French Car day show of hands

David,

I have talked to Vicroads and got permission to put some signs up.

I will put one at the "airports" exit (both east and west)

one at the matthews avenue exit,

and one at the top of the matthews ave exit ramp.

All signs just say "FRENCH CAR SHOW -->" I'm sure people will get the point.

I'll put them up on Saturday evening.

Thanks Richard that sounds great, send the bill to RCCV. Also, as you come in the main drag to the airport from the freeway, the airport administation building is on the right and the carpark entrance is right next to it, (just before Chris and Maries Plant Farm), a sign there would be great.

David.

I should be able to make it. Do we have to register/pay in advance, or can we show up and do that on the day?

Will there be anyone from the PCCV there to join up? I've been meaning to do so for the past 18 months ..

rek:
I should be able to make it. Do we have to register/pay in advance, or can we show up and do that on the day?

Will there be anyone from the PCCV there to join up? I've been meaning to do so for the past 18 months ..
You can pay on the day.

Yes, even though RCCV is organising the day, someone from the PCCV will be able to help you,

Hi Guys,

I'll be there, if there's more than one CX turbo there, mine will be the red one :D If there's more than one red CX turbo there, mine will be the dirty one with bald tires (gee's I hope mistareno won't be there roll_lau )

seeya,
Shane L.

DoubleChevron:
Hi Guys,

I'll be there, if there's more than one CX turbo there, mine will be the red one :D If there's more than one red CX turbo there, mine will be the dirty one with bald tires (gee's I hope mistareno won't be there roll_lau )

seeya,
Shane L.
Now, where did I put that penalty notice book....
insert doctor evil laugh here... evil evil

Hey Mistareno,

if your going to bring a penalty book, make sure it's a newie with lots of spare pages. You see I'm sure you'll find a lot of froggies there that your height measuring stick won't fit under. I can see the look on all the Citroen owners faces when you start whacking canaries on 'em cause there cars are sitting to low to the ground roll_lau roll_lau roll_lau roll_lau dance clown

seeya,
Shane L.

DoubleChevron:
Hey Mistareno,

if your going to bring a penalty book, make sure it's a newie with lots of spare pages. You see I'm sure you'll find a lot of froggies there that your height measuring stick won't fit under. I can see the look on all the Citroen owners faces when you start whacking canaries on 'em cause there cars are sitting to low to the ground.
seeya,
Shane L.
roll_lau roll_lau
wink I can see the newspaper headline now...
"COP BASHED BY MAD FROGS!"

:D :D :D

1) We know it's not the Trafic
2) We know it's not a Megane II (sadly!)

Renault announced a car for release in Australia this year about 3-6 months ago, which featured on their web site and had coverage in the usual car mags and it was displayed at the Sydney motor show.

Strangely there seems to be no mention of the car anymore, but I suspect the show car from Sydney would still be around.

My guess is the VS

I could be mistaken, but I thought the Vel Satis was for sale by order out here?

I'm hoping it will be a new Espace or something like that.

The Vel Satan has not yet been released here - although reports said that when it is launched, it will be a very low volume car.

One has already been spotted. I doubt it's an Espace - I doubt the market exists for it at the price it would have to sell.

I suspect it's the Vel you know what. I'll remember to carry my air sickness bags around when I see it :D

BTW, just popped into my head - could it be the Avantime?

The Vel Satis isn't that new anymore.

The Vel Satis is newer than the Avantime. Also it is likely to be a Vel Satis because in AUS that niche is already a tested formula. For instance it could hardly sell in lower numbers than the conservatively styled Pug 607, and it has the "look at me" factor associated with it. I'd say numbers sold would be very small, but it is likely to attract publicity for the marque.

I still can't help thinking what one would be like in say 20 years time, sort of like a trusty rusty 20 is now, dandruffy paint, foam erupting from split leather, warning lights permanantly on.......

My bet is that it has to be the Vel Satis.