Floride Caravelle info

It was on carsales at some stage but I can't remember what the price was at the time.

Edit: I knew it looked familiar, there was a discussion about this car a while back and it would appear they wanted $45,000 for it at the time. http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/renault-forum/131957-another-floride-sale.html

attachment.php

Attachments

• yuojn1znho21jm6wot9ak.jpg
    yuojn1znho21jm6wot9ak.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 859
Last edited:
It's a Caravelle S.

It's pretty much still as it is in the photos stored in my garage.

David.

I like that body jig, makes life easier in welding in panels in the floor, gives excellent access to platen hammer the welds before grinding and final finishing. Is the jig yours David or borrowed.

Hope you get it finished and back on the road mate!

Ken

The Gosford car was discussed elsewhere but it was restored in the 90’s by an ex Ferrari factory mechanic for a guy called Gus Favi from Wollongong way. He did the bodywork. I remember hearing that it was rusty around the headlight “buckets” and he did do a lot of metal repair to produce the car you see there.

He won a AFCD concours best car on the day title in the mid to late 90’s, was around for a few years then pretty much disappeared. The story goes that he stored it in a shipping container for 20 years until it was pulled out a year or two back and sold to a couple who were family friends of the Favi’s.

The new owners approached the club about putting it on club plates and maybe a query about a minor spare part, then next we heard they had traded it in on a triumph TR sports car at the museum not that long after first hearing from them. Maybe the driving experience didn’t match the looks or expectation perhaps. When I spoke to them they were in love with the car and would never sell it! But obviously the honeymoon ended.

When I last saw the car in about 97 it was a gorgeous car and this car, and John Brigden’s Dauphine Gordini somewhat inspired me to do the best job I could on my R8 restoration. I was only new to renaults at the time, so couldn’t comment on whether it was original or not but it was beautifully restored.

What a nice restoration. Even an original rubber floor mat. What is not original is the oil cooler, and extractor exhaust. The air cleaner getting air from the engine bay rather than the outside. The heater hot air pipe, but they are impossible to replicate accuratly.

Hi everyone
Looking for a couple of parts for my daughter's 68 Caravelle if anyone can help. They are :-
1. Metal filter to the heater unit in the rear of car.
2. The chrome metal support at the top of the glass to the front quarter window, or whole front quarter glass for passengers side.
3. The movable catch and spring mounted on the lower back of the driver's seat that locks the seat into position. It would easier to have the whole metal support that connects the back of the seat to the base, as that would have all the bits that is required.

If anyone has these bits and is willing to part with them please contact me.

Thank you.

I'm sure the yanks would appreciate their Mustang being called French inspired :roflmao:

[Hi,
I think I can help with the metal filter and I have a pair of quarter window assemblies i.e L/R , I also have some of the seat release parts, so call me on 0414 275 534. I'm in Sydney.

There was a rusty Floride over the last few weeks in Melbourne for sale at $6K buy now on eBay, it timed out and then moved to a different site to sell, don’t know if it sold and wouldn’t think a rusty one in poor condition would of sold for that much.