europa:
Originally posted by Pug307:

Just as well all the Peugeots won't be parked together, or else spectators could get lost in a sea of blandness! eek! :D

(Just a little friendly brand rivalry there!)
Exactly what i was thinking, once they'd seen all of the pugs what else would they do? roll_lau

dogboy:
are there no Cit people going?????
Oh well...I'll be there....in the little Lavender Blue 2CV!!!!
Cheers cheers! whip citroen_
Ah - must be busy polishing the 2CV which is why you never answer your phone or your emails!!

Wonder how I'll buy a 66ID19 now?
eek!

<small>[ 18 February 2003, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: UFO ]</small>

Plenty of friendly rivalry happening here, thought i'd add my thoughts drawn from life's experience.

Emblems of the Marques!

Lion :- These days mostly just a caged animal.

Chevron :- Find them on many uniforms, it makes them look good.

Diamonds :- Everybody knows!! They'll get you everything you want.

dance dance dance dance dance

Hi Guys,

it was a great day, I met heaps of people, got plenty sunburnt, and ended up keeping away from my own car a lot of the time (as it was in the direct sun). Lets see from this board I met:

Mistareno
Damian & his amazing Renault 10(I forgot to grab a raffle ticket from you, talk about a busy afternoon !).
Andrew
Mark M. (his incredible SM was there)
several other aussiefroggers that'll come to me soon.. I met so many poeple I've lost track of a lot of them.

What a great afternoon, I reckon I might have even copped a bit of sunstroke ... The Citroen CD-ROMS were $3.00 each rather than two, I gave them to the Citroen Club shop they made $1.00 out of each. Apparantly they sold about 30disks. Someone must've bought 'em, I had no idea they'd be so popular!

There was a huge turnout, I guess someone will let me know how many, I didn't count.

seeya,
Shane L.

Thanks Shane & many thanks to all who attended & made it a fantastic event. And i was great to put faces to fellow froggers, Covert was another frogger present.I only got a quick look at all the entries as i was kept busy talking vehicle mods with everyone who stopped to look at the R10. :)

Shane, it was great to check out the CX Turbo. I must admit it has changed my opinion of the CX, it looks great, and I love the wheels.

I had fun today, it was great getting to play with the suspension in the C5 HDi that was on display. Seems like a really nice car (and kinda cool considering I'm used to rather mundane Peugeots clown ).

The Renault Vel Satan was interesting. I love the interior, but the rear and nose still take a bit of getting used to.

I think the award for most interesting colour combo should go to the apricot coloured DS with bright blue interior! eek!

Hello all :)

I had a good time there in the morning.. I left at 11.30 but I seemed to be able to talk to a fair few people, including an important looking gentleman from Renault Australia who turned up in the Vel Satis.. guess who I gave an Aussiefrogs sticker to? :D

Shane,
Were you heading south along the Hume Fwy at about 12pm at Benalla? I saw a red CX heading south as I was driving north, and I was near the Benalla exit at the time.

Derek

Hi Deka,

no I think so I was there by about 11:30. However if the car had plastic bumpers & 16" alloy wheels, then yep ... It's gotta be me. You can see my CX in the Melbourne cruise thread, about page 6 with the UK plates on it. (and it's front view is to the left of this message, a shitty photo but well... I'll fix it oneday :D ).

seeya,
Shane L.

OK Shane :)

My photos of the drive day on Saturday and the AFCD are up at <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/derekbartlett/aussiefrogs" target="_blank">http://homepage.mac.com/derekbartlett/aussiefrogs</a>

Enjoy :D

Derek.

Hi Derek,

so was it a Renault Car day, or ALL French Car day... There only appears to be photos of Renaults there :p :p tongue clown

Seriously, some great photo's there dance . Better go do some work...

seeya,
Shane L.