French Car day show of hands

Oui... I shall be attending (read with a French accent)...

A quick question (or a few), is there a fee to display your car? Nick, are you displaying yours?

Or is the day organised so anyone who has a Frog can park together with all the other Frogs who are there and be a part of the display?

Richard

Richard, that is a very good question. I assumed anyone could just park their car with similar models (I think they are going in order of make and within that by time period). I am certain there is a small entry fee, but as I have not attended any recent PCCV meeting I do not know.

I guess we'll find out on the day :)

$5 per car entry, or if making multiple entries talk to Dave C prior to negotiate a fee.
Usually laid out in Makes and age order.
And yes my R10 BEAST will be there, on a trailor though not running yet.

cheers! Damien

i ll be there...possibly with my 19month old...i figure start him of early so he can tell his KINDER friends what REAL cars are all about....love to see the silver 405 that was at the autosalon (the one with throtle bodies)...i think somebody had a rover 3.5 in a 504 or something or other...and than there are those beautiful ds....

cheers

dino

ps...Will there be anything like an AF stand where we can meet and congregate....???
be nice to put some faces behind all the handles....(although looking at my mug it might be best if i keep out of sight)

nothing planned so far any volunteers out there, i have a 3m x 3m gazebo that could be used if some one would like to set it up i think i'm gunna be pretty busy on the day though.
cheers!

dino:
love to see the silver 405 that was at the autosalon (the one with throtle bodies
that would be me then, i'll try to make it.
though you wouldn't recognise my car now roll_lau

Fellow Froggers,
If you intend to display your car, please be at Essendon before 10-15am so that we can get the cars positioned, before opening the show.
renault_ renault_ renault_ renault_ renault_ renault_ renault_

Are there any requirements in regard to the condition of the cars to have them on display? My car is in pretty good condition, but it isn't like it has had a respray or anything like that.

cheers.

nJm:
Are there any requirements in regard to the condition of the cars to have them on display? My car is in pretty good condition, but it isn't like it has had a respray or anything like that.

cheers.
Not really NJM, if its got 4 wheels and an engine it qualifies. The more the merrier.

Damien,
Thats probably a good thing. It might scare small children and cause drivers to lose concentration...... wat the!!! :D

OK, I'll try and answer a few questions.

If it's French it's welcome, age and condition are not an issue, it's a display of French vehicles and not a concourse, (although PCCV are holding there own concourse on the day so you will get to see the best Pugs Victoria has to offer). There will be prizes awarded for best car of each decade, plus best Renault Peugeot and Citroen, plus best of show. RCCV have a special treat, we're holding a raffle and the prize is a must for any Renault fan, especially Gordini fans

Cost is $5 per car, but car club members who wish to display more than 2 cars can register them with me and pay $10 to bring in as many as they like,(as long as they are the owner and I know the rego numbers)

Cars will be displayed in decade order and not by make; eg. all 50's cars will be together, all 60's and so on, the idea is to show what French vehicles were available during the 50's/60's etc.
Previous AFD's have shown this works because it also gets owners of different makes talking to each other. In past years when cars have been displayed in makes we end up with one make not talking to other makes and it ends up being 3 separate car shows, (boring if you ask me).

To find Essendon Airport, Melways map 16 C8.

And finally, the secret Renault. No Simon it's not the white Traffic van.
NOW EVERYONE, STOP ASKING ME, I AINT SAYING NOTHING.

David.

P.S. There's a chance, just a chance, we're still working on it but it is possible, we maybe able to have a new special hot Peugeot.
I AINT SAYIN' WOT THAT IS EITHER!!!!!!!!!

David