Floride Caravelle info

Here's the chart that shows date of birth of your flocar taken from the ovel plate in your boot.

Attachments

• b8f7631200.png
    b8f7631200.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,431
Mine has an air intake too but it looks like it was never connected. (click on thumbnail)

Attachments

• caravelle2.gif
    caravelle2.gif
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,253

The above Caravelle, is it anyones on here if so send me a PM i would'nt mind taking a look, the one i've been looking at i think i've missed the boat.

!B7Mqg4Q!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKjwEylRCJbK7BMzf(qDT,Q~~_35.JPG

javascript:;Please wait
Image not available

• Enlarge

!B7Mqg4Q!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKjwEylRCJbK7BMzf(qDT,Q~~_14.JPG
!B7Mr85wBmk~$(KGrHqIOKiQEy3Pw5UMiBMzfbF7mkg~~_14.JPG
!B7Mt02QEWk~$(KGrHqQOKnEEy0TyCBeMBMzffvvljQ~~_14.JPG
!B7MvYrgBWk~$(KGrHqYOKjQEyT+JrE!(BMzfjs3ViQ~~_14.JPG
!B7Mw68gBmk~$(KGrHqYOKpIEy+jCzob0BMzfnfL2bQ~~_14.JPG

s.gif

Renault Caravelle

Item condition:UsedEnded11 Nov, 201010:30:44 AEDSTBid history:2 bids
Winning bid:AU $3,550.00Add to listjavascript:;
Start of panel
  • Add to Watch list
Sign in for more lists
End of panel

Last edited:
This car is an R1131 4 seater Caravelle and should have a fixed hardtop. It was not originally a coupe/ convertable. Also the engine would originally have been 956cc but it could have been fitted with 1108cc liners. The R1131 coupe/convertable for 1962 would have been badged as a Floride S not Caravelle. The coupe convertable only has a jump seat not a proper rear seat. If there is space behind the rear seat for the fold up hood I would check how the body has been modified.

This car is an R1131 4 seater Caravelle and should have a fixed hardtop. It was not originally a coupe/ convertable. Also the engine would originally have been 956cc but it could have been fitted with 1108cc liners. The R1131 coupe/convertable for 1962 would have been badged as a Floride S not Caravelle. The coupe convertable only has a jump seat not a proper rear seat. If there is space behind the rear seat for the fold up hood I would check how the body has been modified.

Rob, your correct on the caravelle, i should of looked at all the photo's, also i think the wheels are incorrect they should'nt be floride type non vented when this car should have the disc brakes and vented wheels. With the soft top over the years i've seen two caravelles that have a non original rag top more so, which also have less metal in the frame, at first over the years i thought these were a stock item but now know otherwise, i assume the caravelle must fall in this bracket.

The wheels appear to have some type of chrome trim. As you said often found on Floride R1092. They would not allow as much cooling as the slotted wheels that should be underneith the chrome.

img39.jpg

convertable........................................................ coupe

Note the difference in the rear walls and the parcel shelf where the soft tops fold down into. All 1092 florides being soft top, coupe or hard top have the convertable type design where as the 1131 or 1133 caravelles have both set ups. The coupe or 2x2 or true four seater is the model that has a true rear seat and not the kiddy seat with storage compartment.