Citroen C4 AL4 transmission problem

oops, forgot to mention that in the above post that part 2400X5 is the box that the gear stick rows around and it was a sensor that had gone dud.

you mean there is a sensor inside the box, is it possible to buy the sensor by itself?

too bad your box won't suit me, mine is a C4.

you mean there is a sensor inside the box, is it possible to buy the sensor by itself?

too bad your box won't suit me, mine is a C4.

As I understand it, the sensor is in that part where the gear stick plugs in on the console. The sensor is not available on it's own, but rather is part of a larger part which needed to be replaced as a whole unit.

Go to Peugeot Service Box if you have an account, or just create one. and bring up the details of a 407 and then in the search box enter 2400X5 which they call a Automatic Gearbox Control Lever, that is the part that failed on mine and gave the same symptoms as yours.

One advantage of having an account is that Peugeot and Citroen use the same part numbers for the same part, but do NOT have the same pricing structure, sometimes one is cheaper than the other. I believe that Sime Darby are about to merge the price lists and I guess they will merge so the higher price will prevail.

I didn't retain the old part to be able to inspect or acertain which bit failed or if it could be replaced on its own, assuming one could be found somewhere.

I am getting a little concerned with your eagerness to delve into the box but not knowing exactly what is wrong. Have you read the fault codes or taken the car to someone who can. I would lay money on the fault being the pressure regulation solenoid, but I would not go there unless that fault had been logged. The pressure regulation solenoid leads a very hard life in the AL4 and we have had to replace it twice on our Xantia.

It is not that expensive to replace or even get someone who knows what they are doing. I hope you are not driving the car around in limp mode, it is not designed as general drive mode and you may cause other damage. The difference in cost of a full overhaul and solenoid replacement is massive.